Kim Kardashian Admits Being Strict with Baby North Amidst Furor Over Baby's Pierced Ears
By Annie Dee | June 20, 2014 7:48 PM EST
Now that North is officially a year old, Kim Kardashian has shared that the first year of taking care of Baby North has made her realise how strict of a parent she is. She is now more well-versed with her parenting style and she thinks she is quite strict with baby Nori, Mail Online reports. Despite being a strict mom however, Radar Online reports that Kim Kardashian knows it is not right to devote all her time to her husband and daughter as well as to her rigorous job as a reality star that she forgets to have time for herself. She also do not mind that people are criticizing her for giving Baby North pierced ears on her birthday.
Kanye West and Kim Kardashian arrive at the Metropolitan Museum of Art Costume Institute Gala Benefit celebrating the opening of "Charles James: Beyond Fashion" in Upper Manhattan, New York May 5,
"I am a strict mother," the newly-wed mother revealed to MailOnline at an event in Cannes, France. "I'm really fun and playful, but I'm really strict on nap time, and sleeping in her own crib," she says.
"And maybe on weekends, she [can] come and sleep in the bed with us. But ... I'm not crazy strict."
Despite being a fabulous parent, Kim does not plan to devote all her time to her baby or even to her work, because she thinks it is unhealthy. She rather have a sense of balance and have some time for herself, Radar Online reports.
"To prioritise is really important and you have to be an organized person to get it all done and make sure you have enough time for everyone - for my husband and my baby and for work; it's that simple, to prioritize and make some time for yourself," Kim tells Radar Online.
"So I make sure I do take time for myself: I have lunches with my girlfriends, and do things that are important. Sometimes I see a lot of my friends just get taken over by their kids and their life, and that's great, but if you don't spend a little bit of time - whether it's two hours a day, or one day a week to visit with your friends ... it really helps a lot," Kim adds.
When asked by Radar Online what she wants her baby to be in the future, or if she has an agenda panned out for Baby North, Kim said, "She's just turned one! I haven't thought too much more," she says. "I'm pretty good about living in the moment."
While Kim Kardashian may think she is a strict mom, critics are claiming that Kim is an unfit parent because she and Kanye presented Baby Nori diamond earrings and got the baby's ears pierced on her first birthday, Mail Online reports. In other cultures, this is hardly a big deal. But in America, which is Kim's country, this has snowballed into a big issue.
Kim does not care about the furore she has caused. On Instagram, she has posted a picture of Kanye West and baby Nori sleeping, gushing about her baby's magical day to the world as well as wishing her husband "Happy Father's Day."
The E! reality star posted, "This is what life is about! Our baby girl turned 1 today! We played so hard they passed out while we were watching the game! Happy Father's Day to the best daddy in the world!
'The way you love our daughter and protect her makes me filled with so much love! #BestDayEver #Twins #HappyFathersDay #HappyBirthday."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko