PS4 News: Upcoming Firmware Updates, PlayStation TV Detailed and Destiny and Diablo III’s Possible PS4 Bundle
By Gel Galang | June 19, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Sony is hard at work on the PS4, and the fruits of labor may be seen in a few days' time, if a report quoting an insider is to be believed.
A PlayStation 4 controller is displayed at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
It seems that Tidux, known insider, has teased that the PS4 may be getting a new firmware and improvements for its UI, reports Gamepur. This was taken from a tweet that revealed that over 100 people are currently in the drawing boards to work on the User Interface improvement for the PS4.
The source also adds that Tidux has hinted on the testing of the PS4 firmware, though no details of any kind of have been related to the report. All that players can take at face value right now would be Tidux's record of leaked information, most of which are pretty good and come before the official announcement.
PlayStation TV Details and an Amazon Deal
The newly announced PlayStation TV has become a source of speculation on how the PlayStation can now counter the Xbox One in terms of its media content and capabilities.
The PlayStation TV is pretty much the device to stream, download and play games, which can serve as either a second console for anywhere else in the home as a complement to your PlayStation console.
Currently, Sony has announced that there are already a number of PS Vita, PSOne and PSP games that can be streamed with the PlayStation TV, as well as a way to stream games directly via PlayStation Now. In the media department, the PlayStation TV also has download, rent or stream capabilities for movies, TV shows and music from various entertainment apps.
After its showcasing at the E3 2014, Destructoid has spotted an Amazon preorder deal that slashes off a $10 coupon for your preorder of the device, and you can get it as either just the PS TV or as a bundle with the DualShock 3.
PS4 Coming with Destiny and Diablo III?
Bundles for games have not been lacking when it comes to the PS4 or the Xbox One, but it seems that the next thing would be digital copies bundled together with the consoles.
Quoting an analyst from Baird, GameSpot reports that PS4 consoles may be sold together with digital copies of Activision games like "Destiny" and "Diablo III" as early as fall of this year.
Of course, there are possible contradictions to this claim, seeing as how some of Activision's games come to the Xbox consoles first, such as the "Call of Duty" franchise, but given that the games will only be downloaded onto the PS4 consoles but are still required to be purchased separately, the timing of availability and purchase may be a good way to set the time-exclusivity.
For now, Activision or Sony have not yet given their official statements on whether they will be pursuing this option for future PS4 consoles.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Kobani ISIS Fighter Sends Out Desperate Message For Prayers And Support: Euphoria Turns Into Desperation As Kurds Advance
- Home Depot Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Up To Nov. 29, 2014 Includes Special Buys On Appliances Such As Samsung Refrigerators, Whirlpool Electric Ranges And Hoover Vacuum Cleaners
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- ISIS War: US Airstrikes Lead to Growing ISIS Support In Syria; Russia Questions Coalition's Policies
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]