Adobe Flash Player: How to Download and Install Fix for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 20, 2014 8:10 AM EST
Adobe recently released critical patches for the Flash Player, which fixes six essential problems in the software on Windows, Mac, Linux and Android operating systems.
For users of Windows, Mac, Linux or Android platforms, it is highly suggested to download and install the update to the latest Adobe Flash Player 14 and AIR 14.
For all the Adobe Flash Player users, the update is specifically necessary for Windows and Macintosh users as the bugs patched are XSS or cross-site-scripting vulnerabilities, meaning hackers can misuse them, giving malicious code without the users consent. This can lead to users downloading viruses and becoming infected with all kinds of malware without even knowing it has happened. For example, the CryptoLocker which is one of the severe and widespread malwares, it is necessary that users keep their software, particularly Java and Adobe Flash related software updated.
Adobe Flash Player 14 and AIR 14 updates address CVE-2014-0531, CVE-2014-0532 (cross- site scripting bugs) , CVE-2014-0533, CVE-2014-0534 and CVE-2014-0535 (security bypass bugs), and CVE-2014-0536, a memory corruption flaw.
Here is how to install Adobe Flash Player, and Adobe Air Update for Windows and Mac. If you are using PC with Window, Mac or Linux and you are using the browsers Chrome or IE10 and above, your flash player will automatically update via the browser itself. But for all browsers like Safari, Mozilla Firefox and others, you need to update it manually. Here is a tutorial on how to update and install the latest Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Air updates.
But still it depends on which system you are running. Here are the Adobe Flash and Air updates you will download and install:
Windows Users: Adobe Flash Player Update 220.127.116.11.
Mac OS X Users: Adobe Flash Player Update 18.104.22.168.
Linux Users: Adobe Flash Player Update 22.214.171.1248
Android Users: Adobe AIR Update 126.96.36.199.
1. Go to Adobe's official Web site where the latest update of Flash Player is available in the Adobe download centre.
2. Choose the "Download Now" button.
3. Click "Save File" in the pop-up window.
4. Look for the downloaded file on your computer and double-click on it.
5. A pop-up window comes out, click on "Install Adobe Flash Player" to start the install process.
6. Then Click Open.
7. Then instructions are provided just follow these until install is complete.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Clears That Fredrik Neij And Peter Sunde Are Not TPB Founders
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Out There To Save His Two Favourite Ladies In Mid-season Finale
- [In Pictures] Police Fire As Protest Turns Into ‘Riot’ After Grand Jury Decision on Ferguson Shooting
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 8 Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Set To Burn The Place Down in ‘Coda’
Join the Conversation
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Chris Algieri’s Battered Face Trends On Social Media
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday Sale 2014 Deals From Amazon On Smartphones, TVs, Headsets And More
- Andrew Robb Asks Obama Not to ‘Lecture’ Australia on Climate Change