NCIS Season 12 Speculations: Two Reasons Cote de Pablo's Ziva David Should Come Back to CBS Crime Drama
By Arlene Paredes | June 21, 2014 3:50 AM EST
"NCIS" Season 12 is expected to premiere on CBS later this year. This is the first whole season without Cote de Pablo as Ziva David. Many fans are speculating on and hoping for the return of Cote de Pablo as Ziva David. Here are two reasons why this Ziva return should happen.
Michael Weatherly arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
RELATED STORY | NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Cote de Pablo's Ziva David Still Hoped to Return, Gibb's Second Wife Story Explored [Click Here]
Two Reasons Cote de Pablo's Ziva David Should Come Back to CBS Crime Drama
1. An organic closure. Cote de Pablo decides to quit NCIS just after Season 10. This leaves the showrunners little time to weave an acceptable Ziva David exit for many viewers.
Ziva David gets lost in her past upon learning that her childhood best friend hates her. For Ziva, this is an unexpected side effect of killing her brother Ari (Rudolf Martin) in NCIS Season 2. This and her father's (Michael Nouri as Eli David) death in NCIS Season 10 create a heaviness that should be understandable for a character. But not Ziva.
Ziva, Gibbs (Mark Harmon), Tony DiNozzo (Michael Weatherly) and Tim McGee (Sean Murray) were all in danger when Ziva disappears between the NCIS Season 10 finale and Season 11 premiere. Organic Ziva would have not wasted time and regrouped with her NCIS team-family until the enemy falls. Then she breaks down her feelings after the crisis.
What does Ziva do post-NCIS? She probably has enough family wealth for the rest of her life. However, Ziva David is a brazen person who thrives in dangerous operations. Surely, she could not be doing nothing. Fans deserve a more proper closure, even a short Ziva arc in NCIS Season 12.
2. A promise. The NCIS showrunners would have drawn flak had they decided to kill Ziva David in the premiere of NCIS Season 11. But at least this would have eliminated the idea of an appeal for Ziva's return. Keeping Ziva alive is a promise in itself, at least that is how many fans are taking it. Even Cote de Pablo mentioned in media interviews that Ziva staying alive means she could come back to NCIS. She could, but would she?
For Tiva shippers, it is not plausible that Ziva and Tony have simply moved on after the events in the premiere of NCIS Season 11. The series boss agrees, but explains the next time Ziva is brought should come naturally to Tony's character development.
"If Tony's in a personal relationship or there's something significant happening for him and he wondered how she would respond, then maybe we can figure out a way (for them to talk)," NCIS showrunner Gary Glasberg earlier said in a Ziva-related interview.
More TV Series Episode Guide and Spoilers
'Grey's Anatomy' Season 11 Stories: New Sister, Karev vs Bailey, Dad Webber, Calzona Recovery, Japril Baby [SPOILERS]
Arrow Season 3 Premiere Excites Fans: Harley Quinn, The Flash, New Black Canary, Malcolm Merlyn and Red Arrow Updates [SPOILERS]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 7 Spoilers: Gemma’s World Starts To Crumble in ‘Greensleeves’ [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Kristen Stewart ‘Not In Love’ With ‘Equals’ Co-star Nicholas Hoult -- Reports
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage