Captain America 3 Villain: Crossbones Actor Frank Grillo Optimistic
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 1:36 PM EST
After a solid performance in "Captain America: Winter Soldier," Frank Grillo is optimistic that he will reprise his role as the villain S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones in "Captain America 3."
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
In "Captain America: Winter Soldier" Brock Rumlow suffered a bloody fate at the hands of The Falcon after a climactic battle scene, where he is left alone in the rubble. However, Frank Grillo is optimistic that that's not the last "Captain America" fans would see of Crossbones.
Speaking with Collider, Frank Grillo is optimistic that he will be reprising his role as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones in "Captain America 3."
"I mean, I'm cautiously optimist that you will see me in the not too distant future in the next installment of Captain America," he said.
It was reportedly not guaranteed that Brock Rumlow would make his way into another "Captain America" film but Grillo confirmed that he was prepared for the possibility the moment he signed on for "Captain America: Winter Soldier."
"Very early on the Russos said, 'Look, this is an origin film for this character. We're gonna discover who this is and this is a big movie with a lot of moving parts, but we're gonna discover you in this film," Grillo said.
"It's obvious Rumlow is covered in rubble and burned to crisp at the end, but you see he's still there. They don't do that for no reason," he added.
Frank Grillo also hinted at his return as Brock Rumlow in "Captain America 3" when he talked about the costume Crossbones was going to wear after the battle scene with The Falcon left Rumlow with some nasty scars.
"He needs a costume! Coincidentally it could be a mask with crossbones on it," he said.
Sciencefiction also reported that Frank Grillo had signed a multi-picture deal with Marvel. So while it's still not confirmed that he will reprise his role as Brock Rumlow or Crossbones, he still has a good shot at returning for future installments.
In the Marvel Comics Universe, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow is actually the alter-ego of the mercenary Crossbones. He usually appears as a henchman of the Red Skull who carried out the assassination of Captain America.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Top 5 Richest Tennis Athletes
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Hilarious Reactions For Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt’s Secret Wedding: George Clooney, Jennifer Aniston, Billy Bob Thornton
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Episode 6 Spoilers: Next Week Tests Relationships And Sees A Shocking Exit
- Mila Kunis-Ashton Kutcher Baby; Actor ‘Not Letting Mila Out Of His Sight’
- ‘Sons of Anarchy’ Season 7 Exclusive New Trailer, Charlie Hunnam Is Guy Ritchie’s Choice For King Arthur [VIDEO]
- ‘Castle’ Update: Watch Stana Katic, Jon, Seamus Take Bucket Challenge At Season 7 Set, Nathan Fillion Missing [VIDEOS]
- Apple iWatch is iPhone 6 Accessory on Sept 19 Release Date: 6 Confirmed Specs & Features
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Windows 9 To Include Interactive Live Tiles and Notification Center in Metro 2.0