Adobe Flash Player: How to Download and Install Fix for Windows, Mac, Linux and Android
By Karla Danica Figuerres | June 20, 2014 8:10 AM EST
Adobe recently released critical patches for the Flash Player, which fixes six essential problems in the software on Windows, Mac, Linux and Android operating systems.
For users of Windows, Mac, Linux or Android platforms, it is highly suggested to download and install the update to the latest Adobe Flash Player 14 and AIR 14.
For all the Adobe Flash Player users, the update is specifically necessary for Windows and Macintosh users as the bugs patched are XSS or cross-site-scripting vulnerabilities, meaning hackers can misuse them, giving malicious code without the users consent. This can lead to users downloading viruses and becoming infected with all kinds of malware without even knowing it has happened. For example, the CryptoLocker which is one of the severe and widespread malwares, it is necessary that users keep their software, particularly Java and Adobe Flash related software updated.
Adobe Flash Player 14 and AIR 14 updates address CVE-2014-0531, CVE-2014-0532 (cross- site scripting bugs) , CVE-2014-0533, CVE-2014-0534 and CVE-2014-0535 (security bypass bugs), and CVE-2014-0536, a memory corruption flaw.
Here is how to install Adobe Flash Player, and Adobe Air Update for Windows and Mac. If you are using PC with Window, Mac or Linux and you are using the browsers Chrome or IE10 and above, your flash player will automatically update via the browser itself. But for all browsers like Safari, Mozilla Firefox and others, you need to update it manually. Here is a tutorial on how to update and install the latest Adobe Flash Player and Adobe Air updates.
But still it depends on which system you are running. Here are the Adobe Flash and Air updates you will download and install:
Windows Users: Adobe Flash Player Update 18.104.22.168.
Mac OS X Users: Adobe Flash Player Update 22.214.171.124.
Linux Users: Adobe Flash Player Update 126.96.36.1998
Android Users: Adobe AIR Update 188.8.131.52.
1. Go to Adobe's official Web site where the latest update of Flash Player is available in the Adobe download centre.
2. Choose the "Download Now" button.
3. Click "Save File" in the pop-up window.
4. Look for the downloaded file on your computer and double-click on it.
5. A pop-up window comes out, click on "Install Adobe Flash Player" to start the install process.
6. Then Click Open.
7. Then instructions are provided just follow these until install is complete.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Slow-Moving Yet Unrelenting Hawaii Lava Now Only Inches Away From Pahoa Homes
- Kate Middleton Expecting A Baby Boy For The Second Time Around – Reports [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 6: Kansas City Royals 10, San Francisco Giants 0 [PHOTOS]
- San Francisco Giants Beat Kansas City Royals, 3-2 In Game 7, Wins 2014 MLB World Series [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Dismantling Of Fukushima Reactor 1 Faces Delays, US Judge Gives Sailor Go Signal To Push Through Lawsuit Against TEPCO Over Radiation
- Samsung Galaxy Note Edge To Be Available Through T-Mobile In The US
- Five Extreme Drop Tests On BlackBerry Passport Reveals Its Endurance [Watch Video]
- Updated iOS 8 Pangu Untethered Jailbreak Now Fully Works with Cydia: Key Fixes & Mods to Expect
- Ex-Ohio Trooper Pleads Guilty To Issuing Sex as Penalty To Women Motorists