Captain America 3 Villain: Crossbones Actor Frank Grillo Optimistic
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 1:36 PM EST
After a solid performance in "Captain America: Winter Soldier," Frank Grillo is optimistic that he will reprise his role as the villain S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones in "Captain America 3."
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
In "Captain America: Winter Soldier" Brock Rumlow suffered a bloody fate at the hands of The Falcon after a climactic battle scene, where he is left alone in the rubble. However, Frank Grillo is optimistic that that's not the last "Captain America" fans would see of Crossbones.
Speaking with Collider, Frank Grillo is optimistic that he will be reprising his role as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones in "Captain America 3."
"I mean, I'm cautiously optimist that you will see me in the not too distant future in the next installment of Captain America," he said.
It was reportedly not guaranteed that Brock Rumlow would make his way into another "Captain America" film but Grillo confirmed that he was prepared for the possibility the moment he signed on for "Captain America: Winter Soldier."
"Very early on the Russos said, 'Look, this is an origin film for this character. We're gonna discover who this is and this is a big movie with a lot of moving parts, but we're gonna discover you in this film," Grillo said.
"It's obvious Rumlow is covered in rubble and burned to crisp at the end, but you see he's still there. They don't do that for no reason," he added.
Frank Grillo also hinted at his return as Brock Rumlow in "Captain America 3" when he talked about the costume Crossbones was going to wear after the battle scene with The Falcon left Rumlow with some nasty scars.
"He needs a costume! Coincidentally it could be a mask with crossbones on it," he said.
Sciencefiction also reported that Frank Grillo had signed a multi-picture deal with Marvel. So while it's still not confirmed that he will reprise his role as Brock Rumlow or Crossbones, he still has a good shot at returning for future installments.
In the Marvel Comics Universe, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow is actually the alter-ego of the mercenary Crossbones. He usually appears as a henchman of the Red Skull who carried out the assassination of Captain America.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Orange is the New Black Season 3: Laura Prepon Hints Strain in Alex, Piper Relationship, New Actor Roped-in [Spoilers]
- The Big Bang Theory: Mayim Bialik Talks about Sheldon, Amy Kiss in Season 7 [KISS VIDEO]
- Queen Elizabeth and Kate Middleton Clash Again: Duchess Scared of Difficult Pregnancy, Adopting Second 'Royal' Baby - Reports
- True Blood Spoilers: Alcide Killed because Season 7 is Bill, Sookie’s Season
- Rob Kardashian's Ex-Girlfriend Adrienne Bailon FInally Removes Cheating Reality Star's Name from Her Butt
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools