Samsung Terrain Home Launcher: Battery Friendly, Pure Android, Google Now-Styled Cards and More
By Ryan Inoyori | June 19, 2014 3:53 PM EST
Samsung has released a new home replacement called Terrain Home for Android devices running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS or higher as an alternative launcher. It is 100 per cent Android, lightweight on the memory and will not kill your battery.
Terrain Home Launcher
A part of Samsung Accelerator has been released at the Google Play Store called Terrain Home and acts as an alternative home launcher for Android devices running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean or later.
It comes with Google Now-style cards which can be used as shortcuts to different applications and system functions. Moreover, the home replacement launcher features a Toolbox power control centre containing several toggles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and more. You can also access several feeds from social network accounts such as Facebook and Instagram, and news sites such as CNN and BBC from the available cards.
Swiping is one the main elements provided by the Samsung's new home launcher. You can access the sidebar by swiping from left to right while apps will appear if you do the other way around. Here are the features detailed by Samsung at the Play Store:
1. A Bird's Eye View with Smart Sidebar - curate all your favorite content (apps, tools, contacts, news, social) to view at a glance or dive in for a deeper look. The sidebar is easy to personalise; just pick the content you want from our free cards library and arrange your cards however you like.
2. Find Things Fast with Local Phone Search - quickly find any contact or app on your phone with just a swipe.
3. Stay Organised with Apps Drawer - we've cleaned up the Apps screen so it's easier to find the app you're looking for.
4. Navigate Quickly with Swipe Gestures - swipe right for Sidebar, up for Search, and left for Apps.
5. No Battery Impact - unlike other smart launchers, Terrain is optimised for efficiency and will not kill your battery.
6. Change Home Screen Icon Grid Size - adjust how many icons can fit on your home screen.
7. 100% Android -- everything you love about Android (widgets, home screens, adjustable grid size), plus more.
The Android 4.2 Jelly Bean condition may be the only requirement the app needs to run on any Android device as the home launcher works normally with Sony Xperia SP. You may download the APK installer in case your area is not supported by an app via Play Store.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe