Samsung Terrain Home Launcher: Battery Friendly, Pure Android, Google Now-Styled Cards and More
By Ryan Inoyori | June 19, 2014 3:53 PM EST
Samsung has released a new home replacement called Terrain Home for Android devices running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS or higher as an alternative launcher. It is 100 per cent Android, lightweight on the memory and will not kill your battery.
Terrain Home Launcher
A part of Samsung Accelerator has been released at the Google Play Store called Terrain Home and acts as an alternative home launcher for Android devices running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean or later.
It comes with Google Now-style cards which can be used as shortcuts to different applications and system functions. Moreover, the home replacement launcher features a Toolbox power control centre containing several toggles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and more. You can also access several feeds from social network accounts such as Facebook and Instagram, and news sites such as CNN and BBC from the available cards.
Swiping is one the main elements provided by the Samsung's new home launcher. You can access the sidebar by swiping from left to right while apps will appear if you do the other way around. Here are the features detailed by Samsung at the Play Store:
1. A Bird's Eye View with Smart Sidebar - curate all your favorite content (apps, tools, contacts, news, social) to view at a glance or dive in for a deeper look. The sidebar is easy to personalise; just pick the content you want from our free cards library and arrange your cards however you like.
2. Find Things Fast with Local Phone Search - quickly find any contact or app on your phone with just a swipe.
3. Stay Organised with Apps Drawer - we've cleaned up the Apps screen so it's easier to find the app you're looking for.
4. Navigate Quickly with Swipe Gestures - swipe right for Sidebar, up for Search, and left for Apps.
5. No Battery Impact - unlike other smart launchers, Terrain is optimised for efficiency and will not kill your battery.
6. Change Home Screen Icon Grid Size - adjust how many icons can fit on your home screen.
7. 100% Android -- everything you love about Android (widgets, home screens, adjustable grid size), plus more.
The Android 4.2 Jelly Bean condition may be the only requirement the app needs to run on any Android device as the home launcher works normally with Sony Xperia SP. You may download the APK installer in case your area is not supported by an app via Play Store.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6