Fifty Shades of Grey Fans Ponder How Old Christian Grey Is; Celebrates Character’s Birthday with Jamie Dornan’s Movie Still
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 20, 2014 10:51 AM EST
Looking straight into the camera with the well-known Christian Grey stare, Irish actor Jamie Dornan showed fans what a sexy dominant billionaire should look like through the first "Fifty Shades of Grey" movie still from Universal Pictures and Focus Features, released on the day considered to be Christian Grey's birthday.
E. L. James, author of Fifty Shades of Grey, poses for photographers during a book signing in London on Sept. 6, 2012.
The said photo was posted on "Fifty Shades" official Facebook page on Wednesday, June 18, wherein Jamie Dornan could be seen sitting behind the wheels of a black car or what may be the black Audi R8 Spyder readers of the book without doubt recognise or at least remember being particularly mentioned in "Fifty Shades of Grey" as Christian Grey's car.
Despite the obvious celebration, though, some fans from various social media sites still appear to be quite confused as to how old Christian Grey really is now. On May 2011, E.L. James released the first "Fifty Shades" book, wherein Christian is known as the 27-year-old owner of the Grey Enterprises Holdings Inc.
The first book was followed by a September release of "Fifty Shades Darker" wherein Christian turns 28. On January 2012, the last book in the trilogy "Fifty Shades Freed" was eventually published wherein Jamie Dornan's character is fast-forward to two years which means he is already 30 by the time the book ends.
"Fifty Shades of Grey" is set for a February 2015 release. In an E! Online report, it was suggested that if fans will follow the timeline when the "Fifty Shades" franchise is to be released, Christian Grey is supposed to be 27, still. A fan wrote on the comment section of the article, however, insisting that Christian Grey is now 31.
In 2013, exactly the day the world is supposed to celebrate the birthday of Dornan's character, author E. L. James posted an article on her blog greeting Christian Grey with a snippet of the real dialogues between Christian and Anastasia Steele (Dakota Johnson) from "Fifty Shades Darker" wherein Anastasia was giving Christian his birthday present.
James wasn't very particular of Christian's age on her post so its still unknown whether Jamie Dornan's character in the movie is now 31, 32 (same as Dornan's real age) or still young at 27. Nevertheless, the world is celebrating.
— Fifty Shades of Grey (@FiftyShades) June 18, 2014
More Jamie Dornan News:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’: Top 5 Revelations Of Season 8
- 'NCIS' Season 12 Spoilers: Ziva David Out, Tony's New Love Could be Stephanie Jacobsen's Leia; Troian Bellisario Teases 'Reunion' Photo
- ‘Batman vs. Superman: Dawn of Justice’ Comic-Con Teaser Trailer In Animation [Watch Video]
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch