One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson New Co-Owner of Doncaster Rovers Football Club
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 20, 2014 12:05 PM EST
One Direction member Louis Tomlinson is the new co-owner of Doncaster Rovers Football Club.
The deal was made on June 19, according to reports. Tomlinson has bought the club, but the amount for the agreement was not revealed. Tomlinson now shares ownership with former chairman John Ryan.
Ryan's spokesperson confirmed that the deal had been finalised. "It's done, the takeover is complete." An official statement will be made at a press conference in London.
Reportedly, Ryan is excited for his comeback in the Rovers' boardroom, who resigned from his chairman post in November 2013. He's thrilled that the deal has been done. "This has been in the offing for some time, and Louis and I are absolutely delighted that everything has been agreed," Ryan told The Star.
"Now it's full steam ahead," Ryan added.
According to the 64-year-old, their mission is to assemble a squad "that can get out of League one at the first time of asking, like we did last time."
Tomlinson and Ryan have recently joined forces to launch a new crowdfunding campaign for the Doncaster Rovers Football Club. The new business partners have setup trust to raise £2 million to save their much-loved football club.
Tomlinson, who was born and raised in Doncaster, said that it would be nice for his hometown to have a "successful football club." Their goals is to get the club in the Premiere League.
"For me, this is all about football, the community and restoring the excitement and desire to making Doncaster Rovers the most exciting club to play for in Yorkshire," said Tomlinson.
So far, the campaign has raised a total of £512, 963. Anyone who wishes to make a pledge must be a member of the Crowdfunder Web site. Pledges range from as low as £5 to as much as £12,000. Rewards are given to kind-hearted individual who will make a pledge such as receiving a "thank you" video message or meeting Tomlinson in person.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines MH17: Vital Black Boxes Finally Land in Hands of Malaysian Authorities, Rebels Announce Ceasefire (PHOTOS/VIDEOS)
- Photos from the Crash Site of Malaysia Airlines MH17 In Ukraine
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- No Kevin Love to Cleveland, Andrew Wiggins to Stay with Cavaliers
- Jeremy Lin Only an ‘Expiring Contract’ in Los Angeles; Lakers Want Eric Bledsoe
- Jeremy Lin Demands More Playing Time From Lakers Next Season
- $300 Million at Stake for Floyd Mayweather vs. Manny Pacquiao Showdown
- Roger Federer is ‘The Greatest of All Time' - Novak Djokovic’s Coach Boris Becker
- Fresh Leak Hints iPhone 6 Price and Release Date; 4.7-Inches iPhone 6 Sapphire Display Scratched in Test; New Spigen Cases Out
- iPhone 6 2014 Release Date Very Soon as Apple Orders 120M New iPhones from Foxconn – Report
- Google Nexus 6 on Release Date Will Sport 2K Display Panel & Lower Price Tag – Report
- Motorola Moto G Vs. Xiaomi Mi3 – Low in Price, High -level Features
- FCC Approves Sony Xperia Z3 for U.S. Market
- Killer Xiaomi Mi4 at $369 Likely to Come With 5.0-Inch Display, Snapdragon 801 Processor, 3GB RAM and More
- Sony PlayStation 4 Outsells a Resurgent Xbox One in June