‘Sherlock’ Star Benedict Cumberbatch Reportedly Has a Girlfriend
By Anne Lu | June 19, 2014 1:20 PM EST
Benedict Cumberbatch is breaking his Cumberbitches’ hearts! According to a report, the 37-year-old titular star of “Sherlock” has found herself a girlfriend.
Page Six reported that Cumberbatch is already taken after he was introduced to an unnamed woman.
Actor Benedict Cumberbatch smiles as he arrives at the 2014 Vanity Fair Oscars Party in West Hollywood, California March 3, 2014. REUTERS/Danny Moloshok
PBS “Masterpiece Theatre” producer Rebecca Eaton helped the star find his love interest, and apparently she’s been successful in doing so that she could only advise his fans to “move on.”
“That might also explain her other job: helping British hottie Benedict Cumberbatch find a new love interest,” the article reads.
“She wouldn’t say whom the ‘Sherlock’ actor has met, but she said it’s time for all those ‘Cumberbitches’ – the name used by his huge base of female followers – to move on.”
The rumour wouldn’t sit well with Cumberbatch’s legions of female (and some male) fans. The “Star Trek Into Darkness” actor is the Internet’s boyfriend, whose face is plastered all over social media sites, including Tumblr.
It’s not like Cumberbatch has been loveless throughout his life. He had dated actress Olivia Poulet for more than a decade before shortly going out with artist Anna James. However, after their breakup in 2012, the charismatic actor has remained single, which suited his fans just fine.
So if the report is true, whoever he is currently dating must be tough enough to handle his Cumberbitches as well.
Meanwhile, makeup artist Claire Pritchard-jones has revealed some behind-the-scenes secrets from the BBC series “Sherlock.”
At the Sherlock Holmes Convention in Vienna, Pritchard-Jones said that Cumberbatch’s curly locks turned green before filming began. His hair was dyed dark to resemble the famed fictional detective, but the makeup team didn’t foresee that his bleached hair would turn green with the combination of bleach and dye.
Needless to say, they had to make an emergency appointment to the hairdresser to get the colour right.
Somelikeitpink.tumblr.com has some more revelations from Pritchard-Jones.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named People's Best Dressed Stars Of 2014 [PHOTOS]
- Champions League Results: Barcelona Barely Escapes With A Win, Chelsea Fails To Hold On To The Lead [PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
- Reasons Why Michael Jordan Is Better Than LeBron James [PHOTOS And VIDEO]
Join the Conversation
- "Game of Thrones" Season 5 Spoilers -- Arya Stark’s New Costume, Mace Tyrell And Tycho Spotted On The Sets
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Sept. 19, 2014: Hope Needs To Decide If She Will Stay With Wyatt Or Go With Liam [WATCH VIDEO]
- The Pirate Bay Founder Peter Sunde’s Freedom: Hollywood People Oppose TPB Founder’s Imprisonment
- 'Dancing With The Stars' (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Week 2 Spoilers: Things To Expect; Find Out Which Choreographer Is Quitting
- 'Downton Abbey' Spoilers: 'Surprising New Stories' In Season 5, George Clooney's Cameo Appearance
- 2 Reasons Nexus 6 Release Date is Worth the Wait: Android L Data Encryption & Material Design
- Unofficial ‘Samsung Galaxy Alpha’ Can Now Be Purchased For $700 In The US
- Google Now v. Siri v. Cortana – Comparison Of The Three Leading Virtual Assistants
- Xperia Z, Xperia ZL, Xperia ZR Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide
- iOS 8 Jailbreak Release Update: Pangu Devs Will Outrace Evad3rs in Rollout of iPhone 6, iPad Unlocker
- Canada Consumer Alert: Costco No Longer Accepting American Express Cards Starting Jan 1
- Sony Xperia E3 vs. Moto G (2014) – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown