FIFA World Cup 2014: Best Fan Costumes [PHOTOS]
June 19, 2014 8:30 PM EST
2014 FIFA World Cup: Best Fan Costumes [PHOTOS]
Walking around Brazil would have one slightly confused if this is a sports competition or one very big Halloween costume party thanks to the fans attending the 2014 FIFA World Cup. The country has turned into one big festival as people converge from all over the globe to support their national teams. Locals and foreigners alike pulled out all the stops and let out their creativity in donning their national colours and other out of this world costumes, some a bit crazier than others.
Most commonly sighted are people who are wearing all variations of their national flag colours in their shirts, hats, wigs. face paint and any other possible prop that they can carry which could bear their country's name or colours. Clown wigs abound and shutter shades have come back into fashion as hundreds of fans walk around in country-specific coloured wigs and glasses. It also seems like everyone is already trying to get a feel of what it's like to lift cup as thousands of people are strutting around with replica World Cup Trophies in their hands.
Bikini-clad women abound to the delight of spectators around the world and speaking of scantily-clad women, even Wonder Woman has been spotted enjoying the games. It seems like she has also invited some other superhero friends to watch the games including Hulk, who can be found both on the pitch playing for Brazil as well as in the bleachers sitting all green and scary. Batman, on the other hand, seems to be confused as to which team to support as he has been spotted in Italian and Mexican team colours. High-flying Superman Robin Van Persie seems to have definitely attracted other superheroes to show up.
The King of Rock, Elvis Presley is alive and well and is also in attendance and it's only a matter of time before the King of Pop, Michael Jackson will be spotted among the crowds as well. Aside from those rising from the dead, hundreds of little red devils made an appearance when Belgium played against Algeria. Mexican wrestling luchadors and mariachis were also spotted everywhere and there was the occasional reappearance of the banned South African horn, the vuvuzela.
Santa is apparently a Russian and was spotted looking around for the naughty ones as he watched Russia's game against South Korea. The Italians are leaving nothing to chance and have gone to a higher power for help. They're now walking around wearing religious artifacts and pictures of Pope Francis. Perhaps they are hoping that some divine intervention will help them raise the cup again just like they did in 2006.
- Budget 2014: Treasurer Joe Hockey Acknowledges Unpopularity of 1st Coalition Budget, Which Includes 16,000 Job Cuts & Deficit Tax
- Japan merchandise trade balance
- Could The Syrian Downing Of A Turkish Jet Bring In NATO?
- Breast Cancer iPhone App Enlists Hunky Men to Remind Women About Self-Examination
Join the Conversation
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: Spain vs. Iran Preview, Starting Lineups
- 2014 FIBA World Cup Live Streaming Info: USA vs. Finland Preview, Starting Lineups [VIDEO]
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Wenger's Take on Falcao and Rabiot
- Chelsea FC Transfer News: Blues Striker Fernando Torres Heads To AC Milan
- Arsenal FC Transfer News: Signing A Striker Is Still Considered By Wenger
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Firms Up as iWatch Rollout Delayed to Jan 2015 – Reports
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Apple iOS 8 vs Android 5.0 L: OS Wars Puts Android to Lower while Apple to Higher
- Google Chrome 64-bit for Windows 8 and Window 7 with Mac Beta Available
- North Korea Banker Who Manages Money of Kim Jong-un Defects to Russia With $5 Million
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen
- Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7, Nexus 10 New Paranoid Android 4.5 Beta 2 Update Guide