With Upcoming Microsoft Surface Pro 3, Surface Pro 2 Price Drops
By Naveena Joy | June 19, 2014 3:09 PM EST
Although the price cut is not that high yet, Microsoft reduces the cost by $100 in some of the models and others by $200 each. In May, the company cut prices of Surface Pro 2 in UK by up to $254, giving the same saving opportunities in other countries like France.
The company has now brought in the saving option in the U.S. through the Microsoft Store by providing Pro 2 at a low price. The entry level 64 GB, Core i5-based Surface Pro 2 is now available at $799 instead of $899. This makes it similar to the price of 64 GB Pro 3.
The 128 GB Pro 2 also slashed down its price by $100 while the high-end 256 GB and 512 GB models have $200 price cut. The 512 GB Pro 2 now costs $1599 instead of $1799, although it is currently out of stock. But the 512 GB Pro 3 is available for pre-order at $1949.
Out of the two models of the Core i5-based Surface Pro 3, only one model will be available initially. The 128 GB version will be priced at $999 along with Intel Core i5 releasing on June 30. The 256 GB model will cost $1299.
The Core i3 and i7 of Pro 3 are larger, powerful and advanced than its predecessor, Surface Pro 2, which will available at the end of August. It is predicted the prices of Surface Pro 3 will be further reduced.
Cnet reported customers who already ordered the i5 version of Surface Pro 3 have been notified about the shipping of their devices. But when Microsoft made Surface Pro 3 available for pre-order in the U.S., shipping date will be June 20. This date is also when i5-based Pro 3 will be available in stores.
Cnet further reported Microsoft faces problems of insufficient supply of previously released Surfaces due to high demand. This might be the issue for Surface Pro 3 and has shifted the shipping date of 128 GB model from June 20 to June 30. This was proved by Surface Chief Panos Panay when during the company's introduction of Surface Pro 3 in the previous month. He said Microsoft will no longer make Surface Pro 2 devices.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Gennady Golovkin Next Fight Options: Canelo Alvarez, Miguel Cotto Or Julio Cesar Chavez Jr.
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Sony Xperia Z3, Z1, Z1 Compact And Z Ultra Latest Firmware 23.0.A.2.108 And 14.4.A.0.155 Certified
- Qualcomm Snapdragon 64-Bit Octa-Core CPU Expected On Samsung Galaxy S6 And Sony Xperia Z4
- Android 5.0 Lollipop For Sony Xperia Z Devices Arriving By 2015; Z Ultra GPE Update Confirmed In 2014
- Nexus 9 NVIDIA Tegra K1 Beats Nexus 6 Adreno 420, Galaxy Note 4 Mali T-760 In GPU Tests
- Android 5.0 Lollipop SDK Makes Rooting More Difficult And Overriding Impose Serious Risk To Attacks
- No Mercy: ISIS, Father Stones to Death Daughter for Alleged Adultery
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Date is Doomed as Team Evad3rs Opts Out, Pangu Hits Snag – Report
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Google Nexus 6 vs. iPhone 5S: 4 Important Things to Consider Before Switching to Android Lollipop
- Swedish Military Spots ‘Russian Submarine’ Off Stockholm Coast, An Alarming ‘Security Game Changer’