Backlash Against Celebs' Babies: From Kim Karadashian's Ear Piercing of North West to Natural Hair of Beyonce’s Blue Ivy
By nidhi tewari | June 20, 2014 4:12 PM EST
What do baby Blue Ivy Carter and baby North West have in common? Apart from being blessed with famous parents (Beyone- Jay Z and Kim and Kanye respectively) and born with a silver spoon in mouth, the two little girls have also faced public backlash recently.
TV personality Kim Kardashian holds her baby in her arms as she shops in Paris May 20, 2014. U.S. television personality Kim Kardashian and rapper Kanye West will celebrate their wedding in Florence on May 24, an official from the mayor's office confirmed on Friday. REUTERS/Gonzalo Fuentes
More than 2000 People Petition Against Beyonce and Jay Z, Want Couple to Comb Daughter Blue Ivy's Unruly Hair
Beyonce's daughter Blue Ivy Carter has been criticized for having natural hair and not combing them. The criticism has gone to such an extent that there has been a petition called "Comb Blue Ivy's Hair." North West has faced criticism after mommy Kim Kardashian decided to get her ears pierced as a mark of celebrating her first birthday. The act has been called "cruel and tacky" by many critics on social media.
A New York based individual has come up with a distasteful petition on Change.org which urges Beyoncé and Jay Z to "properly care" for their 2-year-old daughter's hair. The petitioner has gone to the extent of posting a picture of the toddler where she is seen with her naturally curly hairstyle. Surprisingly, the petition has gained more than 5000 supporters till date. Read more on the petition here.
When artist India Arie heard about this petition against a baby, she expressed her anger publically with an open letter on Twitter. "Why does ANYone get the idea that it's ok to make fun of a child?" the "Cocoa Butter" singer expressed her anguish on Twitter.
India went on to say that it is not right for people to think that celebrities are "not real" since one sees them on television. One should not humiliate any celebrity child on public, the singer urged in her open post.
"Blue Ivy-is a CHILD," India said adding that it is not right to deny any person their humanity.
Meanwhile new bride Kim Kardashian too suffered severe backlash on public when she got her daughter's ears pierced, which is a common culture followed by many countries. The reality television star was pictured with her daughter wearing diamond studs on her first birthday on June 15. Read more about it here.
The critics, including famous television personality Katie Hopkins, not only called North West "ugly" but also criticised Kim's decision.
"North West. If there's one thing worse than an ugly baby, it's an ugly baby with pierced ears," wrote television personality Katie Hopkins with a picture of North on Twitter page. Check out the controversial tweet here.
There are critics who believe that a child's ears should only be pierced when she is old enough to understand it and make the decision herself. "Kim Kardashian has pierced her one-year-old's ears? That's cruel AND tacky," wrote another critic Katy Brent on Twitter.
Meanwhile Kim Kardashian is yet to respond to this public backlash against her decision.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
- Kendall Jenner Could Be Next Victoria's Secret Angel [PHOTOS]
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- ‘American Horror Story’ Season 4 ‘Freak Show’ Update: Skyler Samuels Roped In To Play Pivotal Role, Extended Teaser Released [VIDEO]
- ‘Grey’s Anatomy’ Season 11 Premiere (Episode 1) Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘I Must Have Lost It On The Wind'
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Micromax Canvas A1 Vs Spice Dream Uno Vs Karbonn Sparkle V: A Choice On Which Android Is The Best
- Australian Liberals Urge Expat Kiwis To Favour John Key In New Zealand Election