Premier League Transfer News: Stoke Keen on Signing Livorno Forward, Says Club President
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 20, 2014 11:49 PM EST
Stoke City are keen on signing Livorno Forward Paulinho, according to the latter's club president, Aldo Spinelli.
The 28-year-old Brazilian contributed 15 goals and 6 assists in the Serie A for the Amaranto, but, unfortunately failed to keep them in the top-flight following a 20th place finish.
Stoke City are reported to be keen on signing Livorno's Paulinho to add firepower to Mark Hughes' squad
However, the Potters are not without a rival as Abu Dhabi club Al Jazira have also expressed their desire to secure the services of the former Juventude man.
"Al Jazira have already spoken with Paulinho, but Stoke City also want him and there are also a couple of other English clubs" Spinelli told Gazzetta dello Sport.
"We will take the decision which is best for everyone together."
"What I can say is that the negotiations (with AL Jazira) have started and in the coming hours we will know more about this, with everything still open, and talk to the player to work out the best opportunity."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Bob Arum Calls Showtime ‘Masochists’ For Allowing Floyd Mayweather To Lose Company Money
- Manny Pacquiao: ‘Money Is Not An Issue, Mayweather Has Not Responded To Challenge Of A Charity Match’
- Roger Federer Hailed Swiss Sportsman Of The Year, Beating Stan Wawrinka
- Hoax Alert: Floyd Mayweather Didn’t Die Of Drug Overdose
- NFL News: Chicago Bears Likely To Fire Head Coach Marc Trestman At End Of NFL Season