Elly Oh: The Voice Australia Contestant Reveals Rejection in Becoming a K-Pop Star, Instructed to 'Fix' Her Face
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 19, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Elly Oh, the South Korean-born contestant of "The Voice" Australia, recently shared about being rejected in the past while trying to make it in the music scene. The 29-year-old Sydney music teacher revealed that she wanted to become a K-Pop star but did not succeed because she got criticized for her looks.
In the Sydney Morning Herald report, Elly Oh admitted that a management company said no to her when she tried to enter the K-Pop scene. "I wanted to become a K-Pop singer when I was 18 but at the time, back then I had some issues. Some management company said I have to fix my face first," Elly Oh shared to SBS Pop Asia.
The singer further shared that she is not "the pretty face" in Korea. However, Elly Oh feels lucky now that the people in Australia tell her that she is "very cute." According to the SBS News report, Elly Oh's revelation did not surprise the K-Pop fans but they have expressed their support for "The Voice" contestant.
At the moment, Elly Oh is a rising star in Australia as she battles her way to get the 2014 "The Voice" Australia title in the reality TV singing competition. The singer's chance of winning "The Voice" this season appears to have gone up after she performed singer Jessie J's single titled "Mamma Knows Best."
When asked about what she thinks of mentor Ricky Martin, Elly Oh confessed that the 42-year-old Puerto Rican singer is so good looking resembling to "a Michelangelo." The K-Pop music scene has rejected Elly Oh in the past but "The Voice" singer shared that she is not ruling out a music career in South Korea.
Oh further revealed that she plans to work in other countries like Australia, the UK and the United States. As for the music artist that she dreams of working with, Elly Oh revealed that she would love to collaborate with South Korean superstar and "Gangnam Style" singer Psy.
Credit: YouTube/The Voice Australia
More Articles to Read:
'The Voice Australia' Season 3 (2014) Episode 18 Spoilers, Recap: What Happens in Sing Off Round; Performances and Eliminations - [READ]
Frozen's Queen Elsa Lookalike Anna Faith Carlson Becomes Viral, Teenager Wishes to Land the Role in 'Once Upon a Time' - [READ]
Miranda Kerr: Aussie Supermodel Poses on a Motorbike for Latest Photo Shoot, Talks about Failed Marriage with Orlando Bloom - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Kate Middleton Suffocated in Kensington Palace, Queen Elizabeth Reported War With The Duchess [PHOTOS]
- Chris Martin Dating Reports: Jennifer Lawrence Vs Gwyneth Paltrow [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Everything To Know [PHOTOS]
- British Style Icon Kate Middleton Fashion Talk With Camilla Parker-Bowles Daughter-In-Law [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 21, 2014: A Party For Hope And Wyatt Affects Liam’s Pride In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 1 Teaser Video: ‘What’s Coming Next’
- ‘The Bold And The Beautiful’ Spoilers For Aug. 22, 2014: Liam’s Confession About Paris To Hope And Deacon’s Revelation To Brooke In ‘B&B’ [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Suits' RECAP Season 4 Episode 10 [Mid-Season Finale]: Louis Finds Out About Mike's Truth In This Is Rome [SPOILERS]
- Chuck Zito Apologises For Offensive Comment On Christy Mack Beating
- 4.7-Inch, 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 Models Confirmed with Similar Build, Cam Features & 300+ Screen Pixels on Release Date
- James Foley Beheading Video Has Play-Acting Portions – Video Experts Say
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date, iPhone 6C or 6L Anticipation: Three Things Should Matter To New Phone Shoppers
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs iPhone 6: Why Forecasts Favor Mi4 as The Next Best Phone Against iPhone 6
- James Foley: More Chilling Information Revealed By Escaped Journalists
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE Android 4.4.2, Android 4.4.4Guide: Installation and When to Hit Your Region
- Companies Push Back IPO Plans Due to Mega Alibaba Share Launch