Android 4.4.2 KitKat Rollout: Galaxy S3, Note 2, Galaxy S4 Mini, Mega 6.3, Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and 8.0
By Ryan Inoyori | June 20, 2014 12:41 PM EST
Samsung is now releasing the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note 2, Galaxy S4 Mini, Galaxy Mega 6.3, Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and Galaxy Tab 3 8.0. Know the features and network carriers rolling out the latest Android version.
Samsung Galaxy S3
Third generation flagship Galaxy S smartphone, Galaxy S3 is now receiving the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat from several United States network carriers including AT&T, Sprint, U.S. Cellular and Verizon Wireless. It is also available from different network carriers in Canada such as Bell, Rogers and TELUS.
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
Users of the Galaxy Note 2 phablet can now download and install the latest Android 4.4.2 KitKat from the United States network carriers Sprint and Verizon Wireless. Canadian users can also get the new firmware from respective network carriers such as Bell, Rogers and TELUS.
Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini
U.S. network carriers Sprint and Verizon Wireless are now seeding out the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy S4 Mini. Moreover, the Galaxy S4 Mini Black LTE edition which was launched in selected markets is also receiving Android 4.4.2 firmware.
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3
Samsung Galaxy Mega 6.3 owners are now eligible for the official Android 4.4.2 KitKat and it is available from AT&T and Sprint in the United States. The firmware initially seeded out in Russia and may be available in other territories outside Russia and U.S.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy Mega 5.8 is still under final testing phase and users may get the new firmware this month after Galaxy Mega 6.3 according to the schedule from Samsung.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 and 8.0
Sprint is now seeding out the Android 4.4.2 KitKat for the low cost Samsung Galaxy Tab 3 7.0 SM-T217S. It features all the usual changes found on Android 4.4.2 KitKat such as improved performance, wireless printing and immersive mode.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat for Galaxy Tab 3 8.0 Wi-Fi is now rolling out in France which will soon arrive in other territories. As usual, the tablet will get the Android 4.4.2 goodies such as new status bar icons, new lock screen and other various enhancements.
Android 4.4.2 KitKat Change Logs
Here are the details about the changes provided by Android 4.4.2 KitKat from Samsung. However, there are some features which may be added depending on your network carrier.
- New lock screen and shortcuts
- SMS App chooser between default and Hangouts
- New status and navigation bars
- Captions and subtitles supported
- New options in the Location Settings menu
- More emoji icons
- Wireless Printing enabled
- Copy and paste improvements
- New dialler user interface
- Changes on the Settings menu
- Bluetooth enhancements
- Immersive mode
- Keyboard improvements
- Google apps and services updated
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- Windows 9 Release Date on October 2014, Not April 2015; Three Reasons to Upgrade from Windows XP and 7
- Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire New Pokemons Spotted and More Gym Leaders Introduced
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 vs 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Upcoming Games For Xbox One 2014
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 vs. Sony Xperia C3: Features, Specs and Performance Compared
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales
- Sony Xperia M2 vs. Moto G – Specifications, Features and Price Showdown