Sia Furler Seeks Revenge on Twitter And Yelp After Dry Cleaning Staff Ruins Fave Clothes
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 19, 2014 4:09 PM EST
According to a blog at SFGate, the pop star complained to the owner after a staff did a terrible job in her favorite clothing. The owner urged the Australian pop star to take the matter further.
The 38-year-old downtempo tweeted to her 468k followers the following words, "Suggestions for revenge/pranks on dry cleaner who ruined favorite things and won't take responsibility? Please discuss."
Furler's followers quickly supplied her suggestions that ranged from musical to literally dirty. One follower suggested to her to write a hit song about the concerned dry cleaning business. Another follower suggested the celebrity to bring disgusting panties, smear chocolate and even shit so that the dry cleaning establishment will have to deal with nastiness and ridiculousness.
One follower shared he had a similar case with the singer. He took his to small claim and won easily. He also said he kept up the pressure on Yelp with the follow-up.
Furler then posted: "BEST SUGGESTION!! Please write ridiculous terrible reviews HERE (sic),"The star put the link of the concerned dry cleaning business together with the post."
The reviews then poured out for Metropolitan Dry Cleaning on Yelp from Furler's fans who do not even live in New York and could not have even used the service. Some of the reviews were documented on Buzzfeed.
Yelp reviews ranged from punny, dramatic and very dramatic to the point that one dead person came back to write a Yelp review.
"I was murdered here. Would not recommend," the Yelp review stated. Another faux fax review called the shop "laundry Nazis."
Since Yelp's Terms of Service stated that reviews should be based on personal experience and not from angry fans, the website had to remove the bad reviews fueled from Sia's tweets.
Apparently, the pop star had already moved on with the issue after one Twitter follower suggested her to count to 10 and move on.
Indeed, with great power comes great responsibility.
Read the tweets below:
suggestions for revenge/pranks on dry cleaner who ruined favorite things and won't take responsibility? Please discuss.
— sia furler (@Sia) June 17, 2014
BEST SUGGESTION!! Please write ridiculous terrible reviews HERE http://t.co/05SJbPQVm7 — sia furler (@Sia) June 17, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- In Photos, Typhoon Rammasun Blasts the Philippines
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air