Lack of Apparel While Dancing in Front of Female Employees Costs American Apparel CEO Dov Charney His Job
By Vittorio Hernandez | June 20, 2014 12:21 PM EST
In an irony of ironies, American Apparel CEO Dov Charney was fired on Wednesday by the board of directors from the company he founded for lack of apparel while dancing in front of two female employees.
A naked protester sprints in front of some of the 7,000 poicemen deployed to secure Angela Merkel's visit to Athens
To make matters worse for the 45-year-old naked Canadian executive who posted the clip on the video sharing site Viddme, someone discovered the short film and tipped Gawker, which published the 1-minute, 15-second video that showed the nude CEO also talking on his mobile phone while gyrating.
The daily cited a former model of American Apparel as confirming it is Charney who is the man in his birthday suit in the video, Another ex-employee confirmed the two women are also connected with the apparel company.
In a press statement, the board said that Charney, who had faced several sexual misconduct complaints from female workers in the past, was terminated for cause.
In the previous cases, the board sided with their CEO, while the claims were either settled or dismissed. Named as interim CEO is John Luttrell, the chief financial officer.
YouTube/Los Angeles Times
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
Join the Conversation
- California Fruits Recalled in USA and Canada for Possible Listeria Contamination
- Malaysian Airlines Flight 17: Air Carrier Losing $1.6 Million/Day; Crisis Management Experts Suggest Hiring Risk Expert as CEO
- The IBM and Apple Merger: Will it Spell Trouble to Rival Companies
- CBA, NAB, Westpac in Fixed Rate War Offering Below 5% Interest
- KFC & McDonald’s Accused of Serving ‘Expired’ Meat to Customers
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales