NBA Trade News: Denver Nuggets Join Love Sweepstakes
By James Patrick Quizon | June 20, 2014 12:03 PM EST
The Boston Celtics, Golden State Warriors and Chicago Bulls are all reportedly chasing Kevin Love. Another team out west, the Denver Nuggets want to be in the mix and are willing to trade away Kenneth Faried and Wilson Chandler to net the Minnesota Timberwolves franchise player.
NBA: Los Angeles Clippers at Denver Nuggets
Steve Bulpett (@SteveBHoop), a beat writer for the Boston Herald covering the Boston Celtics, tweeted the details on the new player in the Love sweepstakes:
Sources: in addition to Wilson Chandler and Kenneth Faried, Denver offering Minnesota a player they would acquire (Arron Afflalo) for Love.
— Steve Bulpett (@SteveBHoop) June 19, 2014
The chase for Love is heating-up as the 2014 NBA Draft nears. The annual rookie selection is set on June 26 and teams like the Warriors have apparently upped their offer for the Minnesota big man. Golden State’s latest proposal now include shooter Klay Thompson and David Lee and they are willing to take back the long contract of Kevin Martin and J.J. Barea from the Wolves. Boston’s initial offer centered on young players like Jared Sullinger and Kelly Olynyk plus multiple future first round picks.
This is only going to get weirder, friends... Several sources saying more teams will bid for Love and offers will be altered. — Steve Bulpett (@SteveBHoop) June 19, 2014
Denver’s offer is interesting to say the least but Chandler ($6.34M) and Faried’s ($1.44M) combined salary only equals to around $7.1M owing to the latter’s rookie deal.
The Nuggets would have to include trade fillers like Darrell Arthur ($3.23M) and Timofey Mozgov ($4.40M) for the deal to work under the NBA Collective Bargaining Agreement (CBA) trade rules.
Giving up a lot of players will also mean that Denver has to gut out their roster to acquire a big-salaried player like Love.
Ty Lawson, Danilo Gallinari and JaValee McGee have $10+M contracts and can be included in the deal but the Wolves already have a starting point guard in Ricky Rubio and center in Nikola Pekovic. Gallinari’s injury history may scare off the Wolves.
The Warriors have upped the ante; the Bulls and Celtics are waiting in the wings; and now the Nuggets are joining the chase.
Which team will win the Love sweepstakes?
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Matmo Leaves 32k Customers w/o Electricity in Taiwan, Weakens After Landing in China
Join the Conversation
- Rugby Sevens Semis & Finals Live Stream, Schedule & Results – Commonwealth Games 2014
- A Beautiful Distraction: 5 Things You Need to Know About Sabina Altynbekova
- Boxing News 2014: 50 Cent Hits Mayweather Over Money Deal, Mocks Boxer in Instagram for Losing GF to Nelly
- Commonwealth Games 2014 Live Stream: Men’s & Women’s 100m Final, Athletics Schedule & Results Day 2
- Maria Sharapova Overtaken by Eugenie Bouchard in Poll of Sexiest Women in Tennis
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- The Pirate Bay Releases ‘The Mobile Bay’: Mobile Torrent Download Made Easier but Remains Illegal