Ubisoft Updates: Watch Dogs’ Newest Update Improves Graphics, Far Cry 4’s Ajay Ghale Headshot Teased
By Gel Galang | June 20, 2014 10:29 AM EST
"Watch Dogs has been a source of awe and frustration on the part of gamers. While it is enjoyable and had been an anticipated game, there have been quite a lot who have been commenting on the less than great graphics that the already-delayed game delivered.
Several new action video games are promoted at the Ubisoft booth at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 10, 2014. REUTERS/Kevork Djansezian
This time, the "Watch Dogs" team at Ubisoft has announced a patch for all the platforms, which are slated to bring in game fixes in the gameplay, multiplayer and even PC-specific fixes.
"A new patch for the game is coming on all platforms. The patch will be available for download on the PlayStation 4 in the next few hours. PlayStation 3 will be available shortly. For PC, the patch will be available in the coming days. For Xbox One and Xbox 360, the patch will be released within the next week," said Ubisoft over at the official forums.
Here's the full list of fixes care of the WD Team:
MAJOR GAME FIXES
• Automatically reconstructed corrupted save files which prevented loading to go further than 90 per cent. Some collectibles may remain unrecoverable.
• Fixed the issue preventing players from using hacks in the game.
- Fixed several mission-breaking bugs.
- Fixed minor mission and item-related issues.
• Fixed the issue that caused the empty weapon-wheel.
- Fixed several minor respawn issues.
• Fixed some connection and session joining issues.
PC SPECIFIC FIXES
- Fixed graphical glitches on Low & Medium settings.
- Fixed some crashes on SLI configurations.
- Implemented several performance improvements.
- Implemented a few control improvements.
• Fixed issues causing infinite messaging and timing-out when trying to access the Online Shop from the Extras Menu while Uplay is set to Offline mode.
- Fixed issues connecting to a Multiplayer game.
- Implemented several mouse modifications.
• Fixed "Drinking Game" control issue where wrong information was displayed when played with a gamepad.
- Fixed "Chess Game" control issue.
- Fixed bug where the invasion setting was never saved.
- Fixed graphical issues during cut scenes and cinematics.
- Fixed several graphical and texture bugs.
- Removed Vista OS check to prevent false positives.
• Added game version in main menu.
More than this, however, Wired has managed to find modders who also had their own way of solving the graphics problem in "Watch Dogs." According to the report, it seems that modder TheWorse from Guru3D forums has managed to browse through and unearth codes in "Watch Dogs" that seemed to point to a neglected graphics setting that restored the greatness factor in the graphics to what it was when the title was first teased as a game.
Despite the now contradicting statements--the turned off settings does show a graphic downgrade for "Watch Dogs," but Ubisoft representatives have asserted that "Watch Dogs" did not undergo any downgrades--there are risks to using the mods as well.
Wired reports that, while the mod does restore graphics, some users have supposedly experienced issues with the mod, which can be the reason why Ubisoft executed the "graphics downgrade" in the first place.
'Far Cry 4's' Ajay Ghale's Headshot Revealed
Another one of Ubisoft's anticipated game, "Far Cry 4," has had a new development as the company released the first official image of the protagonist, Ajay Ghale.
It's almost ironic that gamers are getting their first official glimpse of the protagonist when the rather flamboyant and fierce villain, Pagan Min, even has his own E3 trailer as seen below.
ComingSoon has a snapshot of Ajay Ghale's official image, and this is the face of the protagonist who may be looking at a rather complicated adventure with Pagan Min. It may not be entirely a fight to the death at first, seeing as how Pagan Min even welcomed Ajay with arms wide open, so it would be interesting to see where the adventure in Kyrat will go from here.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Before Pokemon Omega Ruby and Alpha Sapphire: TwitchPlaysPokemon Goes X and Y, More Events and More Gym Leader Info
- PS4 News: 2 Possible Sets of PS Plus Games for August 2014 Leaked and Additional Features for PS4
- Xbox One News: Games with Gold for August Announced; Updates for Progress in China
- Samsung Galaxy K Zoom vs. Nokia Lumia 1020 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- The SIMS 4 on Sept 2 Release: Low Demands Specs, No Toddlers or Pools and 3 Premium Packs
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- iPhone 6 Release Date Relevance to iOS Newbies: Specs Meaning, Price Considerations
- CCTV Footage Captured Children Being Beaten To Sleep And Physically Abused Inside Nursery
- Nexus 6 Likely Confirmed as Motorola 5.9-Inch Phablet on Release Date – Report