Samsung Terrain Home Launcher: Battery Friendly, Pure Android, Google Now-Styled Cards and More
By Ryan Inoyori | June 19, 2014 3:53 PM EST
Samsung has released a new home replacement called Terrain Home for Android devices running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean OS or higher as an alternative launcher. It is 100 per cent Android, lightweight on the memory and will not kill your battery.
Terrain Home Launcher
A part of Samsung Accelerator has been released at the Google Play Store called Terrain Home and acts as an alternative home launcher for Android devices running Android 4.2 Jelly Bean or later.
It comes with Google Now-style cards which can be used as shortcuts to different applications and system functions. Moreover, the home replacement launcher features a Toolbox power control centre containing several toggles for Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and more. You can also access several feeds from social network accounts such as Facebook and Instagram, and news sites such as CNN and BBC from the available cards.
Swiping is one the main elements provided by the Samsung's new home launcher. You can access the sidebar by swiping from left to right while apps will appear if you do the other way around. Here are the features detailed by Samsung at the Play Store:
1. A Bird's Eye View with Smart Sidebar - curate all your favorite content (apps, tools, contacts, news, social) to view at a glance or dive in for a deeper look. The sidebar is easy to personalise; just pick the content you want from our free cards library and arrange your cards however you like.
2. Find Things Fast with Local Phone Search - quickly find any contact or app on your phone with just a swipe.
3. Stay Organised with Apps Drawer - we've cleaned up the Apps screen so it's easier to find the app you're looking for.
4. Navigate Quickly with Swipe Gestures - swipe right for Sidebar, up for Search, and left for Apps.
5. No Battery Impact - unlike other smart launchers, Terrain is optimised for efficiency and will not kill your battery.
6. Change Home Screen Icon Grid Size - adjust how many icons can fit on your home screen.
7. 100% Android -- everything you love about Android (widgets, home screens, adjustable grid size), plus more.
The Android 4.2 Jelly Bean condition may be the only requirement the app needs to run on any Android device as the home launcher works normally with Sony Xperia SP. You may download the APK installer in case your area is not supported by an app via Play Store.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- PS4 News: An Update On Project Morpheus And 2 More Games Coming To It
- Android L Rollout Prediction: Nexus 4, Moto X, HTC One, Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, LG G2
- ‘World Of Warcraft Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update For The Classes Including Druid, Rogue And Priest [WATCH VIDEO]
- LG G Flex vs. HTC One M8 Specs And Price Comparison In Australia
- 'Call Of Duty: Advanced Warfare' Details Exo Suit Options As A Potential Movie Leak Gets Spotted
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- Saudi Arabia: Brothers Beheaded For Smuggling Marijuana Into The Kingdom
- ISIS: More Journalists Beheading To Come After James Foley and Steven Sotloff [Video]
- Moto X+1 is Likely Nexus 6 Template; Motorola Shamu is 1st Android Silver with Snapdragon 810 – Reports
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- James Foley’s Executioner Has British Accent—A Chilling Reminder That ISIS Has Foreign Members
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6