Captain America 3 Villain: Crossbones Actor Frank Grillo Optimistic
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 1:36 PM EST
After a solid performance in "Captain America: Winter Soldier," Frank Grillo is optimistic that he will reprise his role as the villain S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones in "Captain America 3."
Actor Samuel L. Jackson arrives for the American Theatre Wing's 68th annual Tony Awards at Radio City Music Hall in New York, June 8, 2014.
In "Captain America: Winter Soldier" Brock Rumlow suffered a bloody fate at the hands of The Falcon after a climactic battle scene, where he is left alone in the rubble. However, Frank Grillo is optimistic that that's not the last "Captain America" fans would see of Crossbones.
Speaking with Collider, Frank Grillo is optimistic that he will be reprising his role as S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow aka Crossbones in "Captain America 3."
"I mean, I'm cautiously optimist that you will see me in the not too distant future in the next installment of Captain America," he said.
It was reportedly not guaranteed that Brock Rumlow would make his way into another "Captain America" film but Grillo confirmed that he was prepared for the possibility the moment he signed on for "Captain America: Winter Soldier."
"Very early on the Russos said, 'Look, this is an origin film for this character. We're gonna discover who this is and this is a big movie with a lot of moving parts, but we're gonna discover you in this film," Grillo said.
"It's obvious Rumlow is covered in rubble and burned to crisp at the end, but you see he's still there. They don't do that for no reason," he added.
Frank Grillo also hinted at his return as Brock Rumlow in "Captain America 3" when he talked about the costume Crossbones was going to wear after the battle scene with The Falcon left Rumlow with some nasty scars.
"He needs a costume! Coincidentally it could be a mask with crossbones on it," he said.
Sciencefiction also reported that Frank Grillo had signed a multi-picture deal with Marvel. So while it's still not confirmed that he will reprise his role as Brock Rumlow or Crossbones, he still has a good shot at returning for future installments.
In the Marvel Comics Universe, S.H.I.E.L.D. agent Brock Rumlow is actually the alter-ego of the mercenary Crossbones. He usually appears as a henchman of the Red Skull who carried out the assassination of Captain America.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- Portia De Rossi And Ellen DeGeneres Address 'Epic Fight' Story
- 'NCIS' Season 12, Episode 6 Spoilers: Abby Sciuto Talks Of Cote de Pablo's Character, 'I Loved Ziva But She Left Us' (Review)
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 29, 2014: Caroline Is Remorseful About What Happened To Her And Ridge While Katie Is Fuming [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Star Wars: Episode 7' Leaked Image Of New Villain Clutching Red Lightsaber [Spoilers]
- 'The Walking Dead' Star Norman Reedus Bashes The Report That He Begged The Producers Not To Turn Daryl Dixon Gay
- Marvel Announces Release Dates Of 11 Upcoming Movies From 2015 To 2019
- Xiaomi Becomes World’s Third Largest Smartphone Manufacturer By Dethroning Huawei
- Entry Of Peshmerga Fighters From Iraq Boosts The Kobani Battle Against ISIS: Turkey Provides Transit
- Nexus 6, 9 Buyers on November Release Will Enjoy These 3 Killer Lollipop 5.0 Features First
- Woman Hanged In Iran Talks Abuse In Prison, Left Chilling Message To Family
- Xiaomi VP Hugo Barra Says ‘Apple iPhone 6 Is The Most Beautiful Smartphone Ever Built’
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown