Ex-NBA Player Metta World Peace Gets Pranked Again on ‘Jimmy Kimmel Live’ With Help From Amar’e Stoudemire [VIDEOS]
By Anne Lu | June 20, 2014 4:18 PM EST
Former New York Knicks player Metta World Peace got pranked, thanks to his teammate Amar’e Stoudemire’s help. The retired NBA star has called the cops on U.S. late night show host Jimmy Kimmel’s accomplice after he thought he was being held against his will in a limousine.
During the June 18 episode of the “Jimmy Kimmel Live!” show, the host enlisted the help of Amar’e to pull off a joke on the basketball player formerly known as Ron Artest.
In the clip, Amar’e asked Metta to give a speech on an animal charity that doesn’t exist. Metta was being picked up by a limo driver, who is just Jimmy’s cousin Sal in disguise.
“So you’re a basketball player? I’m sorry I don’t watch sports too much,” said Sal, who was playing a nosy and, basing on Metta’s reactions, annoying driver.
“No. A long time ago, but those days are gone,” Metta almost absentmindedly said, refusing to talk about his basketball days after being prodded.
“What do you call 12 millionaires around a TV watching the NBA playoffs,” Sal asked before answering his own joke, “The Lakers.”
Metta was clearly not amused, but just managed to give a fake chuckle, saying, “That’s true.”
Amar’e, who was listening to the conversation from another vehicle, chimed in, laughing, “The Knicks.”
He then had Sal tell Metta jokes about Donald Sterling and the Lakers. He also got him to play Mariachi music, which Metta apparently hates.
Sal asked him to sign a basketball ball for his daughter, but Metta just ignored him. The ex-player seemed to have had enough after a few minutes more of Sal’s nagging, and had asked Sal to pull over so he can get out.
The fake driver refused, prompting Metta to call the police on him. Sal eventually let him out, and Amar’e immediately appeared, asking him, “You gonna sign the basketball or what?”
Metta appeared to be a good sport, though, even hugging his former teammate back and vowing to “get this guy back,” referring to Jimmy.
That wasn’t the first time Jimmy pulled a prank on Metta.
In 2011 when Metta was still called Ron Artest, Jimmy’s team had Metta perform a fake public service announcement for animal welfare.
Watch the hilarious video here:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Getting Serious With Jennifer Lawrence, Actress Joining Coldplay Tour [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: Argentina vs. Philippines Preview, Starting Lineups
- UFC News: Rhonda Rousey To Avenge Teammates, Demands Bethe Correia
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Group B: Greece vs. Philippines Live Streaming Info, Betting Odds and Preview
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Turkey Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Grigor Dimitrov Shares Fashion Tips With Maria Sharapova
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen