Skip The Sleeping Pills, Turn to Sleep-Inducing Food Items
June 20, 2014 4:25 PM EST
Skip The Sleeping Pills, Turn to Sleep Inducing Food Items
A good night's sleep is essential for a healthy living. It helps us restore our body and mind. More than 50 milion Americans are unable to get even the basix seven to eight hours of sleep at night. According to the Centre for Disease Control and Prevention, sleep deprivation is likely to make us suffer from more chronic diseases such as cancer and heart disease.
Qanta Ahmed, a sleep specialist at the Winthrop-University Hospital Sleep Disorders Center in Mineola, said, "Insomnia is a complex condition often causes by a number of factors. Addressing those factors often requires lifestyle and environmental changes."
Ever tried counting backwards or counting sheep to go to sleep. That's what our mothers used to tell us to do back in those good,old days. These days, lack of sleep is usually credited to technology as most people are hooked on their gadgets. A mere vibration from the phone, or an email notification, is enough to forego one's sleep.
A lot of people turn to sleeping pills, which in some cases turn out to do more harm to the body than good. Here is a list of food items that contain natural elements that can put one to sleep. These food items need to be consumed two or three hours before sleeping.
Apart from food items to put you to sleep, even your surroundings play a huge role in making you go to sleep. Wearing pajamas to bed, making your room dark, using a soft and comfortable pillow and using breathable linens, all play a very important role in having a good, healthy sleep.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Google Android Lion vs Apple iOS 8: Why Make the Big Switch
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. OnePlus One – Can The Underdog Trump The Monster?
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date