Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 Note 3 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Guide
By Precious Silva | June 20, 2014 8:51 PM EST
Samsung devices like Galaxy S3, S4, and Galaxy Note 3 started receiving the Android 4.4.3 KitKat update. AT&T led the pack releasing the firmware to Samsung Galaxy S3 subscribers. Verizon has also followed rolling out the update. As with other Android updates, networks and tech manufacturers roll out the update in stages. Some users may have received the notification already with others still waiting. Other networks have yet to finish their rollout of the Android 4.4.2 on all their devices including the carriers mentioned.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
Like what was previously reported, the release of Android KitKat update made way for goodies such Hangouts SMS integration, immersive mode, Google printing and similar features. Users should also find a number of Galaxy S3 and S4 mini bug fixes according to the change-logs. However, based from previous reports about Nexus devices updated to Android 4.4.3, the firmware is also plagued with a number of bugs.
As for Verizon and Samsung, Android reported that people should expect specific tweaks from the other companies like the ISIS Wallet for Galaxy S3 and Knox 2.0 support. Some users can take a few days to receive the notification. Carriers have only started rolling out to Galaxy devices last June 19 according to reports.
According to a report by Ecumenical news, some networks or carriers may roll out the Android 4.4.3 update to Samsung Galaxy S5 this June. However, Samsung Galaxy S4 devices may have to wait until July to get the firmware as Android 4.4.2 release has not been completed yet. According to Android Geeks, the following models are in line to receive the latest KitKat firmware: Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F (G900FXXUOBNE6) and SM-G900H (G900HXXUOBNE3) including Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 I9506XXUQDNE4. The report also noted that testing and integration for the models are in the final stages so update should be hitting Samsung handsets in no time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Washington Redskins 20, Dallas Cowboys 17 (OT) [PHOTOS]
- Emma Watson Gets 'Squished' In 'Colonia Dignidad' [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family