World Cup News: Chelsea Boss Unconvinced with Germany Attacker's Scoring Barrage
By Mark Wayne Eubank | June 20, 2014 7:31 PM EST
Chelsea boss Jose Mourinho remains unconvinced with Germany international Thomas Muller, in spite of the latter's fantastic display in front of goal since the 2010 World Cup.
Germany's Mueller celebrates scoring his team's third goal, his second goal for the match, against Portugal during their 2014 World Cup Group G soccer match at the Fonte Nova arena in Salvador
The 24-year-old won the Golden Boot in 2010 by tallying five, and looks to be on course to winning another after scoring a hat-trick against Portugal during their first game in Group G.
Mourinho believes that it was more of A Selecção's vulnerability at the back than the Bayern Munich standout's effectiveness that led to such a result.
"I would like to see Muller up against a compact defence," the Blues mentor told Yahoo Eurosport.
"That would test him. Portugal were far too week. There are plenty of teams at this World Cup who defend far better, are much tighter and better organised."
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Manny Pacquiao Has Got Chris Algieri Fight All Figured Out
- New York Knicks Vs. Cleveland Cavaliers Live Streaming Info, Preview And Betting Odds
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
- Los Angeles Lakers Suffer Second Straight Loss, Phoenix Suns Deal Kobe Bryant Another Blowout Defeat, 119-99
- Rafael Nadal To Kick Off 2015 Season At The Mubadala World Tennis Championship, Undergoes Knee Treatment Prior Appendectomy
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2