TV Anchor Robbed While Making a Live Report Near Police Headquarters
By Sachin Trivedi | June 20, 2014 4:29 PM EST
A TV reporter got robbed while making a live report near the police headquarters in Oakland. The reporter was covering a story about a spate of car robberies and violent mugging in the area. The reporter is a resident of San Francisco, California.
In a series of tweets, Heather Holmes, a reporter who works for KTVU, expressed shock and outrage over her purse getting stolen. She was covering an incident of a violent mugging of a woman in the area. Her purse was kept in the live truck parked close by.
The thieves were able to get away with her bank cards and other valuables in her purse. Her bank cards were reportedly used 20 minutes after they were stolen. The cards have since been blocked and the thieves will not be able to use them. She has also changed her locks.
Heather Holmes said in a tweet that the important lesson learned from this incident is to be mindful of the surroundings. In another tweet she acknowledged that the incident pales in comparison to the woman who was attacked and robbed at the 48 Street and Shattuck. A passerby raised an alarm to scare off the attackers.
Credit cards now canceled. Locks changed. Lesson here... be aware of your surroundings at all times, including at police headquarters.
— Heather Holmes (@hholmesktvu) June 17, 2014
According to a tweet by Lt. Chris Bolton of the Oakland Police, they are focused on the recent spate of robberies in the area. The police have asked the help and co-operation of the people in the community to spread awareness and help identify the robbers. According to the official Web site of the Oakland Police, they already arrested two suspects for strong arm robbery. The robbery had taken place in 2000 block of E. 23 Street. The detailed description of the perpetrators is said to have led to the arrest.
In another tweet by Lt. Chris Bolton, an extra unit of the Oakland Police was at the scene of a reported burglary in 48 Street and Shattuck within one minute. The felony car was reportedly stopped nearby. According to Heather Holmes the Oakland Police had agreed to do more patrols in the area after the brutal robbery.
Extra #OaklandPolice unit in area of 48th & Shattuck is on-scene of reported burglary within 1 minute. Felony car stop nearby — Lt. Chris Bolton (@OPDChris) June 20, 2014
'Game of Thrones' Season 4 Finale - What The Show Did Not Tell You [Spoilers] [Read]
Terminator: Genesis - Arnold Hints at the Plot of the Movie [Read]
Jurassic World - Picture Shows the Shadow of a New Dinosaur [Plot Spoilers] [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kristen Stewart Moving On With Nicholas Hoult, Jennifer Lawrence Dating Chris Martin – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 9/11 Dust Cloud Most Likely Have Created Pregnancy Issues: Celebrities Who Posed Nude During Pregnancy
Join the Conversation
- ISIS Beheading US Journalist James Foley Sparks Outrage, Netizens Demand 'All-Out War'
- Immediate Deaths After Ice Bucket Challenge Are Hoaxes Gone Viral: Neck Injury And Hypothermia Killed Two People Performing The Stunt
- ISIS Update: Executioner of James Foley with British Accent Identified as ‘John’
- Human Barbie: Ukranian Teenager Lolita Richi Comes Out As A New Human Barbie, Possible Valeria Lukyanova Rival
- Kate Middleton Cried During Visit To London Tower With Prince William--- Reports
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- ISIS Posts Graphic Beheading Video of US Journalist James Foley
- iPhone 6 Release Date Remains On Course for Sept-Oct 2014 as Apple Delays iWatch Debut to 2015
- After James Foley, ISIL Threatens to Behead Another American Journalist Steven Sotloff