‘White Collar’ Matt Bomer’s Emotional Normal Heart Winning Moment [PHOTOS]
June 20, 2014 5:04 PM EST
‘White Collar’ Matt Bomer’s Emotional Normal Heart Winning Moment
Matt Bomer became emotional after winning the best supporting actor in a movie or a mini-series award at Critics' Choice Television Awards 2014. He won the award for HBO's "The Normal Heart." The actor took a moment to compose himself before posing for the shutterbugs, with his award.
The "White Collar" actor has received raving reviews for his portrayal of Felix Turner, a gay reporter, in "The Normal Heart." Directed by Ryan Murphy and written by Larry Kramer, "The Normal Heart" is the adaptation of Tony Award-winning play, written by Kramer, of the same name. The film also stars Mark Ruffalo, Jim Parson, Taylor Kitsch, Alfred Molina, Joe Mantello, and Julia Roberts.
According to HBO's synopsis of the movie, "the drama tells the story of the onset of the HIV-AIDS crisis in New York City in the early 1980s, taking an unflinching look at the nation's sexual politics as gay activists and their allies in the medical community fight to expose the truth about the burgeoning epidemic to a city and nation in denial."
Bomer lost 40 pounds to play the role of Felix. In an interview with Vulture, the actor said that he related a lot to the character of Felix. The actor publically came out as gay almost two years ago. This year in April, the actor revealed that he secretly wed his partner Simon Halls in 2011, which is one year before publicly coming out. Bomer and Halls are parents to three kids, Henry, Walker and Kit.
Talking about how his kids reacted to his weight loss, Bomer said to E! Online that he and Halls "definitely prepared our kids really early on, before I even started losing weight," adding, "I spoke with a professional who told me how to relay it to them in language they could really understand, and they were great about it. Maybe it's a luxury of having all boys, who are like 'Yeah! Go!' You know, it's like they were my cheering squad."
"The Normal Heart" debuted on HBO on May 25, 2014.
Bomer is currently filming the final season of "White Collar" in New York. He plays the suave conman Neal Caffrey in the USA Network's show.
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- NCIS Season 12 Spoilers: Fans Fear Cote de Pablo Not Coming Back, Tony DiNozzo Moving On from Ziva David
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- NVIDIA Shield Gaming Tablet with Tegra K1 SoC Reported to be Released on July 29