Sia Furler Seeks Revenge on Twitter And Yelp After Dry Cleaning Staff Ruins Fave Clothes
By Ma Evelyn Castino Quilas | June 19, 2014 4:09 PM EST
According to a blog at SFGate, the pop star complained to the owner after a staff did a terrible job in her favorite clothing. The owner urged the Australian pop star to take the matter further.
The 38-year-old downtempo tweeted to her 468k followers the following words, "Suggestions for revenge/pranks on dry cleaner who ruined favorite things and won't take responsibility? Please discuss."
Furler's followers quickly supplied her suggestions that ranged from musical to literally dirty. One follower suggested to her to write a hit song about the concerned dry cleaning business. Another follower suggested the celebrity to bring disgusting panties, smear chocolate and even shit so that the dry cleaning establishment will have to deal with nastiness and ridiculousness.
One follower shared he had a similar case with the singer. He took his to small claim and won easily. He also said he kept up the pressure on Yelp with the follow-up.
Furler then posted: "BEST SUGGESTION!! Please write ridiculous terrible reviews HERE (sic),"The star put the link of the concerned dry cleaning business together with the post."
The reviews then poured out for Metropolitan Dry Cleaning on Yelp from Furler's fans who do not even live in New York and could not have even used the service. Some of the reviews were documented on Buzzfeed.
Yelp reviews ranged from punny, dramatic and very dramatic to the point that one dead person came back to write a Yelp review.
"I was murdered here. Would not recommend," the Yelp review stated. Another faux fax review called the shop "laundry Nazis."
Since Yelp's Terms of Service stated that reviews should be based on personal experience and not from angry fans, the website had to remove the bad reviews fueled from Sia's tweets.
Apparently, the pop star had already moved on with the issue after one Twitter follower suggested her to count to 10 and move on.
Indeed, with great power comes great responsibility.
Read the tweets below:
suggestions for revenge/pranks on dry cleaner who ruined favorite things and won't take responsibility? Please discuss.
— sia furler (@Sia) June 17, 2014
BEST SUGGESTION!! Please write ridiculous terrible reviews HERE http://t.co/05SJbPQVm7 — sia furler (@Sia) June 17, 2014
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
- Celebrities Suffering From Lupus: Facts About the Disease
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton's Pregnancy: Alleged Miscarriage Makes Prince William and Prince Harry Somber - Reports
- Beyonce &Jay Z Marriage Story: Bey Not Attracted to Jay, Married Him for Professional Growth - Reports
- Kendra Wilkinson's Divorce Troubles: Hank Baskett Cheated Before Allegedly Caught with Transexual Model - Reports
- Castle Season 7 Spoilers, Speculations: Stana Katic in More ‘Beast’ Action, Nathan Fillion Mulls Caskett Wedding Schedule
- Khloe Kardashian Feels her Failed Marriage with Lamar Odom Helped Cause Rob Kardashian's Depression
- These 2 Questions Reveal if You Unwittingly Abuse Alcohol
- Jennifer Lopez and Her Wild 45th Birthday Party: How JLo’s Life-Size Birthday Cake from SamiCakes Boutique Was Made
- Blake Griffin’s Back Injury Is the Reason for His Withdrawal from Team U.S.A.
- Supernatural Season 10 Spoilers: Metatron Capable of Saving Castiel's Fading Grace
- Anderson Silva To Test the Octagon Anew After Freak Leg Injury, To Fight Nick Diaz in 2015