PS4 News: Upcoming Firmware Updates, PlayStation TV Detailed and Destiny and Diablo III’s Possible PS4 Bundle
By Gel Galang | June 19, 2014 1:53 PM EST
Sony is hard at work on the PS4, and the fruits of labor may be seen in a few days' time, if a report quoting an insider is to be believed.
A PlayStation 4 controller is displayed at the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014.
It seems that Tidux, known insider, has teased that the PS4 may be getting a new firmware and improvements for its UI, reports Gamepur. This was taken from a tweet that revealed that over 100 people are currently in the drawing boards to work on the User Interface improvement for the PS4.
The source also adds that Tidux has hinted on the testing of the PS4 firmware, though no details of any kind of have been related to the report. All that players can take at face value right now would be Tidux's record of leaked information, most of which are pretty good and come before the official announcement.
PlayStation TV Details and an Amazon Deal
The newly announced PlayStation TV has become a source of speculation on how the PlayStation can now counter the Xbox One in terms of its media content and capabilities.
The PlayStation TV is pretty much the device to stream, download and play games, which can serve as either a second console for anywhere else in the home as a complement to your PlayStation console.
Currently, Sony has announced that there are already a number of PS Vita, PSOne and PSP games that can be streamed with the PlayStation TV, as well as a way to stream games directly via PlayStation Now. In the media department, the PlayStation TV also has download, rent or stream capabilities for movies, TV shows and music from various entertainment apps.
After its showcasing at the E3 2014, Destructoid has spotted an Amazon preorder deal that slashes off a $10 coupon for your preorder of the device, and you can get it as either just the PS TV or as a bundle with the DualShock 3.
PS4 Coming with Destiny and Diablo III?
Bundles for games have not been lacking when it comes to the PS4 or the Xbox One, but it seems that the next thing would be digital copies bundled together with the consoles.
Quoting an analyst from Baird, GameSpot reports that PS4 consoles may be sold together with digital copies of Activision games like "Destiny" and "Diablo III" as early as fall of this year.
Of course, there are possible contradictions to this claim, seeing as how some of Activision's games come to the Xbox consoles first, such as the "Call of Duty" franchise, but given that the games will only be downloaded onto the PS4 consoles but are still required to be purchased separately, the timing of availability and purchase may be a good way to set the time-exclusivity.
For now, Activision or Sony have not yet given their official statements on whether they will be pursuing this option for future PS4 consoles.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- 2014 MTV Video Music Awards: Full List Of Winners, Miley Cyrus ‘Wrecking Ball’ Bags Video Of The Year [PHOTOS]
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- Kate Middleton First Official Solo Trip: Details For Malta Tour Revealed [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘Dark Souls 2 Crown Of The Old Iron King’ DLC For PlayStation 3, XBox 360 And PC Released On Aug. 26, 2014 [WATCH VIDEO]
- Windows Phone 8.1, Nokia Lumia Cyan Update: All Supported Devices In Various Regions As Of August
- Robin Williams to Be Honoured As A Character In 'World Of Warcraft: Warlords Of Draenor'
- Hypersonic Travel: Can Space Tourism be a Possibility
- Nokia Lumia 530: Windows Phone Handset Now On Sale In The UK With £87 Price
- Why Moto X is Not the Best Smartphone to Purchase Now?
- Nexus 6 Release Date Will Intro Android 5.0 aka Lemon Meringue Pie with Killer Specs & Features
- Hundreds of Men Rape Teen for Three Years
- Apple iPhone 6 Release Date Two Weeks to Go Starting at $800 with New Phosphorus HealthKit Chip
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Mini vs. LG G3 S (aka LG G3 Beat, LG G3 Mini) – Specs, Features And Price Showdown
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Bill Shorten Calls Tony Abbott 'Ineligible' To Lead Australia; Government Party-Room Leaks On Abbott'sTravel Entitlements