From a Wizard to a Hunchback: Daniel Radcliffe to Star in Victor Frankenstein as Igor
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 20, 2014 6:16 PM EST
"Harry Potter" star Daniel Radcliffe will be shifting from the favorite Hogwarts wizard to a hunchback on the big screen in 20th Century Fox's upcoming take on the Mary Shelley classic novel "Frankenstein." It has been recently announced that the film will have the new title "Victor Frankenstein" which gives emphasis to the Frankenstein man and not the monster that he became.
Cast members Daniel Radcliffe (C), Rupert Grint (L) and Emma Watson from the movie "Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix" leave their hand prints in cement at the Chinese theatre in Hollywood, California, July 9, 2007.
Teen Wolf Season 4 Spoilers: Araya Tortures Scott to Get Information on Derek's Abductor and a Shapeshifter, Watch Sneak Peek Video for Episode 1 'The Dark Moon'
According to the Entertainment Weekly report, the 24-year-old "Harry Potter" actor will be portraying the hunchbacked lab assistant named Igor in "Victor Frankenstein" opposite "X-Men" star James McAvoy who will portray the titular character Victor Von Frankenstein. Based on the recently released film synopsis, the upcoming film appears to be a prequel.
The film's official synopsis in the Hit Fix report reads: "James McAvoy is Victor Von Frankenstein and Daniel Radcliffe stars as Igor in a unique, never-before-seen twist on Mary Shelley's classic 19th century novel. Told from Igor's perspective, we see the troubled young assistant's dark origins, his redemptive friendship with the young medical student Victor Von Frankenstein, and become eyewitnesses to the emergence of how Frankenstein became the man-and the legend-we know today."
The Empire Online report noted down that the character was not mentioned in Mary Shelley's novel and Universal created Igor for the "Frankenstein" film franchise back in the 1930s. Igor started out as a disabled blacksmith in "Son of Frankenstein" and then had his brain transplanted into the monster in "Ghost of Frankenstein."
Additionally, Universal Studios has been developing as well new takes on the classic monster characters that include Frankenstein. Robert Orci was reported to produce the series of "shared universe" films with Guillermo Del Toro also linked to the project. However, the latest reports claim the actor is no longer likely to appear in the project.
Joining Daniel Radcliffe and James McAvoy in the "Victor Frankenstein" film cast members are "Downton Abbey" actress Jessica Brown and "Sherlock" stars Mark Gatiss and Andrew Scott. "Wicker Park" director Paul McGuigan will be working on the film with the script written by Max Landis. "Victor Frankenstein" is scheduled to arrive in movie theaters on October 2, 2015.
More Articles to Read:
Couple News: Emma Stone and Andrew Garfield Use Paparazzi Again to Raise Awareness on Charities - [READ]
Mark Ruffalo: Avengers 2 Star Tease about Marvel Considering Standalone Hulk Film - [READ]
Sebastian Roché: 'The Originals' and 'The Vampire Diaries' Actor Marries Actress Alicia Hannah Kim in France - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7'—5 Villains To Feature In The Movie, According To Reported Leaks [Spoilers]
- Rihanna Nude Photos Leaked – The Fappening 2: Second Wave Of Celebrities Nude Pictures Leak on 4chan And Reddit
- 'Castle' Season 7 Spoilers: Stana Katic's Kate Beckett, NYPD To Discover The Real Rick Castle
- 'Under The Dome' Season 2 Finale Spoilers: An Exit Route Appears But Not Everyone Gets Out Alive, 'Under The Dome' Season 3 Update [VIDEO]
- Bruce Jenner Sex Change Reports Resurface As He Shaves His Leg, Behaves Feminine Inside A Coffee Shop
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Purported Xiaomi Redmi Note Successor Powered With Monstrous Processor Under Wraps, Will Take On Meizu MX4