Kate Upton Stars in Lady Antebellum’s New Music Vid
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 20, 2014 6:33 PM EST
Supermodel Kate Upton has starred in Lady Antebellum's latest single "Bartender." The music video made its debut on YouTube on June 19.
The video starts with Upton, who seemed to be in deep thought, in a room. She then heads on to the bar where she met with band member Hillary Scott and a few of her gal pals. The other band members, Dave Haywood and Charles Kelly, joined them later on. Upton challenges the bartender, played by "Arrested Development" and "VEEP" star Tony Hale for a drink-off contest, in which the Sports Illustrated model later won. The video was directed by Shane Drake and shot in Los Angeles in May.
Actress and model Kate Upton poses for photographers as she arrives for the UK Gala screening of The Other Woman in London April 2, 2014.
According to Kelley, Upton and Hale's appearances have put the music video in a "really cool place." "I mean, pretty much every guy in America is in love with Kate Upton." He said they also fancies Hale's hilarious antics.
The song features an uptempo music about a woman who goes on a dancing and drinking spree to forget the pain brought about by a recent breakup.
Speaking to the Tennesean, Scott said that she likes the message of the song. "She's just going out with her friends and having a night out to forget about what this dude just did to her." She said that she likes the idea that the woman described in the song is getting over a heartbreak in a "fun way."
Kelley, on the other hand, said that it's cool to have a "fun track" even though the lyrics are "a little darker."
"It's definitely a head bobber, but then you kind of listen and you're like, 'Man, this girl is talking about literally drinking the pain away."
The song will be included in the band's upcoming fifth album which is due to be released later in 2014, but it is already available for digital download.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Freddie Roach Provoking ‘Washed-Up’ Floyd Mayweather Jr., Says Manny Pacquiao Will KO Undefeated American
- Sharapova, Halep, Ivanovic, Wozniacki, Kvitova, Radwanska, Kerber Make Early Commitment To Stuttgart Open
- ‘Floyd Rhymes With Avoid,’ Says Manny Pacquiao
- 2014 Dancing With The Stars Australia: Former AFL Star David Rodan Declared Winner
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- '$2,000 For Sex'—Pleads Unlucky-in-Love Guy On OKCupid