Elly Oh: The Voice Australia Contestant Reveals Rejection in Becoming a K-Pop Star, Instructed to 'Fix' Her Face
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 19, 2014 2:15 PM EST
Elly Oh, the South Korean-born contestant of "The Voice" Australia, recently shared about being rejected in the past while trying to make it in the music scene. The 29-year-old Sydney music teacher revealed that she wanted to become a K-Pop star but did not succeed because she got criticized for her looks.
In the Sydney Morning Herald report, Elly Oh admitted that a management company said no to her when she tried to enter the K-Pop scene. "I wanted to become a K-Pop singer when I was 18 but at the time, back then I had some issues. Some management company said I have to fix my face first," Elly Oh shared to SBS Pop Asia.
The singer further shared that she is not "the pretty face" in Korea. However, Elly Oh feels lucky now that the people in Australia tell her that she is "very cute." According to the SBS News report, Elly Oh's revelation did not surprise the K-Pop fans but they have expressed their support for "The Voice" contestant.
At the moment, Elly Oh is a rising star in Australia as she battles her way to get the 2014 "The Voice" Australia title in the reality TV singing competition. The singer's chance of winning "The Voice" this season appears to have gone up after she performed singer Jessie J's single titled "Mamma Knows Best."
When asked about what she thinks of mentor Ricky Martin, Elly Oh confessed that the 42-year-old Puerto Rican singer is so good looking resembling to "a Michelangelo." The K-Pop music scene has rejected Elly Oh in the past but "The Voice" singer shared that she is not ruling out a music career in South Korea.
Oh further revealed that she plans to work in other countries like Australia, the UK and the United States. As for the music artist that she dreams of working with, Elly Oh revealed that she would love to collaborate with South Korean superstar and "Gangnam Style" singer Psy.
Credit: YouTube/The Voice Australia
More Articles to Read:
'The Voice Australia' Season 3 (2014) Episode 18 Spoilers, Recap: What Happens in Sing Off Round; Performances and Eliminations - [READ]
Frozen's Queen Elsa Lookalike Anna Faith Carlson Becomes Viral, Teenager Wishes to Land the Role in 'Once Upon a Time' - [READ]
Miranda Kerr: Aussie Supermodel Poses on a Motorbike for Latest Photo Shoot, Talks about Failed Marriage with Orlando Bloom - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- ‘General Hospital’ Spoilers From Nov. 24-28, 2014 Plus Additional Spoilers For Dec. 1, 2014: Thanksgiving In Port Charles
- 'Fast & Furious 7': New Brian O' Connor And Dominic Toretto Scene Surfaces
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 7 Major Spoilers: Daryl Dixon Is Thoughtful in ‘Crossed’
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers From Nov. 24-26, 2014: The Forresters, Logans And Spencers Will Celebrate Thanksgiving Day At The Forrester Mansion
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Promo Video And Synopsis For Episode 9 Titled ‘I Alone’ Tease Continuation Of Mission To Bring Bonnie Back [WATCH]
- Walmart Pre-Black Friday 2014 Sale On Nov. 21, 2014 Includes Discounts On The 'NBA 2K15' For PS4 And The 'Skylanders Trap Team’ Starter Kit [WATCH VIDEO]
- More Bad News for Android 5.0 Lollipop As Problems Come In for Nexus and Other Devices
- US To Supply Defensive Lethal Weapons To Kiev – A Vey Alarming Signal, Says Russia
- Amazon Black Friday 2014 Deals Start On Nov. 21, 2014 Including Limited-Time Lightning Deals And Deals Of The Day On Clothes, Toys, Jewelry, Watches, Bags, Accessories And Electronics
- Travel Alert: New Delta Air Lines Airbuses Could Be Seen In Australia Soon
- Walmart Canada Feeling The Heat As Grocery War Intensifies
- Travel Alert: Frequent Flyer Tie-Up Between Virgin Australia, South African Airways Enhanced