‘White Collar’ Matt Bomer’s Emotional Normal Heart Winning Moment [PHOTOS]
June 20, 2014 5:04 PM EST
‘White Collar’ Matt Bomer’s Emotional Normal Heart Winning Moment
Matt Bomer became emotional after winning the best supporting actor in a movie or a mini-series award at Critics' Choice Television Awards 2014. He won the award for HBO's "The Normal Heart." The actor took a moment to compose himself before posing for the shutterbugs, with his award.
The "White Collar" actor has received raving reviews for his portrayal of Felix Turner, a gay reporter, in "The Normal Heart." Directed by Ryan Murphy and written by Larry Kramer, "The Normal Heart" is the adaptation of Tony Award-winning play, written by Kramer, of the same name. The film also stars Mark Ruffalo, Jim Parson, Taylor Kitsch, Alfred Molina, Joe Mantello, and Julia Roberts.
According to HBO's synopsis of the movie, "the drama tells the story of the onset of the HIV-AIDS crisis in New York City in the early 1980s, taking an unflinching look at the nation's sexual politics as gay activists and their allies in the medical community fight to expose the truth about the burgeoning epidemic to a city and nation in denial."
Bomer lost 40 pounds to play the role of Felix. In an interview with Vulture, the actor said that he related a lot to the character of Felix. The actor publically came out as gay almost two years ago. This year in April, the actor revealed that he secretly wed his partner Simon Halls in 2011, which is one year before publicly coming out. Bomer and Halls are parents to three kids, Henry, Walker and Kit.
Talking about how his kids reacted to his weight loss, Bomer said to E! Online that he and Halls "definitely prepared our kids really early on, before I even started losing weight," adding, "I spoke with a professional who told me how to relay it to them in language they could really understand, and they were great about it. Maybe it's a luxury of having all boys, who are like 'Yeah! Go!' You know, it's like they were my cheering squad."
"The Normal Heart" debuted on HBO on May 25, 2014.
Bomer is currently filming the final season of "White Collar" in New York. He plays the suave conman Neal Caffrey in the USA Network's show.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 'Supernatural' Season 10 Spoilers: Sam Winchester vs. Crowley, Jared Padalecki Teases About His Character's Anger With Crowley
- Brad Pitt's Wedding Ring: Actor Spotted With A Gold Wedding Band After Secretly Getting Marriage to Angelina Jolie
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine
- Amazon Threatened by Google’s Partnership with Barnes and Noble