Kate Upton Stars in Lady Antebellum’s New Music Vid
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 20, 2014 6:33 PM EST
Supermodel Kate Upton has starred in Lady Antebellum's latest single "Bartender." The music video made its debut on YouTube on June 19.
The video starts with Upton, who seemed to be in deep thought, in a room. She then heads on to the bar where she met with band member Hillary Scott and a few of her gal pals. The other band members, Dave Haywood and Charles Kelly, joined them later on. Upton challenges the bartender, played by "Arrested Development" and "VEEP" star Tony Hale for a drink-off contest, in which the Sports Illustrated model later won. The video was directed by Shane Drake and shot in Los Angeles in May.
Actress and model Kate Upton poses for photographers as she arrives for the UK Gala screening of The Other Woman in London April 2, 2014.
According to Kelley, Upton and Hale's appearances have put the music video in a "really cool place." "I mean, pretty much every guy in America is in love with Kate Upton." He said they also fancies Hale's hilarious antics.
The song features an uptempo music about a woman who goes on a dancing and drinking spree to forget the pain brought about by a recent breakup.
Speaking to the Tennesean, Scott said that she likes the message of the song. "She's just going out with her friends and having a night out to forget about what this dude just did to her." She said that she likes the idea that the woman described in the song is getting over a heartbreak in a "fun way."
Kelley, on the other hand, said that it's cool to have a "fun track" even though the lyrics are "a little darker."
"It's definitely a head bobber, but then you kind of listen and you're like, 'Man, this girl is talking about literally drinking the pain away."
The song will be included in the band's upcoming fifth album which is due to be released later in 2014, but it is already available for digital download.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Dionesian ‘Hex’: Pacquiao’s Secret Weapon Behind His 8 Titles
- Manny Pacquiao vs. Chris Algieri Betting Odds: American Knockout Of Filipino Pays $10,000 From A $100 Bet
- Arum Says Pacquiao's Victory vs Algieri May Cause Mayweather To Say ‘No’ To Dream Match
- Brooklyn Nets Agree to Grant Andrei Kirilenko Indefinite Leave of Absence
- Freddie Roach Asks Manny Pacquiao Not To Beat Up Algieri Too Badly So Mayweather Will Not Be Scared And Agree To Super Fight
- Apple and Google Engage in Thermonuclear War, New Google Translate Chat App in the Works
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- More Nexus 6 Problems Arise with Android 5.0 Lollipop, Poor Benchmark Results and Other Issues
- Update Samsung Galaxy S5 to Android 4.4.4 KitKat, Sprint Release and Installation
- HTC One M8 Android 5.0 Lollipop Release Delayed: Other Schedule and Installation Guide
- Israel''s Al Aqsa and East Jerusalem Issues Threatening Its Multi Billion Gas Deal With Jordan
- Australia Ranks 11th In World Ultra Wealth Report As 175 Aussies Amass $440B In 2013