Google Nexus 6 Android Smartphone Spotted through Official Android Tweet and Developer Site
By Precious Silva | June 20, 2014 3:33 PM EST
Google's Nexus 6 has created quite a buzz drawing out more predictions and speculations as Google remains tight-lipped about the device and other upcoming products. Whereas there have been reports suggesting that Google have killed Nexus 6 line in place of the Nexus 8, new information suggests the line is not entirely dead. Google may be planning on picking up the Nexus 6 pieces in preparation for its Android Silver smartphone line.
The new Nexus 7 tablet is demonstrated during a Google event at Dogpatch Studio in San Francisco, California, July 24, 2013.
Android's official twitter handle posted a photo of a mysterious handset. The promotional tweet displays an unknown device showing a grocery shopping list. The handset appears to have the usual features of the Nexus line including a thin bezel. Some analysts think that it may not entirely be the Nexus line but an Android Silver smartphone intended to replace the Nexus program.
Regardless of the handset's line, the image does show a new feature allowing Chrome to look for recipes and letting users incorporate that to a checklist. According to Droid Life, the feature allows people via the More tab under the search result options.
While there have been reports about the Nexus 6 line being killed, German developers Florian Kiersch and Carsten Knobloch saw the Nexus 6 device listed under the Chromium Review Code. According to Know Your Mobile, while it is true that Google will be killing the Nexus line, it might be gearing up for one more iteration. Despite the details scarce from the listing, it does prove the unit exists.
Last May, @evleaks already hinted about Google's Android Silver plans. According to the tipster's tweet, Google will be saying farewell to the Nexus 6. Google has yet to make an official announcement about whether Nexus 6 is coming or another Silver Android smartphone is in the works.
Reported specs of the Nexus 6 include quad-core MT6732 64-bit chip clocked at 1.5GHz or an octa-core MT6752 SoC clocked at 2.0GHz. It also appears that LG will not be in line for the production of the device if Google decides to push through with it. According to LG's Communications Director (via draadbreuk.nl): "I know at least not yet. Normally, we were informed."
"Hat can mean two things. Either I got ignored, or we simply won't be making [the Nexus 6]."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT latest_id FROM site_artdata WHERE type='ib_articles_day2ago' Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT tid as num FROM biztimes_stats.stats_articles_au_pop WHERE maincat_id='6' AND outkey='Y' AND tid> ORDER BY hits DESC LIMIT 15Lost connection to MySQL server at 'reading initial communication packet', system error: 111SELECT article_id as num FROM ib_categories_index WHERE tid=6 ORDER BY article_id DESC LIMIT 5
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Shifts Blame On US For Ukraine Crisis, Putin Accuses West of 'Remaking World'
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine