FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #33 Cameroon vs. Brazil
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 20, 2014 10:19 AM EST
Cameroon 1 Brazil 4
REUTERS/Francois Xavier Marit/
Brazil's Neymar reacts as he holds on to the goal post net during their 2014 World Cup Group A soccer match against Mexico at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza, June 17, 2014.
The thirty third match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Cameroon and Brazil. The Group A match is important for Brazil as it is yet to secure its berth in the "group of 16." Cameroon is virtually out of the tournament at this point but it can be a spoil sport for Brazil to restore its pride.
Cameroon: Cameroon failed to win any of its previous 2 matches, which sent it out of the tournament. It conceded 5 goals in those matches without scoring any. Cameroon is a much better team than how it has performed so far. It will definitely try to restore its pride, and there is no better team than Brazil that it can beat to prove it. However, it is not going to be easy. Last couple of matches must have affected its morale heavily. The team does not look quite organised at the moment. Nevertheless, Cameroon does not have anything to lose, and that can be dangerous for the host country.
Brazil: Brazil started the tournament as one of the favourites to win the cup as always. With the home support in favour of the South American country which is most famous for its football, people expected a lot from Neymar and his teammates. However, it has failed to get close to the kind of performance its fans expect to witness. It won against Croatia but was arguably favoured by a few favourable decisions by the referee. Mexico never allowed Brazil to score and matched its skill immaculately. It will be, however, quite unlikely that it will go out of the tournament even if it loses this match. There will be a possibility that it may finish at the second position in the group, depending on the Croatia-Mexico match. In that case, Brazil will possibly face the Netherlands in the next round.
Head to Head
These two teams played 4 times against each other before. Brazil won 3 and Cameroon 1. There were 8 goals scored, and 7 of those were scored by Brazil.
Cameroon: Samuel Eto'o and Alexandre Song
Brazil: Neymar and Oscar
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 5 pm (local time) on June 23, which means it is 6 am on June 24 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Estadio Nacional in Brasilia.
Brazil will not lose the opportunity to get back to its rhythm just before the knock-out stages. Cameroon will fail to score again. Brazil will win it 3-0.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup Group A Preview, Prediction, Roster, Schedule: Spain and Brazil To Clinch Top 2 Spots, France, Serbia, And Iran To Battle For Remaining Slots
- Top 10 WTA Fastest Tennis Serves of All Time
- Without LeBron James, Kevin Durant And Other Stars, Team USA Looks to James Harden As Leader In 2014 FIBA World Cup in Spain
- UEFA Champions League Draw: Schedule, TV and Live Stream Information
- Marcos Maidana Heavily Praised By Mexican Boxing Legends
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- James Foley Torture Involves CIA Waterboarding Technique
- Malaysia Airlines to Axe 4,000 Employees, Including CEO; Suspends Trading of Shares
- Verizon on Nationwide Launch of VoLTE
- West Looks Divided in Tackling Russian Invasion In Ukraine