iPhone 6 New Features Rumoured to Include Temperature, Air Pressure, and Altitude Sensors
By Sachin Trivedi | June 20, 2014 4:42 PM EST
Tech enthusiasts eagerly waiting for the release date of the iPhone 6 may be excited to learn that the device may be featuring some new sensors. The sensors are rumoured to measure the temperature, air pressure and altitude.
The Apple logo is pictured at a retail store in the Marina neighborhood in San Francisco, California April 23, 2014. REUTERS/Robert Galbraith
The iPhone 6 may be an ideal device for the more adventurous Apple fans. If the reports are true, the device may be an ideal companion for people who go on treks and other adventurous activities. The feature could also make an exciting advertisement and promotional campaign to breathe more excitement in the market.
According to a report by 9to5Mac, iPhone 6 may feature a barometer which can measure temperature, air pressure and altitude. The Web site cites the options available in the new iOS 8 operating system, which can give the user the relevant information like the altitude.
According to the report a developer from FutureTap has confirmed that the new feature does not work on the current flagship smartphone from Apple - the iPhone 5S. The new feature will require a hardware upgrade, which is expected from the iPhone 6.
The other rumours suggest Apple launching two devices. The display screen on one device would be measuring 4.7 inches while the other would be 5.5 inches. The devices are tipped to feature a very slim bezel, to make the handling of the big screened device easy.
Rumours also suggest that the device will get a specs upgrade for the camera. The camera is expected to get a boost from the current 8 MP to 10 MP. Although the mega pixels on the camera alone does not attest to the quality of the camera, some fans have been expecting a specs upgrade, especially with some of the competitors featuring 16 MP and 20 MP cameras on their smartphones.
The iPhone 6 is rumoured to be launching by end of September or early October 2014. Apple has traditionally chosen this time period to launch its new flagship smartphone. Tech enthusiasts are excited to see what new technologies will feature in the upcoming device.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones