Samsung Galaxy Tab S Release Date Slated for June 27 in the US; Carrier, Price, Colour Details Listed
By Pavithra Rathinavel | June 20, 2014 1:39 PM EST
The new Galaxy Tab S series of tablets from Samsung Electronics can be purchased from retailers starting June 27 in the U.S. Apparently, the 'Wi-Fi only' variant of the Samsung Galaxy Tab S will be the first one to hit the store shelves.
Samsung flags are set up at the main entrance to the Berlin fair ground before the IFA consumer electronics fair in Berlin in this August 28, 2012 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung.
According to Samsung, the retailers that are slated to offer the Galaxy Tab S tablets (both 8.4-inches and 10.5-inches models) include Amazon, Best Buy, and Sears. In addition, interested customers can also purchase the Galaxy Tab S from Samsung's official Web site.
The Galaxy Tab S 8.4-inches model will retail at $399, whereas the bigger 10.5-inches model can be purchased for $499. The available colour options are titanium bronze and dazzling white. Additionally, both the models are available for pre-order with selected retail outlets.
Also it is worth noting that, the LTE variant that relies on network carriers will be available for purchase only towards the end of this year, Slash Gear reported. AT&T, Sprint and T-Mobile are slated to offer the LTE model of the Galaxy Tab S tablets. However, the aforementioned carriers will reportedly offer only the 10.5-inches variant, while Verizon is expected to offer both the 8.4-inches and 10.5-inches variants.
The brand new Samsung Galaxy Tab S features a Super AMOLED display with an impressive 2,560 x 1,600 pixels screen resolution. The display has the capability to deliver more than 90% of Adobe RGB colour coverage. The contrast ratio of Galaxy Tab S stands at a striking 100,000:1. The Galaxy Tab S also houses a whopping 4900 mAh battery unit with Ultra Power Saving mode. In addition, this tablet houses a powerful 3 GB of RAM. The device comes with a thickness and weight of 6.6 mm and 298 g respectively. Thus, Galaxy Tab S is one of the thinnest and the lightest high-end tablets.
What do you think of the Galaxy Tab S? Can this beat Apple iPad? Feel free to leave a comment.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change
- Highest Paid NBA Players 2014: NBA Stars Who Earn More Than LeBron James