Captain America 3 Villain: Crossbones Actor Frank Grillo Optimistic
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 1:36 PM EST
After a solid performance in "Captain America: Winter Soldier," Frank Grillo is optimistic that he will reprise his role as the villain S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones in "Captain America 3."
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
In "Captain America: Winter Soldier" Brock Rumlow suffered a bloody fate at the hands of The Falcon after a climactic battle scene, where he is left alone in the rubble. However, Frank Grillo is optimistic that that's not the last "Captain America" fans would see of Crossbones.
Speaking with Collider, Frank Grillo is optimistic that he will be reprising his role as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones in "Captain America 3."
"I mean, I'm cautiously optimist that you will see me in the not too distant future in the next installment of Captain America," he said.
It was reportedly not guaranteed that Brock Rumlow would make his way into another "Captain America" film but Grillo confirmed that he was prepared for the possibility the moment he signed on for "Captain America: Winter Soldier."
"Very early on the Russos said, 'Look, this is an origin film for this character. We're gonna discover who this is and this is a big movie with a lot of moving parts, but we're gonna discover you in this film," Grillo said.
"It's obvious Rumlow is covered in rubble and burned to crisp at the end, but you see he's still there. They don't do that for no reason," he added.
Frank Grillo also hinted at his return as Brock Rumlow in "Captain America 3" when he talked about the costume Crossbones was going to wear after the battle scene with The Falcon left Rumlow with some nasty scars.
"He needs a costume! Coincidentally it could be a mask with crossbones on it," he said.
Sciencefiction also reported that Frank Grillo had signed a multi-picture deal with Marvel. So while it's still not confirmed that he will reprise his role as Brock Rumlow or Crossbones, he still has a good shot at returning for future installments.
In the Marvel Comics Universe, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow is actually the alter-ego of the mercenary Crossbones. He usually appears as a henchman of the Red Skull who carried out the assassination of Captain America.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- The Bachelor Australia’ Season 2 Spoilers: Curly Hair Bachelorette’s Exit In Episode 16, Blake Talks About Laurina And Why He Rubbed His Eye
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Amazon Announces Kindle Fire HD 6, Kindle Fire HD 7 Tablets; Official Release Date Is Oct 2