Samsung Galaxy S5, Galaxy S4, Galaxy S3 Note 3 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Guide
By Precious Silva | June 20, 2014 8:51 PM EST
Samsung devices like Galaxy S3, S4, and Galaxy Note 3 started receiving the Android 4.4.3 KitKat update. AT&T led the pack releasing the firmware to Samsung Galaxy S3 subscribers. Verizon has also followed rolling out the update. As with other Android updates, networks and tech manufacturers roll out the update in stages. Some users may have received the notification already with others still waiting. Other networks have yet to finish their rollout of the Android 4.4.2 on all their devices including the carriers mentioned.
The new Samsung Galaxy S5 smartphone (L), Gear 2 smartwatch (C) and Gear Fit fitness band are displayed at the Mobile World Congress in Barcelona February 23, 2014.
Like what was previously reported, the release of Android KitKat update made way for goodies such Hangouts SMS integration, immersive mode, Google printing and similar features. Users should also find a number of Galaxy S3 and S4 mini bug fixes according to the change-logs. However, based from previous reports about Nexus devices updated to Android 4.4.3, the firmware is also plagued with a number of bugs.
As for Verizon and Samsung, Android reported that people should expect specific tweaks from the other companies like the ISIS Wallet for Galaxy S3 and Knox 2.0 support. Some users can take a few days to receive the notification. Carriers have only started rolling out to Galaxy devices last June 19 according to reports.
According to a report by Ecumenical news, some networks or carriers may roll out the Android 4.4.3 update to Samsung Galaxy S5 this June. However, Samsung Galaxy S4 devices may have to wait until July to get the firmware as Android 4.4.2 release has not been completed yet. According to Android Geeks, the following models are in line to receive the latest KitKat firmware: Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F (G900FXXUOBNE6) and SM-G900H (G900HXXUOBNE3) including Samsung Galaxy S4 GT-I9506 I9506XXUQDNE4. The report also noted that testing and integration for the models are in the final stages so update should be hitting Samsung handsets in no time.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs. OnePlus One—Specifications, Features, Release Date and Price Showdown
- Transfer News: Ron Vlaar to Consider Villa Exit, May Move to Tottenham
- AS Roma's Seydou Keita Throws Water Bottle at Real Madrid defender Pepe for Spitting [VIDEO]
- The Mentalist Season 7 Spoilers: CBS Skips Simon Baker's Patrick Jane in Fall Schedule, Josie Loren Joins Cast
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Update: Maisie Williams Talks Arya Stark, Lady Stoneheart, and Surprises
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona, Man Utd to Compete for Juan Cuadrado's Signature as Fiorentina Reveal Willingness to Sell