Ex-NBA Player Metta World Peace Gets Pranked Again on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ With Help From Amar’e Stoudemire [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | June 20, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Former New York Knicks player Metta World Peace got pranked, thanks to his teammate Amar’e Stoudemire’s help. The retired NBA star has called the cops on U.S. late night show host Jimmy Kimmel’s accomplice after he thought he was being held against his will in a limousine.
During the June 18 episode of the “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” show, the host enlisted the help of Amar’e to pull off a joke on the basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest.
In the clip, Amar’e asked Metta to give a speech on an animal charity that doesn’t exist. Metta was being picked up by a limo driver, who is just Jimmy’s cousin Sal in disguise.
“So you’re a basketball player? I’m sorry I don’t watch sports too much,” said Sal, who was playing a nosy and, basing on Metta’s reactions, annoying driver.
“No. A long time ago, but those days are gone,” Metta almost absentmindedly said, refusing to talk about his basketball days after being prodded.
“What do you call 12 millionaires around a TV watching the NBA playoffs,” Sal asked before answering his own joke, “The Lakers.”
Metta was clearly not amused, but just managed to give a fake chuckle, saying, “That’s true.”
Amar’e, who was listening to the conversation from another vehicle, chimed in, laughing, “The Knicks.”
He then had Sal tell Metta jokes about Donald Sterling and the Lakers. He also got him to play Mariachi music, which Metta apparently hates.
Sal asked him to sign a basketball ball for his daughter, but Metta just ignored him. The ex-player seemed to have had enough after a few minutes more of Sal’s nagging, and had asked Sal to pull over so he can get out.
The fake driver refused, prompting Metta to call the police on him. Sal eventually let him out, and Amar’e immediately appeared, asking him, “You gonna sign the basketball or what?”
Metta appeared to be a good sport, though, even hugging his former teammate back and vowing to “get this guy back,” referring to Jimmy.
That wasn’t the first time Jimmy pulled a prank on Metta.
In 2011 when Metta was still called Ron Artest, Jimmy’s team had Metta perform a fake public service announcement for animal welfare.
Watch the hilarious video here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- The Rock Reveals He And John Cena Nearly Fought Backstage [VIDEO]
- Maria Sharapova And Grigor Dimitrov Break Up News
- Manny Pacquiao Begins Training Sans Freddie Roach
- NFL Week 2: Kansas City Chiefs Vs. Denver Broncos Live Streaming Information And Preview
- Boxing News 2014: Showtime VP Favours Pacquiao As Mayweather’s Next Ring Opponent; Money May Insists Fight Should Be Over Showtime PPV Only
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Pregnant Kate Middleton May Call Off Malta Trip Due To Sickness: Royal Couple Will Move To Anmer Hall Residence
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date