Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Active to Android 4.4.2 KitKat GT-I9295
By Precious Silva | June 19, 2014 6:02 PM EST
Samsung has started releasing the Android 4.4.3 KitKat software for S4 Active (GT-I9295). A number of Nordic countries initially received the software I9295XXUCNE4. As with updates from Android and Samsung, the Android 4.4.2 KitKat update for Galaxy S4 Active will come in stages. Some users may receive the device sooner or later than others depending on the region and carrier of the user.
A Samsung Electronics' Galaxy S4 (front) and Apple's iPhone 5 smartphones are seen in this picture illustration taken in Seoul May 13, 2013.
The Android 4.4.2 KitKat software can be downloaded either through Over-the-Air (OTA) update or via the Samsung KIES software. Users may have to verify with their networks or check their device notifications for the update. As for those who have not received the OTA update notification or those who do not have access through KIES may download the firmware manually.
Details of the update according to Honai Android as follows:
Android 4.4.2 I9295XXUCNE4 KitKat
Version: Android 4.4.2
Build date: May 21, 2014
Regions: Nordic countries
In order to update the device successfully, users should satisfy the following requirements:
-Install the required USB drivers.
-Enable USB Debugging Mode by going to Settings > Developer Options.
-Back up all important information.
-Make sure the battery is at least 80% charged.
-The Android 4.4.2 I9295XXUCNE4 firmware supports Galaxy S4 Active (GT-I9295) model. Attempting to install the software on any other device can lead to a bricked unit.
How to update the device:
1. Download and save the firmware zip file through WinRAR/7-Zip/WinZip. Make sure to get to .tar.md5 file and other important files.
2. Extract the Odin3 v3.07.exe from the Odin zip file.
3. Turn off the device.
4. Boot the handset to Download Mode. Do this by holding and pressing the Power, Home and Volume Down buttons together. Wait for the Android icon to appear. There should be a warning triangle on the screen. Tap the Volume Up button to proceed.
5. Access Odin and run it on the computer as Administrator.
6. Connect the S4 Active device to the computer through USB cable. Wait for the computer to detect the device. The ID:COM box should turn light blue displaying the COM port number. There should be a prompt indicating "Added."
7. Choose the following files from the extracted folder of the firmware:
- Tap the PDA button and choose .tar.md5 file.
- Select the Phone button, choose the MODEM file.
- Tap the CSC button and choose CSC file.
- Select the PIT option and choose the .pit file. Skip the next steps if the files mentioned are not found.
8. Under Odin, allow check on the Auto Reboot and F. Reset Time boxes. If the .pit file was chosen previously then the Re-Partition box should be checked.
9. Check if all the steps given are done correctly. Tap on the Start button to proceed with installation.
10. Wait for the installation process to be completed. The device will reboot. Wait for the green background to appear before disconnecting from the computer.
The Samsung Galaxy S4 Active I9295 device should be running on the update. To check if software has been installed successfully go to Settings and see About Phone.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Moto X 2014 vs. Motorola DROID Turbo - Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles