Elly Oh: The Voice Australia Contestant Reveals Rejection in Becoming a K-Pop Star, Instructed to 'Fix' Her Face
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 19, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Elly Oh, the South Korean-born contestant of "The Voice" Australia, recently shared about being rejected in the past while trying to make it in the music scene. The 29-year-old Sydney music teacher revealed that she wanted to become a K-Pop star but did not succeed because she got criticized for her looks.
In the Sydney Morning Herald report, Elly Oh admitted that a management company said no to her when she tried to enter the K-Pop scene. "I wanted to become a K-Pop singer when I was 18 but at the time, back then I had some issues. Some management company said I have to fix my face first," Elly Oh shared to SBS Pop Asia.
The singer further shared that she is not "the pretty face" in Korea. However, Elly Oh feels lucky now that the people in Australia tell her that she is "very cute." According to the SBS News report, Elly Oh's revelation did not surprise the K-Pop fans but they have expressed their support for "The Voice" contestant.
At the moment, Elly Oh is a rising star in Australia as she battles her way to get the 2014 "The Voice" Australia title in the reality TV singing competition. The singer's chance of winning "The Voice" this season appears to have gone up after she performed singer Jessie J's single titled "Mamma Knows Best."
When asked about what she thinks of mentor Ricky Martin, Elly Oh confessed that the 42-year-old Puerto Rican singer is so good looking resembling to "a Michelangelo." The K-Pop music scene has rejected Elly Oh in the past but "The Voice" singer shared that she is not ruling out a music career in South Korea.
Oh further revealed that she plans to work in other countries like Australia, the UK and the United States. As for the music artist that she dreams of working with, Elly Oh revealed that she would love to collaborate with South Korean superstar and "Gangnam Style" singer Psy.
Credit: YouTube/The Voice Australia
More Articles to Read:
'The Voice Australia' Season 3 (2014) Episode 18 Spoilers, Recap: What Happens in Sing Off Round; Performances and Eliminations - [READ]
Frozen's Queen Elsa Lookalike Anna Faith Carlson Becomes Viral, Teenager Wishes to Land the Role in 'Once Upon a Time' - [READ]
Miranda Kerr: Aussie Supermodel Poses on a Motorbike for Latest Photo Shoot, Talks about Failed Marriage with Orlando Bloom - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘Guardians Of The Galaxy 2’ Nebula Is Alive And James Gunn Wants Fans To See More Of Her
- Selena Gomez And Justin Bieber: Songstress Fears Pregnancy After Experiencing Pregnancy Symptoms—Report
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7, Episode 12 Spoilers: Katey Sagal On Gemma Teller’s Fate in ‘Red Rose’ [VIDEO]
- ‘The Big Bang Theory’ Season 8 Spoilers: Episode 11 On Hold, Return Date, Title And Synopsis Of New Episode
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Target’s ‘Surprise Doorbusters’ Black Friday 2014 Deals On TV Sets, Entertainment Centres, DVD Players And More
- IKEA Black Friday 2014 Ad Includes Discounts On Home Furnishings, Appliances, Kitchen Designs, Beds, Sofas, Mattresses And Toys
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- Revealed: Vladimir Putin Plotting To Invade Europe – Report
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments
- Bill Clinton At It Again, Caught By Camera In Jerusalem Peeking At Woman’s Breast