Elly Oh: The Voice Australia Contestant Reveals Rejection in Becoming a K-Pop Star, Instructed to 'Fix' Her Face
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 19, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Elly Oh, the South Korean-born contestant of "The Voice" Australia, recently shared about being rejected in the past while trying to make it in the music scene. The 29-year-old Sydney music teacher revealed that she wanted to become a K-Pop star but did not succeed because she got criticized for her looks.
In the Sydney Morning Herald report, Elly Oh admitted that a management company said no to her when she tried to enter the K-Pop scene. "I wanted to become a K-Pop singer when I was 18 but at the time, back then I had some issues. Some management company said I have to fix my face first," Elly Oh shared to SBS Pop Asia.
The singer further shared that she is not "the pretty face" in Korea. However, Elly Oh feels lucky now that the people in Australia tell her that she is "very cute." According to the SBS News report, Elly Oh's revelation did not surprise the K-Pop fans but they have expressed their support for "The Voice" contestant.
At the moment, Elly Oh is a rising star in Australia as she battles her way to get the 2014 "The Voice" Australia title in the reality TV singing competition. The singer's chance of winning "The Voice" this season appears to have gone up after she performed singer Jessie J's single titled "Mamma Knows Best."
When asked about what she thinks of mentor Ricky Martin, Elly Oh confessed that the 42-year-old Puerto Rican singer is so good looking resembling to "a Michelangelo." The K-Pop music scene has rejected Elly Oh in the past but "The Voice" singer shared that she is not ruling out a music career in South Korea.
Oh further revealed that she plans to work in other countries like Australia, the UK and the United States. As for the music artist that she dreams of working with, Elly Oh revealed that she would love to collaborate with South Korean superstar and "Gangnam Style" singer Psy.
Credit: YouTube/The Voice Australia
More Articles to Read:
'The Voice Australia' Season 3 (2014) Episode 18 Spoilers, Recap: What Happens in Sing Off Round; Performances and Eliminations - [READ]
Frozen's Queen Elsa Lookalike Anna Faith Carlson Becomes Viral, Teenager Wishes to Land the Role in 'Once Upon a Time' - [READ]
Miranda Kerr: Aussie Supermodel Poses on a Motorbike for Latest Photo Shoot, Talks about Failed Marriage with Orlando Bloom - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘Mad Men’ Season 7 [Final Season] Update: Jon Hamm Talks About Surprises And Things Looking Up
- Nina Dobrev Moves On From Ian Somerhalder: ‘TVD’ Actress Trying To Reconcile With Ex, ‘DWTS’ Star Derek Hough—Report Suggests
- ‘Game of Thrones’ Season 5 Casting: Brothel Guard, Military Officer And More
- Google Nexus 6 Release Date on Q4 2014 Confirmed by T-Mobile Featuring Wi-Fi Calling
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs. BlackBerry Passport — Specifications, Features, Release Date And Price Showdown
- 3 Signs Apple iPhone 6 Could be in Short Supply Following its Sept 19 Release Date
- Australia Actively Rallying Support For International Coalition Against ISIS
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1