Vampire Diaries Season 6 Speculations: Damon Salvatore to Return as a Human like Tyler
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 20, 2014 7:18 PM EST
When "The Vampire Diaries" returns with Season 6, there will be a reset following the events that happened in the finale of Season 5. Damon Salvatore (Ian Somerhalder) vanished with Bonnie Bennett (Kat Graham) after the Other Side collapsed in the finale but it has been confirmed the two TVD characters will still return with the reset possibly affecting them.
Actor Ian Somerhalder arrives at the 2014 People's Choice Awards in Los Angeles, California January 8, 2014.
Teen Wolf Season 4 Spoilers: Araya Tortures Scott to Get Information on Derek's Abductor and a Shapeshifter, Watch Sneak Peek Video for Episode 1 'The Dark Moon'
Elly Oh: The Voice Australia Contestant Reveals Rejection in Becoming a K-Pop Star, Instructed to 'Fix' Her Face
"The way we look at it, Season 6 is a beautiful and organic reset. The theme of the season is everybody gets to start over. That's what we're going to do," TVD executive producer Julie Plec teased. The Wet Paint report speculates the "organic reset" on Damon could mean he will come back as a human being just like Tyler Lockwood (Michael Trevino).
The speculation report noted down how Grams (Jasmine Guy) revealed the deal that she made in order for Bonnie the Anchor to retain her life when the Other Side collapsed and Damon appears to be linked to that loophole. Damon's human status in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 would be an interesting storyline for the character but it will remind the fans of what happened to Katherine Pierce (Nina Dobrev) after Elena Gilbert (Nina Dobrev) shoved the cure in her mouth and told her to have a nice life.
Katherine started to age so if Damon becomes human, he will experience the same things that the Petrova doppelganger encountered. However, TVD cast member Kayla Ewell, who portrayed Matt's (Zach Roerig) sister Vicki, teased in the PopSugar interview that in a show like "The Vampire Diaries" one could never know what will really happen.
"You can die or they can cancel the show at any moment. You just never know. And that's the thing about a supernatural show: things can happen. Anything can happen, which I think that's why the fans continue to watch after so many years and I think we have the best fans," the 28-year-old actress shared while attending the Children Mending Hearts fundraiser in Los Angeles.
When asked about her last appearance in "The Vampire Diaries" Season 5, Kayla Ewell described it to be a cool moment because it involves her character's relationship with her brother Matt. "There's always been such a wonderful relationship between Matt and Vicki, so to show up and kind of be that loving sister again has been such an honor," the actress revealed.
Filming for "The Vampire Diaries" Season 6 is scheduled to kick off in July 2014 while the premiere of the CW Network's hit TV series will be in October 2014.
More Articles to Read:
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Actor Michael Trevino Talks about Tyler's Future as a Human, the Werewolf Gene and Relationship with Caroline - [READ]
'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Enzo to be a Loose Cannon in New Season, Executive Producer Caroline Dries Talks about TVD Characters - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 24-26, 2014: The Forresters, Logans And Spencers Will Celebrate Thanksgiving Day At The Forrester Mansion
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced