Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Updates, Speculations: Calzona, Jolex, Japril, Merder, Richard and the New Doctor [SPOILERS]
By Arlene Paredes | June 21, 2014 3:57 AM EST
The "Grey's Anatomy" Season 11 premiere date is likely to be around late-September as in previous years. For now, fans are guessing what creator Shonda Rhimes has in store for the main characters based on the Grey's Season 10 finale. The couples are moving forward, but not everyone is happy. Meanwhile, Richard Webber (James Pickens Jr) meets someone very special.
Cast members Sandra Oh (L), Patrick Dempsey and Ellen Pompeo (R) of the television series "Greys' Anatomy" pose at the 13th Annual Screen Actors Guild Awards in Los Angeles January 28, 2007.
Spoiler alert: This feature contains major spoilers on Grey's Anatomy Season 10. Read at your own risk.
Here are some of the fan speculations on key characters in the hit ABC drama. Some of the theories could inspire Shonda Rhimes to call Grey's Anatomy Season 11 the season of family relationships.
Callie Torres and Arizona Robbins (Calzona). Callie (Sara Ramirez) and Arizona (Jessica Capshaw) are in a much better place from where they were since the devastating plane crash in the Grey's Anatomy Season 8 finale - which was followed by Arizona's brief dalliance with Dr Boswell (Hilarie Burton). Fans are guessing this couple is off the shaky ground in the next new season. They could even begin to consider adoption.
Jo Wilson and Alex Karev (Jolex). Jo (Camilla Luddington) and Alex (Justin Chambers) are past the usual issues new couples tend to face, including a marriage proposal out of a heavy tragedy. Cristina Yang (Sandra Oh) leaves Karev her seat at the Board, which puts Karev in a very good place for a more serious relationship in Grey's Anatomy Season 11. However, Jo is probably going to take some time before she says yes to a wedding.
Jackson Avery and April Kepner (Japril). Jackson (Jesse Williams) and April (Sarah Drew) have a lot to figure out between their individual parenting preferences and the Avery lineage practices. This does not stop their baby from coming out in Grey's Anatomy Season 11. It would be interesting to see these two struggle in their new roles. Japril's story gives a lot of room for Catherine Avery (Debbie Allen), the soon-to-be grandma.
Meredith Grey and Derek Shepherd (Merder). Meredith (Ellen Pompeo) decides she is not going to chase after her husband's professional pursuits. Yang enlightens her on that matter in the finale episode of Grey's Anatomy Season 10. Derek (Patrick Dempsey), however, is not likely to turn down a big project that gives him a virtual White House badge. Divorce is not likely, though. They are going to make long distance work. Merder has two kids, Zoila and Bailey.
Richard Webber and the new doctor. Cristina Yang's replacement at Grey Sloan Memorial's Cardiothoracic Department is Dr. Margaret "Maggie" Pierce (Kelly McCreary). Shonda Rhimes has a lot of new cards to play here. Maggie, the viewers learned in Grey's Anatomy Season 10 finale, is Meredith's sister.
It seems Maggie does not know that she has a sister at Grey Sloan Memorial. It is very possible that Webber is her dad. Some fans do not expect Meredith to adapt to this new family situation quickly. In fact, it is one of the stories fans are looking forward to seeing in Grey's Anatomy Season 11.
More TV Series Episode Guide and Spoilers
'Grey's Anatomy' Season 11 Stories: New Sister, Karev vs Bailey, Dad Webber, Calzona Recovery, Japril Baby [SPOILERS]
NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Cote de Pablo's Ziva David Still Hoped to Return, Gibb's Second Wife Story Explored [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Finale Spoiler: Blake Proposes To Top Favourite Of Season 2
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money