One Direction’s Louis Tomlinson New Co-Owner of Doncaster Rovers Football Club
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 20, 2014 12:05 PM EST
One Direction member Louis Tomlinson is the new co-owner of Doncaster Rovers Football Club.
The deal was made on June 19, according to reports. Tomlinson has bought the club, but the amount for the agreement was not revealed. Tomlinson now shares ownership with former chairman John Ryan.
Ryan's spokesperson confirmed that the deal had been finalised. "It's done, the takeover is complete." An official statement will be made at a press conference in London.
Reportedly, Ryan is excited for his comeback in the Rovers' boardroom, who resigned from his chairman post in November 2013. He's thrilled that the deal has been done. "This has been in the offing for some time, and Louis and I are absolutely delighted that everything has been agreed," Ryan told The Star.
"Now it's full steam ahead," Ryan added.
According to the 64-year-old, their mission is to assemble a squad "that can get out of League one at the first time of asking, like we did last time."
Tomlinson and Ryan have recently joined forces to launch a new crowdfunding campaign for the Doncaster Rovers Football Club. The new business partners have setup trust to raise £2 million to save their much-loved football club.
Tomlinson, who was born and raised in Doncaster, said that it would be nice for his hometown to have a "successful football club." Their goals is to get the club in the Premiere League.
"For me, this is all about football, the community and restoring the excitement and desire to making Doncaster Rovers the most exciting club to play for in Yorkshire," said Tomlinson.
So far, the campaign has raised a total of £512, 963. Anyone who wishes to make a pledge must be a member of the Crowdfunder Web site. Pledges range from as low as £5 to as much as £12,000. Rewards are given to kind-hearted individual who will make a pledge such as receiving a "thank you" video message or meeting Tomlinson in person.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Mayweather vs. Pacquiao Purse Split: $100M For American, $60M For Filipino— Report
- Amir Khan Addresses Roach’s Comments That Pacquiao Used To Knock Out The Bolton-Born Boxer During Sparring Sessions
- Meet Paige VanZant, The Next UFC Sensation In The Women's Division
- Boxing Analyst John Scully Says Floyd Mayweather Is Slipping But Manny Pacquiao Won’t Win In Super Fight In 2015
- Michael Schumacher Condition: Manager Sabine Kehm Says The 7-Time World Champion Is Making ‘Progress Appropriate To The Severity Of His Situation’
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination