'Sherlock' Season 4 Spoilers: Benedict Cumberbatch's Onscreen Love Interest Irene Adler to Return?
By Sonalee singh | June 20, 2014 12:53 PM EST
There is still no news as to when would "Sherlock" season 4 would go on air but fans can't wait to know as to what all would happen in the new season of BBC's immensely popular detective series. The much evident question in the fans mind is the return of Sherlock's potential love interest Irene Adler.
The character, portrayed as a dominatrix by Lara Pulver left an indelible impression when she almost beat Sherlock Holmes in the episode called "The Scandal in Bohemia". After that she only appeared once in Sherlock's mind palace in the episode called "The Sign of Three". Interestingly, Adler appeared in Sherlock's imagination in all her naked glory.
Would Adler return in Season 4? Fans think that the spark she shares with Sherlock it would be hard for her to stay away from him forever and she may return in Season 4. However, if the creators go by Sir Arthur Thomas Doyle's stories, then Irene may never come back as she does not appear after "The Scandal in Bohemia" (the short story "A Scandal in Belgravia," in which Sherlock meets the character, is based on).
However, Benedict Cumberbatch, would love to have Pulver back on the show as Irene.
"She was terrific fun," he told the Radio Times last year. "She was so brilliant in [Series 2] and we'd love to have her back. Maybe not in this series, but she's a great strong character, even though she only appeared once."
But one of the co-creators Mark Gatiss, who also plays Sherlock's brother Mycroft Holmes, is in doubts whether Adler's character should be brought back or not
"The danger is you have a successful character like Irene Adler and she makes a massive impact because that story is so perfect, but if she then moves in around the corner, it becomes a bit cosy," he told Digital Spy in December.
"Sherlock" Season 4 is speculated to return on television in 2016.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ian Somerhalder–Nina Dobrev Reunion Not Happening: 'The Vampire Diaries' (TVD) Star Is 'Falling In Love' With Nikki Reed—Report
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Lawson’s Girlfriend Reportedly Entering the House Plus Sandra Gets Evicted [VIDEO]
- 'Arrow' Season 3, Episode 3 Spoilers: Merlyn vs Queen; Thea Reborn; Felicity Smoak Gets New Boss [Watch Arrow 3x03 Promo Video]
- ‘The Young And The Restless’ Spoilers For Oct. 23: Find Out What Happens When Phyllis Meets Kelly
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 5 Spoilers: Gibbs' Gut OKs FBI Agent Leia Pendergast; A Favorite Guest Star Returns [Watch NCIS 12x5 Promo Video]
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- Virginia Woman Who Posted Naked Image Of Ex-BF’s New Partner 1st Person Charged Under Revenge Porn Law
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Israel Loses A Friend in UN Security Council As New Zealand Replaces Australia
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’