Ex-NBA Player Metta World Peace Gets Pranked Again on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ With Help From Amar’e Stoudemire [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | June 20, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Former New York Knicks player Metta World Peace got pranked, thanks to his teammate Amar’e Stoudemire’s help. The retired NBA star has called the cops on U.S. late night show host Jimmy Kimmel’s accomplice after he thought he was being held against his will in a limousine.
During the June 18 episode of the “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” show, the host enlisted the help of Amar’e to pull off a joke on the basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest.
In the clip, Amar’e asked Metta to give a speech on an animal charity that doesn’t exist. Metta was being picked up by a limo driver, who is just Jimmy’s cousin Sal in disguise.
“So you’re a basketball player? I’m sorry I don’t watch sports too much,” said Sal, who was playing a nosy and, basing on Metta’s reactions, annoying driver.
“No. A long time ago, but those days are gone,” Metta almost absentmindedly said, refusing to talk about his basketball days after being prodded.
“What do you call 12 millionaires around a TV watching the NBA playoffs,” Sal asked before answering his own joke, “The Lakers.”
Metta was clearly not amused, but just managed to give a fake chuckle, saying, “That’s true.”
Amar’e, who was listening to the conversation from another vehicle, chimed in, laughing, “The Knicks.”
He then had Sal tell Metta jokes about Donald Sterling and the Lakers. He also got him to play Mariachi music, which Metta apparently hates.
Sal asked him to sign a basketball ball for his daughter, but Metta just ignored him. The ex-player seemed to have had enough after a few minutes more of Sal’s nagging, and had asked Sal to pull over so he can get out.
The fake driver refused, prompting Metta to call the police on him. Sal eventually let him out, and Amar’e immediately appeared, asking him, “You gonna sign the basketball or what?”
Metta appeared to be a good sport, though, even hugging his former teammate back and vowing to “get this guy back,” referring to Jimmy.
That wasn’t the first time Jimmy pulled a prank on Metta.
In 2011 when Metta was still called Ron Artest, Jimmy’s team had Metta perform a fake public service announcement for animal welfare.
Watch the hilarious video here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Athletics Schedule & Results
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]