Sia Furler Seeks Revenge on Twitter And Yelp After Dry Cleaning Staff Ruins Fave Clothes
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 19, 2014 4:09 PM EST
According to a blog at SFGate, the pop star complained to the owner after a staff did a terrible job in her favorite clothing. The owner urged the Australian pop star to take the matter further.
The 38-year-old downtempo tweeted to her 468k followers the following words, "Suggestions for revenge/pranks on dry cleaner who ruined favorite things and won't take responsibility? Please discuss."
Furler's followers quickly supplied her suggestions that ranged from musical to literally dirty. One follower suggested to her to write a hit song about the concerned dry cleaning business. Another follower suggested the celebrity to bring disgusting panties, smear chocolate and even shit so that the dry cleaning establishment will have to deal with nastiness and ridiculousness.
One follower shared he had a similar case with the singer. He took his to small claim and won easily. He also said he kept up the pressure on Yelp with the follow-up.
Furler then posted: "BEST SUGGESTION!! Please write ridiculous terrible reviews HERE (sic),"The star put the link of the concerned dry cleaning business together with the post."
The reviews then poured out for Metropolitan Dry Cleaning on Yelp from Furler's fans who do not even live in New York and could not have even used the service. Some of the reviews were documented on Buzzfeed.
Yelp reviews ranged from punny, dramatic and very dramatic to the point that one dead person came back to write a Yelp review.
"I was murdered here. Would not recommend," the Yelp review stated. Another faux fax review called the shop "laundry Nazis."
Since Yelp's Terms of Service stated that reviews should be based on personal experience and not from angry fans, the website had to remove the bad reviews fueled from Sia's tweets.
Apparently, the pop star had already moved on with the issue after one Twitter follower suggested her to count to 10 and move on.
Indeed, with great power comes great responsibility.
Read the tweets below:
suggestions for revenge/pranks on dry cleaner who ruined favorite things and won't take responsibility? Please discuss.
— sia furler (@Sia) June 17, 2014
BEST SUGGESTION!! Please write ridiculous terrible reviews HERE http://t.co/05SJbPQVm7 — sia furler (@Sia) June 17, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Camilla Parker-Bowles To Become Queen When Prince Charles Accedes To The Throne
Join the Conversation
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Winner is Marlisa Punzalan; Dean Ray Finishes as Runner-Up [VIDEOS]
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Promo, Spoilers: Find Out What Happens In ‘Four Walls And A Roof’
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Housemate Lawson Chooses Cat Over GF, Kisses Cat in Bed [VIDEO]
- 'American Horror Story' : Renewed For Season 5, Ryan Murphy Says 'We're Not Doing Space'
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date Likely this October 2014 with Pangu not Evad3rs Firming Up as Creator
- Top 4 Free-To-Download Apps for Fuller iPhone 6, 6 Plus Experience
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- Russia Beefs Up Gold Reserves To Offset Heat of Sanctions And Undercut Dollar
- Australia's 'No Way' Anti-Asylum Seeker Poster Sparks Outrage