Skip The Sleeping Pills, Turn to Sleep-Inducing Food Items
June 20, 2014 4:25 PM EST
Skip The Sleeping Pills, Turn to Sleep Inducing Food Items
A good night's sleep is essential for a healthy living. It helps us restore our body and mind. More than 50 milion Americans are unable to get even the basix seven to eight hours of sleep at night. According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, sleep deprivation is likely to make us suffer from more chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
Qanta Ahmed, a sleep specialist at the Winthrop-University Hospital Sleep Disorders Center in Mineola, said, "Insomnia is a complex condition often causes by a number of factors. Addressing those factors often requires lifestyle and environmental changes."
Ever tried counting backwards or counting sheep to go to sleep. That's what our mothers used to tell us to do back in those good,old days. These days, lack of sleep is usually credited to technology as most people are hooked on their gadgets. A mere vibration from the phone, or an email notification, is enough to forego one's sleep.
A lot of people turn to sleeping pills, which in some cases turn out to do more harm to the body than good. Here is a list of food items that contain natural elements that can put one to sleep. These food items need to be consumed two or three hours before sleeping.
Apart from food items to put you to sleep, even your surroundings play a huge role in making you go to sleep. Wearing pajamas to bed, making your room dark, using a soft and comfortable pillow and using breathable linens, all play a very important role in having a good, healthy sleep.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- WHO Races to Release Ebola Serum in 2 Weeks, Vaccines in January
- Canadian Ebola Drug: Tekmira Firm Starts Limited Manufacturing of Vaccine, Available By December; Shares Up
- Final 2014 Solar Eclipse: When And How To Safely View It Plus Where To Watch Online Via Live Stream
- Britons Advised to Brace for Strong Hurricane Gonzalo Bearing Winds Up to 75mph; Affects Flights, Train Services
- MH370 Search Update: Australian Scientist Has Reportedly Found A Solution To The Mystery Of Missing Malaysia Airlines Jet
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28