Captain America 3 Villain: Crossbones Actor Frank Grillo Optimistic
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 1:36 PM EST
After a solid performance in "Captain America: Winter Soldier," Frank Grillo is optimistic that he will reprise his role as the villain S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones in "Captain America 3."
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
In "Captain America: Winter Soldier" Brock Rumlow suffered a bloody fate at the hands of The Falcon after a climactic battle scene, where he is left alone in the rubble. However, Frank Grillo is optimistic that that's not the last "Captain America" fans would see of Crossbones.
Speaking with Collider, Frank Grillo is optimistic that he will be reprising his role as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones in "Captain America 3."
"I mean, I'm cautiously optimist that you will see me in the not too distant future in the next installment of Captain America," he said.
It was reportedly not guaranteed that Brock Rumlow would make his way into another "Captain America" film but Grillo confirmed that he was prepared for the possibility the moment he signed on for "Captain America: Winter Soldier."
"Very early on the Russos said, 'Look, this is an origin film for this character. We're gonna discover who this is and this is a big movie with a lot of moving parts, but we're gonna discover you in this film," Grillo said.
"It's obvious Rumlow is covered in rubble and burned to crisp at the end, but you see he's still there. They don't do that for no reason," he added.
Frank Grillo also hinted at his return as Brock Rumlow in "Captain America 3" when he talked about the costume Crossbones was going to wear after the battle scene with The Falcon left Rumlow with some nasty scars.
"He needs a costume! Coincidentally it could be a mask with crossbones on it," he said.
Sciencefiction also reported that Frank Grillo had signed a multi-picture deal with Marvel. So while it's still not confirmed that he will reprise his role as Brock Rumlow or Crossbones, he still has a good shot at returning for future installments.
In the Marvel Comics Universe, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow is actually the alter-ego of the mercenary Crossbones. He usually appears as a henchman of the Red Skull who carried out the assassination of Captain America.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Will Name Second Child Diana, Camilla Parker-Bowles Not Invited to Prince George’s Birthday - Reports
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Ian Somerhalder and Nina Dobrev Drama: Heartbroken The Vampire Diaries Actress Reacts to Nikki Reed Dating News—Report
- Kanye West Abandons Kim Kardashian after 58 Days of Marriage – Reports
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- HTC Google Nexus 8 Release Date Imminent with New Nexus 7 Deals, Two New Tablets Soon
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air