‘White Collar’ Matt Bomer’s Emotional Normal Heart Winning Moment [PHOTOS]
June 20, 2014 5:04 PM EST
‘White Collar’ Matt Bomer’s Emotional Normal Heart Winning Moment
Matt Bomer became emotional after winning the best supporting actor in a movie or a mini-series award at Critics' Choice Television Awards 2014. He won the award for HBO's "The Normal Heart." The actor took a moment to compose himself before posing for the shutterbugs, with his award.
The "White Collar" actor has received raving reviews for his portrayal of Felix Turner, a gay reporter, in "The Normal Heart." Directed by Ryan Murphy and written by Larry Kramer, "The Normal Heart" is the adaptation of Tony Award-winning play, written by Kramer, of the same name. The film also stars Mark Ruffalo, Jim Parson, Taylor Kitsch, Alfred Molina, Joe Mantello, and Julia Roberts.
According to HBO's synopsis of the movie, "the drama tells the story of the onset of the HIV-AIDS crisis in New York City in the early 1980s, taking an unflinching look at the nation's sexual politics as gay activists and their allies in the medical community fight to expose the truth about the burgeoning epidemic to a city and nation in denial."
Bomer lost 40 pounds to play the role of Felix. In an interview with Vulture, the actor said that he related a lot to the character of Felix. The actor publically came out as gay almost two years ago. This year in April, the actor revealed that he secretly wed his partner Simon Halls in 2011, which is one year before publicly coming out. Bomer and Halls are parents to three kids, Henry, Walker and Kit.
Talking about how his kids reacted to his weight loss, Bomer said to E! Online that he and Halls "definitely prepared our kids really early on, before I even started losing weight," adding, "I spoke with a professional who told me how to relay it to them in language they could really understand, and they were great about it. Maybe it's a luxury of having all boys, who are like 'Yeah! Go!' You know, it's like they were my cheering squad."
"The Normal Heart" debuted on HBO on May 25, 2014.
Bomer is currently filming the final season of "White Collar" in New York. He plays the suave conman Neal Caffrey in the USA Network's show.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- ‘Jurassic World’ Director Teases New Image Featuring Chris Pratt In A Friendly Pose With A Raptor [Spoilers]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 10 Update: Air Date, Hints, Oliver Queen's Return Theories [Spoilers, Review]
- Bookmaker Suspends Bets on Queen Elizabeth II Christmas Day Abdication Announcement
- 'White Collar' Season 6, Episode 6 Spoiler: Matt Bomer's Neal Caffrey Dies In Finale Speculations, Mozzie Dies And 'Baby Neal' In Facebook Comments
- ‘The Voice’ Season 7 (2014) Finals/ Finale Results Recap: And The Winner Is… (Spoilers)