Nokia XL Top 5 Known Issues Reported and Workarounds Provided By Users
By Ryan Inoyori | June 19, 2014 3:40 PM EST
Nokia XL may be praised for running Android OS but users have complained several issues about their experience. Double tap, picture quality, stuck charging level, poor call quality and vertical lines on screen are just some of the problems reported by owners.
Unresponsive Double Tap
Double tapping on Nokia XL's display screen will wake it up but some users are complaining about its responsiveness. There is no specific cause on why the feature malfunctions from time to time and Nokia may possibly release an update to address the problem.
These are simple workarounds provided by some users who experienced the unresponsive double tap.
1. Instead of double tapping, triple tap on the display screen.
2. Double tap with some pressure.
3. Use the side of your fingernails instead to wake the screen.
Stuck Charging Level
There are reports that Nokia XL suffers from stuck charging level wherein the battery won't go up or down during the recharging and discharging cycle. It is unknown yet if any apps might have caused the problem.
Workaround: Restarting the smartphone will display the actual battery life. This is a temporary solution and the issue may still arise in the future.
Low light condition seems to be a big deal with Nokia XL as some users reported poor quality on dim-lit areas.
Workarounds: In order to increase the quality under low light scenes, change the setting of the brightness from auto to level 2 or 3. Tweak other camera settings as well to determine the best possible quality.
A user reported that Nokia XL suffers from poor audio quality during voice calls and it can happen on either incoming or outgoing call. Unfortunately, there is no workaround yet on this problem and the bug may even occur at maximum volume level.
Vertical Lines on the Screen
Vertical lines may appear on the display screen of Nokia XL and it is primarily caused by defected hardware components. According to Nokia, a user may perform a Factory Reset to resolve the vertical lines after creating a backup. If not, the user must proceed to the nearest service centre or the retailer to ask for warranty options.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
- Taylor Swift's Famous Ex-Boyfriends: From Harry Styles To Joe Jonas [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- 'The Sims 4' First Expansion Pack To Roll Out Tomorrow With Halloween Theme Via Teaser Images
- The Pirate Bay Contains Malicious Advertisements: Using TPB Can Infect Your Computer With Malware
- Sony Xperia Z3X Expectations: Snapdragon 810 64-Bit Processor, No 4K Overheating And Longer 4K Videos
- Windows Insider Program: How to Get Windows 10 the Next Generation Operating System
- 'Dragon Age Inquisition' Main Customisations: Race And Class Setup, Alchemy, Grenades, Weapon And Armour Crafting
- 3 Signs Nexus 6, 8 Release Date Nears: Leaked Pics, KitKat Factory Image & Android L Details Emerge
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Available Through O2 For £380, Other Carriers To Follow Soon
- ISIS Supporters are Walking Among the Many in the United States – Report
- ISIS Receives Food, Ammunition Due To Mistake Of Iraqi Pilots
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build