After Dissing Selena Gomez, Miley Cyrus Comes to the Defence of Justin Bieber: Says He Should be Allowed to Grow
By nidhi tewari | June 20, 2014 3:10 PM EST
Miley Cyrus has dissed Selena Gomez in one of her recent concerts, but when it comes to defending Selena's boyfriend and her good friend Justin Bieber publicly, she never hesitates. In her latest interview, the "Wrecking Ball" songstress said that her pal Justin Bieber should be allowed to mature on his time and media should not exploit him by reporting all his moves.
U.S. singer Miley Cyrus performs at the O2 Arena in central London May 6, 2014.
"I think people should have time to grow up and figure out who they are," Miley revealed to Richard Wilkins on Thursday morning's Today Show, according to Daily Mail. According to Miley, young age is meant to be explored and everyone goes through this awkward phase where they are not so "proud" of their actions at this stage. Justin too is going through the same phase in his life, revealed the singer who herself is a subject of many controversies.
"I think people need to sit and think of the times in their lives they were not proud of who they were," Miley revealed. .
"Imagine if that was completely exploited and everyone had their opinions," she added. For a change Miley was dressed quite conservatively wearing black denims, gold jacket over a black top. Check out her picture here.
Justin Bieber has been a subject of controversies quite a lot of times. More recently the "Baby" singer was caught on video using the racial word "n-ggar". Justin was criticized on social media and later issued a public apology.
"I'm very sorry. I take my friendships with people of all cultures very seriously and apologise for offending or hurting anyone with my childish and inexcusable mistake. I was a kid then and I am a man now who knows my responsibility to the world and to not make that mistake again," Justin said in an issued statement.
Justin has also had her stint with law last year when he was caught drag racing in Miami. The singer was taken in police custody as he was not only involved in drag racing but was also driving without license and tested positive for marijuana.
Though Miley has also been embroiled in various controversies like posing nude for various magazines and showing off ample skin during her concerts, the singer has somehow avoided any stint with law. She wants people to understand that Justin's controversial phase is just a part of growing up.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Crossed’
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ (Y&R) Nov. 24 – 28 Plus Thanksgiving Special Spoilers: Someone Returns, Kelly Finds Out About Engagement And More [Videos]
- ‘Star Wars 7: The Force Awakens’ Leaked Dialogue Of Han Solo From Upcoming Trailer [Spoilers]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Russia's New Tactical Nuclear Weapons Program Growing Confident Against the US: Talks of World War III
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced