After Dissing Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus Comes to the Defence of Justin Bieber: Says He Should be Allowed to Grow
By nidhi tewari | June 20, 2014 3:10 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has dissed Selena Gomez in one of her recent concerts, but when it comes to defending Selena's boyfriend and her good friend Justin Bieber publicly, she never hesitates. In her latest interview, the "Wrecking Ball" songstress said that her pal Justin Bieber should be allowed to mature on his time and media should not exploit him by reporting all his moves.
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs at the O2 Arena in central London May 6, 2014.
"I think people should have time to grow up and figure out who they are," Miley revealed to Richard Wilkins on Thursday morning's Today Show, according to Daily Mail. According to Miley, young age is meant to be explored and everyone goes through this awkward phase where they are not so "proud" of their actions at this stage. Justin too is going through the same phase in his life, revealed the singer who herself is a subject of many controversies.
"I think people need to sit and think of the times in their lives they were not proud of who they were," Miley revealed. .
"Imagine if that was completely exploited and everyone had their opinions," she added. For a change Miley was dressed quite conservatively wearing black denims, gold jacket over a black top. Check out her picture here.
Justin Bieber has been a subject of controversies quite a lot of times. More recently the "Baby" singer was caught on video using the racial word "n-ggar". Justin was criticized on social media and later issued a public apology.
"I'm very sorry. I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and apologise for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again," Justin said in an issued statement.
Justin has also had her stint with law last year when he was caught drag racing in Miami. The singer was taken in police custody as he was not only involved in drag racing but was also driving without license and tested positive for marijuana.
Though Miley has also been embroiled in various controversies like posing nude for various magazines and showing off ample skin during her concerts, the singer has somehow avoided any stint with law. She wants people to understand that Justin's controversial phase is just a part of growing up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 1, 2014: Hope Reveals Something To Wyatt And Katie Almost Loses A Loved One [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'The Bachelor Australia' Season 2 Preview: Someone Drops The L Bomb, Marriage Proposal In Season Finale
- “American Horror Story” Season 4 Spoilers: Emma Roberts' Maggie And Evan Peters’ Jimmy Darling To Be In A Romantic Relationship
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5: Human Flesh Burgers Unveiled To Celebrate TWD’s New Season
- George Clooney Divorced Talia Balsam Years Before Getting Married to Amal Alamuddin: Know About Clooney's Ex Wife
- Apple iPhone 6 vs. OnePlus One: With Invitation-Only Model Rested, OnePlus One Can Be A Real Threat To iPhone 6
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build
- Samsung Aware Of Gap Issue On Galaxy Note 4, Mentions It As Important Manufacturing Feature In Note 4 User Manual
- Airstrikes Against ISIS Has Claimed Innocent Lives In Syria, Dubbed ‘Ineffective’ By Jihadi Fighters, US Military To Ask For More Spending Money
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots