One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson New Co-Owner of Doncaster Rovers Football Club
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 20, 2014 12:05 PM EST
One Direction member Louis Tomlinson is the new co-owner of Doncaster Rovers Football Club.
The deal was made on June 19, according to reports. Tomlinson has bought the club, but the amount for the agreement was not revealed. Tomlinson now shares ownership with former chairman John Ryan.
Ryan's spokesperson confirmed that the deal had been finalised. "It's done, the takeover is complete." An official statement will be made at a press conference in London.
Reportedly, Ryan is excited for his comeback in the Rovers' boardroom, who resigned from his chairman post in November 2013. He's thrilled that the deal has been done. "This has been in the offing for some time, and Louis and I are absolutely delighted that everything has been agreed," Ryan told The Star.
"Now it's full steam ahead," Ryan added.
According to the 64-year-old, their mission is to assemble a squad "that can get out of League one at the first time of asking, like we did last time."
Tomlinson and Ryan have recently joined forces to launch a new crowdfunding campaign for the Doncaster Rovers Football Club. The new business partners have setup trust to raise £2 million to save their much-loved football club.
Tomlinson, who was born and raised in Doncaster, said that it would be nice for his hometown to have a "successful football club." Their goals is to get the club in the Premiere League.
"For me, this is all about football, the community and restoring the excitement and desire to making Doncaster Rovers the most exciting club to play for in Yorkshire," said Tomlinson.
So far, the campaign has raised a total of £512, 963. Anyone who wishes to make a pledge must be a member of the Crowdfunder Web site. Pledges range from as low as £5 to as much as £12,000. Rewards are given to kind-hearted individual who will make a pledge such as receiving a "thank you" video message or meeting Tomlinson in person.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 3: Kansas City Royals 3, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Rafael Nadal On Roger Federer: ‘He’s A Good Person, A Fantastic Player And A Great Man On Court’
- Jeremy Lin’s Big Break: Steve Nash Out For The Season For The Los Angeles Lakers
- NBA News: Teammate Stresses Jeremy Lin's Importance To The Lakers
- Manny Pacquiao Is Better Than Floyd Mayweather Jr. In Basketball Claims Freddie Roach
- Chelsea FC: Mourinho Hints Cesc Fabregas Could Succeed John Terry As Club Captain
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Verizon Motorola Droid Turbo Leaked Live Images Surfaces, Scheduled To Get Unveiled On Oct 28
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation
- U.S. Targets Buyers of ISIS Oil, Threatens Sanctions
- ISIS Syria Airstrike Bombing Has Killed 550 People, Civilians Included
- Russia Blocking OSCE Monitoring Of Its Border With Ukraine
- Russia Slams US 'Double Standards' In The Fight Against ISIS