Kate Upton Stars in Lady Antebellum’s New Music Vid
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 20, 2014 6:33 PM EST
Supermodel Kate Upton has starred in Lady Antebellum's latest single "Bartender." The music video made its debut on YouTube on June 19.
The video starts with Upton, who seemed to be in deep thought, in a room. She then heads on to the bar where she met with band member Hillary Scott and a few of her gal pals. The other band members, Dave Haywood and Charles Kelly, joined them later on. Upton challenges the bartender, played by "Arrested Development" and "VEEP" star Tony Hale for a drink-off contest, in which the Sports Illustrated model later won. The video was directed by Shane Drake and shot in Los Angeles in May.
Actress and model Kate Upton poses for photographers as she arrives for the UK Gala screening of The Other Woman in London April 2, 2014.
According to Kelley, Upton and Hale's appearances have put the music video in a "really cool place." "I mean, pretty much every guy in America is in love with Kate Upton." He said they also fancies Hale's hilarious antics.
The song features an uptempo music about a woman who goes on a dancing and drinking spree to forget the pain brought about by a recent breakup.
Speaking to the Tennesean, Scott said that she likes the message of the song. "She's just going out with her friends and having a night out to forget about what this dude just did to her." She said that she likes the idea that the woman described in the song is getting over a heartbreak in a "fun way."
Kelley, on the other hand, said that it's cool to have a "fun track" even though the lyrics are "a little darker."
"It's definitely a head bobber, but then you kind of listen and you're like, 'Man, this girl is talking about literally drinking the pain away."
The song will be included in the band's upcoming fifth album which is due to be released later in 2014, but it is already available for digital download.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Roger Federer Tops Forbes’ List of Most Financially Valuable Athlete; Maria Sharapova and Li Na Also Make the Cut
- Eugenie Bouchard Fires Warning To Serena Williams; She Wants No.1 Ranking
- Transfer News: Real Madrid Unveil Galactico James Rodriguez [PHOTOS]
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales