Divergent Series Author Veronica Roth Explains New Book; Talks About Tris and Four Romance [WATCH VIDEO]
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 19, 2014 3:45 PM EST
In great anticipation of the movie adaptation of the "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent," series author Veronica Roth talked about her new book, which is the prequel to "Divergent" titled "Four: A Divergent Collection," featuring what appears to be Tobias Eaton's back story.
Cast members Shailene Woodley and Theo James pose at the premiere of "Divergent" in Los Angeles, California in this file photo taken March 18, 2014.
‘Insurgent’ Casting News: Rosa Salazar, Keiynan Lonsdale and More to Join Shailene Woodley and Theo James
‘Insurgent’ Casting News: Daniel Dae Kim to Play Jack Kang, Joins Shailene Woodley, Theo James and More
"Four/Tobias was someone in the back of my mind as someone who had a story to tell - a story I almost told," Veronica Roth told Refinery29. "When I went to write the prequel, I already had an idea of his history, so it was just a matter of putting it down on paper."
According to the "Divergent" series author, however, there was a tricky part in writing about Four, which story is reportedly set to hit bookstores on July 8, as it appears Theo James' character in the story is "very similar" to the story of Shailene Woodley's character, Tris.
Fans who have read the "Divergent" series and moviegoers who have watched the movie adaptation of the book may know that one of Woodley's and James' friends in "Divergent" has died, which put the two in a very similar situation. The same situation was what, according to Roth, had given her the challenge since she had to make sure that Tris and Four have stories that "feel as different as they are."
Since the initial publication of the first "Divergent" book in 2011, fans of the popular dystopian series have immensely grown, making the "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent" a highly-anticipated dystopian movie of 2015. And to further excite fans, Veronica Roth also talked to R29 about Shailene Woodley and Theo James' romance.
Roth explained that Tris and Four, played by Woodley and James, respectively, are both "growing" in their relationship.
"As far as Tris and Four go, my goal was really to be very honest about what they were thinking and the decisions that they are making . . . Tris is raised Abnegation, where they are not that into physical intimacy. And, she's also very protective of her body. She is through the whole series. But, she has big desires, she's attracted to Four, she trusts him, and they are growing in their relationship."
Fans of Shailene Woodley and Theo James will expect to see more of their romance in the "Divergent" sequel "Insurgent," which is reportedly set to hit theatres on March 20, 2015.
WATCH: "Insurgent" Official Book Trailer
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Walmart Early Price Matching Special Event On Nov. 21, 2014 Matches Its Competitors' Black Friday 2014 Prices And Includes Exclusive Deals For Samsung LED HDTVs And iPad Air 2 [WATCH VIDEO]
- US Plane Flying Over Russian Skies Spotted; Vladimir Putin Ready For 'Practical Cooperation' With US
- Black Friday 2014 Sale: Top Deals On Game Consoles Xbox One, PS4, Nintendo Wii U And More
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- Alleged 'Microsoft Lumia 1030' Front Panel Leaked With Capacitive Buttons; 'Xbox One' Owners To Get Free Goodies On Anniversary
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- Cold War 2: Russia, China And North Korea’s Blacklisted Company Fortify Alliance -- Reports