World Cup News: Chelsea Boss Unconvinced with Germany Attacker's Scoring Barrage
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 20, 2014 7:31 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho remains unconvinced with Germany international Thomas Muller, in spite of the latter's fantastic display in front of goal since the 2010 World Cup.
Germany's Mueller celebrates scoring his team's third goal, his second goal for the match, against Portugal during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador
The 24-year-old won the Golden Boot in 2010 by tallying five, and looks to be on course to winning another after scoring a hat-trick against Portugal during their first game in Group G.
Mourinho believes that it was more of A Selecção's vulnerability at the back than the Bayern Munich standout's effectiveness that led to such a result.
"I would like to see Muller up against a compact defence," the Blues mentor told Yahoo Eurosport.
"That would test him. Portugal were far too week. There are plenty of teams at this World Cup who defend far better, are much tighter and better organised."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Roger Federer Starts Practicing On Clay For The Davis Cup Final
- Toni Nadal Says Roger Federer Is The Greatest Of All Time
- Chelsea FC: Thibaut Courtois Thanks Cech For Tips Following Injury Scare, Not Ready To Relinquish No. 1 Spot
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chilling: New ISIS Video Addresses Australia; Aussie Teen Delivers Message
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Xiaomi Mi4 And MiPad Prices Likely Slashed, Thanks To Rivals Oppo, OnePlus And Meizu
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia