Maria Sharapova Teams Up With Avon For New Signature Scent ‘Avon Luck’
By Rachelle Corpuz | June 19, 2014 1:30 PM EST
Maria Sharapova is the new face of Avon's latest fragrance, Avon Luck. Two new scents of Avon Luck are especially made for men and women.
Avon's chief marketing officer Patricia Perez-Ayala said in a statement that Sharapova is the right celebrity to endorse the new scent. She said Sharapova embodies a role that can completely represent the new product. "When we created Avon Luck, we wanted to capture the intoxicating charisma who creates her own luck in life," Perez-Ayala said. "As one of the top-ranked tennis players worldwide, and a sophisticated natural beauty, Maria perfectly captures this sense of energy and possibility." Perez-Ayala said that Sharapova is the best advocate for the new scent that conveys "happiness and the feeling of being on the top of the world."
Maria Sharapova of Russia poses with her trophy in the dressing room after winning the women's singles final match against Simona Halep of Romania during the French Open tennis tournament at the Roland Garros stadium in Paris June 7, 2014.
Sharapova was also elated and thrilled in the new partnership with the second-ranked direct selling company and the leading global beauty company in the world.
"My hope is that Luck brings women and men confidence, the feeling of sophistication, and luxury as well as reminding them that you can have it all, and that possibilities are endless," Sharapova said in an interview. The Russian tennis darling said that she's honoured to be chosen as the endorser of the new scent. She added that she loved the concept of Avon Luck, and instantly fell in love with the scent.
"I immediately loved what Luck stands for."
"Everyone and anyone can have it all, if you work hard and sets your mind to a goal, you can do anything, and you can celebrate all of your success."
"Avon Luck makes you feel live, stylish, elegant when wearing it."
Sharapova said that she has been blessed so much in her career and life outside the tennis court. She said that luck was a vital factor to reach her goals. "It's always been incredibly fortunate to have luck on my side, that's why I'm so excited to be representing Avon Luck, a fragrance that I believe will always be by my side."
The new fragrance will hit the stores in Europe in September. It will be launched in North America and Asia-Pacific in October and November, respectively.
MORE ARTICLES TO READ:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Forever Lost: Indescribable Anguish for Malaysia Airlines MH17 Families, Remains of Some Victims May Never Be Found (PHOTOS)
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- Jeremy Lin, Chandler Parsons React To 'Role Players' Label By James Harden
- Roger Federer Not That Good If Different Surfaces Were To Exist – Giles Simon
- Jeremy Lin Should Be Ready to Start for Los Angeles Lakers as Steve Nash Confirms Retirement
- Manchester United Transfer News: Arturo Vidal Leaving Juventus for the Red Devils Gaining Momentum
- Dan Bilzerian Opens Up to Howard Stern, Poker Pro Admits He Once Had Sex with 16 Women in 12 Days
- Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Leaks Online: Release Date, Five Features to Wait for New Smart Phone
- Photos of Motorola Moto X+1 Prototype and Specs Leak Online, Release Date, Four Fresh Features Revealed
- Sony Xperia Z3: Release Date, Five Features to Expect from New Android Smart Phone
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- 5 Food Scandals That Shocked The World
- Iran Leader Asks Muslims to Supply Arms to Palestine, Calls Israel ‘Rapacious Wolf’