Ex-NBA Player Metta World Peace Gets Pranked Again on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ With Help From Amar’e Stoudemire [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | June 20, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Former New York Knicks player Metta World Peace got pranked, thanks to his teammate Amar’e Stoudemire’s help. The retired NBA star has called the cops on U.S. late night show host Jimmy Kimmel’s accomplice after he thought he was being held against his will in a limousine.
During the June 18 episode of the “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” show, the host enlisted the help of Amar’e to pull off a joke on the basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest.
In the clip, Amar’e asked Metta to give a speech on an animal charity that doesn’t exist. Metta was being picked up by a limo driver, who is just Jimmy’s cousin Sal in disguise.
“So you’re a basketball player? I’m sorry I don’t watch sports too much,” said Sal, who was playing a nosy and, basing on Metta’s reactions, annoying driver.
“No. A long time ago, but those days are gone,” Metta almost absentmindedly said, refusing to talk about his basketball days after being prodded.
“What do you call 12 millionaires around a TV watching the NBA playoffs,” Sal asked before answering his own joke, “The Lakers.”
Metta was clearly not amused, but just managed to give a fake chuckle, saying, “That’s true.”
Amar’e, who was listening to the conversation from another vehicle, chimed in, laughing, “The Knicks.”
He then had Sal tell Metta jokes about Donald Sterling and the Lakers. He also got him to play Mariachi music, which Metta apparently hates.
Sal asked him to sign a basketball ball for his daughter, but Metta just ignored him. The ex-player seemed to have had enough after a few minutes more of Sal’s nagging, and had asked Sal to pull over so he can get out.
The fake driver refused, prompting Metta to call the police on him. Sal eventually let him out, and Amar’e immediately appeared, asking him, “You gonna sign the basketball or what?”
Metta appeared to be a good sport, though, even hugging his former teammate back and vowing to “get this guy back,” referring to Jimmy.
That wasn’t the first time Jimmy pulled a prank on Metta.
In 2011 when Metta was still called Ron Artest, Jimmy’s team had Metta perform a fake public service announcement for animal welfare.
Watch the hilarious video here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Croatian Boxer Banned For Life From Sport After Vicious Attack On Polish Referee [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28