FIFA World Cup 2014 Predictions: Match #33 Cameroon vs. Brazil
By Sounak Mukhopadhyay | June 20, 2014 10:19 AM EST
Cameroon 1 Brazil 4
REUTERS/Francois Xavier Marit/
Brazil's Neymar reacts as he holds on to the goal post net during their 2014 World Cup Group A soccer match against Mexico at the Castelao arena in Fortaleza, June 17, 2014.
The thirty third match of the FIFA World Cup 2014 is going to be held between Cameroon and Brazil. The Group A match is important for Brazil as it is yet to secure its berth in the "group of 16." Cameroon is virtually out of the tournament at this point but it can be a spoil sport for Brazil to restore its pride.
Cameroon: Cameroon failed to win any of its previous 2 matches, which sent it out of the tournament. It conceded 5 goals in those matches without scoring any. Cameroon is a much better team than how it has performed so far. It will definitely try to restore its pride, and there is no better team than Brazil that it can beat to prove it. However, it is not going to be easy. Last couple of matches must have affected its morale heavily. The team does not look quite organised at the moment. Nevertheless, Cameroon does not have anything to lose, and that can be dangerous for the host country.
Brazil: Brazil started the tournament as one of the favourites to win the cup as always. With the home support in favour of the South American country which is most famous for its football, people expected a lot from Neymar and his teammates. However, it has failed to get close to the kind of performance its fans expect to witness. It won against Croatia but was arguably favoured by a few favourable decisions by the referee. Mexico never allowed Brazil to score and matched its skill immaculately. It will be, however, quite unlikely that it will go out of the tournament even if it loses this match. There will be a possibility that it may finish at the second position in the group, depending on the Croatia-Mexico match. In that case, Brazil will possibly face the Netherlands in the next round.
Head to Head
These two teams played 4 times against each other before. Brazil won 3 and Cameroon 1. There were 8 goals scored, and 7 of those were scored by Brazil.
Cameroon: Samuel Eto'o and Alexandre Song
Brazil: Neymar and Oscar
Date, Time & Venue
Brazil's time zone is UTC/GMT -3. The match starts at 5 pm (local time) on June 23, which means it is 6 am on June 24 in New South Wales, Australia. The match will be held at Estadio Nacional in Brasilia.
Brazil will not lose the opportunity to get back to its rhythm just before the knock-out stages. Cameroon will fail to score again. Brazil will win it 3-0.
Contact the writer: s.mukhopadhyay@IBTimes.com.au
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Dota 2 Match Fixing Controversy: Arrow Gaming Disqualified From Summit 2 Tournament [VIDEO]
- Manny Pacquiao Blasted For Arrogance, Playing Basketball Month Before Fight Against Chris Algieri
- Ronda Rousey Rejects Idea of Fight Between A Man And A Woman In The UFC
- Manchester United: Did Ed Woodward Really Uttered Expletives During The Red Devils' Draw Against West Brom?
- Chelsea FC: No 'Crying' For The Blues Amid Injury Woes Ahead Of Man Utd Clash, Says Mourinho
- The Pirate Bay Blockade: Cost Of Blocking Websites Like TPB Is Ridiculously High
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’
- Canada Raises National Terror Alert Level after Suspected Jihadist Runs Over Soldier