Lady Gaga Do What U Want Unreleased MV Tagged As Ad for Rape With Alleged Sexual Predators
By Ryan Inoyori | June 20, 2014 6:04 PM EST
Lady Gaga and R. Kelly joined together in the 'Do What U Want' music video directed by Terry Richardson. However, the video earned negative comments and dubbed as an "ad for rape", due to explicit content and people who are alleged sexual predators.
Do What U Want
Singer and songwriter Lady Gaga joins with R. Kelly in a controversial music video titled "Do What U Want" which was directed by Terry Richardson. "Do What U Want" was not released officially and only the 30-second video leak survived at YouTube.
Lady scrapped the music video release due to time constraints and "those who have betrayed me" which also let her avoid incoming bullets of controversy related to the video clip.
According the Page Six, the video plays with R. Kelly as a doctor and Lady Gaga as his patient that riff on her real-life hip injury last year. Conversations exchanged between by the singers brought controversies.
"Will I ever be able to walk again?" Gaga asked Kelly.
"Yes, if you let me do whatever I want with your body. I'm putting you under, and when you wake up, you're going to be pregnant," Kelly replied.
TMZ claims that viewers can actually see Kelly reach under a sheet as Gaga moans.
"Do What U Want" was filmed in September last year and scheduled for December release but after several weeks of delay, it was completely scrapped off. Sources of Page Six claimed that Gaga posted an angry message revealing two major reasons of the cancellation - bad management and tight schedule.
However, it seems like other factors have affected the official release of the music video. It includes accusations of sexual misconduct on set by several models to Richardson and an online petition asking big brands to stop hiring him at change.org. In a New York magazine cover story, Richardson denies the allegations against him.
Due to the explicit nature of the music video and controversial allegations of the people behind the MV, negative image arose.
"Gaga had a video directed by an alleged sexual predator, starring another sexual predator. With the theme 'I'm going to do whatever I want with your body'? It was literally an ad for rape," a source told Page Six.
Back in December 2013, Kelly faced the backlash of accusations from an in-depth interview of Village Voice's Jessica Hopper to Jim DeRogatis in which he described as "stomach-churning" sexual assault suits against Kelly in the 90s.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Grey's Anatomy Season 11 Spoilers: Calzona Still on Shaky Ground, April's Baby Bump Gets Real, Karev vs Bailey Anticipated
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools