Elly Oh: The Voice Australia Contestant Reveals Rejection in Becoming a K-Pop Star, Instructed to 'Fix' Her Face
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 19, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Elly Oh, the South Korean-born contestant of "The Voice" Australia, recently shared about being rejected in the past while trying to make it in the music scene. The 29-year-old Sydney music teacher revealed that she wanted to become a K-Pop star but did not succeed because she got criticized for her looks.
In the Sydney Morning Herald report, Elly Oh admitted that a management company said no to her when she tried to enter the K-Pop scene. "I wanted to become a K-Pop singer when I was 18 but at the time, back then I had some issues. Some management company said I have to fix my face first," Elly Oh shared to SBS Pop Asia.
The singer further shared that she is not "the pretty face" in Korea. However, Elly Oh feels lucky now that the people in Australia tell her that she is "very cute." According to the SBS News report, Elly Oh's revelation did not surprise the K-Pop fans but they have expressed their support for "The Voice" contestant.
At the moment, Elly Oh is a rising star in Australia as she battles her way to get the 2014 "The Voice" Australia title in the reality TV singing competition. The singer's chance of winning "The Voice" this season appears to have gone up after she performed singer Jessie J's single titled "Mamma Knows Best."
When asked about what she thinks of mentor Ricky Martin, Elly Oh confessed that the 42-year-old Puerto Rican singer is so good looking resembling to "a Michelangelo." The K-Pop music scene has rejected Elly Oh in the past but "The Voice" singer shared that she is not ruling out a music career in South Korea.
Oh further revealed that she plans to work in other countries like Australia, the UK and the United States. As for the music artist that she dreams of working with, Elly Oh revealed that she would love to collaborate with South Korean superstar and "Gangnam Style" singer Psy.
Credit: YouTube/The Voice Australia
More Articles to Read:
'The Voice Australia' Season 3 (2014) Episode 18 Spoilers, Recap: What Happens in Sing Off Round; Performances and Eliminations - [READ]
Frozen's Queen Elsa Lookalike Anna Faith Carlson Becomes Viral, Teenager Wishes to Land the Role in 'Once Upon a Time' - [READ]
Miranda Kerr: Aussie Supermodel Poses on a Motorbike for Latest Photo Shoot, Talks about Failed Marriage with Orlando Bloom - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
- Lunch with the Gods: Pope Francis Eats with Vatican Workers in Cafeteria
Join the Conversation
- Kylie Jenner Shamed for Range Rover Boasts
- Maksim Chmerkovskiy Exits DWTS For Jennifer Lopez --- Reports
- Kate Middleton & Prince William Vacation Plans: Visit Prince Charles & Camilla Parker-Bowles
- 'The Expendables 3' Torrent Leak: The Box-Office Numbers to Get Affected
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 6 Most Wanted Feature Upgrades for Next iPhone
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- LG G2 Android 4.4.4 KitKat Guide: When to Hit Your Region and How to Install
- Update Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini with Android 4.4.2 KitKat
- LG G3 To Debut Moon Violet and Burgundy Red Shades in August; Upcoming LG Devices Roundup