Game of Thrones Emilia Clarke Possessed By Evil Spirit In Voice From The Stone
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Emilia Clarke is set to appear in a psychological thriller entitled "Voice From the Stone" where she is possessed by an evil spirit.
Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal poses at the Women In Film Los Angeles 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards in Century City, California June 11, 2014.
According to Geektyrant, "Voice From the Stone" is set in 1950's Tuscany, Italy. Emilia Clarke takes on the major role of a nurse who aids a boy through the trauma of losing his mother in a sudden death.
As Emilia Clarke works with the troubled child, she becomes ensnared by an evil force inside the family's castle.
In a previous report from Variety, "Voice From the Stone" was given the synopsis on the story of a young female psychologist who takes on the case of a young boy. The boy made a promise to his dying mother to remain silent until her spirit returns. The psychologist begins to realize that the boy's dead mother has manipulated her in order to take possession of her body so she can be reunited with her son.
"Voice From the Stone" is a movie adaptation of the 1997 Italian novel called "La voce della Pietra," written by Silvio Raffo.
According to Variety, the movie adaptation of "Voice From the Stone" was announced in 2009 with Japanese cult movie director Hideo Nakata (Ring) initially set to direct until Eric Howell took over the film. Also Mark Wheaton (Friday the 13th) was reported to have been the script writer instead of Andrew Shaw.
Maggie Gyllenhaal is reportedly also part of the cast of "Voice From the Stone."
"Voice From the Stone" is produced by Italian-born film producer Stefano Gallini-Durante and also under the production of Zanuck Independent with its executive producer Dean Zanuck.
Dean Zanuck is known for his movies "Road to Perdition," "Get Low" and the upcoming "The Zero Theorem" starring Matt Damon and Tilda Swinton.
According to Variety "Voice From the Stone" is Emilia Clarke's second feature film.
From taming dragons in "Game of Thrones," Emilia Clarke will battle cyborgs in the "Terminator: Genesis." Clarke has signed on for the role of Sarah Conner in "Terminator: Genesis" back in December. Her involvement in the "Terminator" reboot marks as her first big screen introduction.
Emilia Clarke was the early favourite to play Sarah Connor according to Variety. The other star who tested for the role was "Spectacular Now" actress Brie Larson.
Movie plot details and further character information on Emilia Clarke's Sarah Connor have not been revealed, other than "Terminator: Genesis" is reportedly confirmed as the first movie in a stand-alone trilogy.
Emilia Clarke was most recently seen in a minor role as Evelyn in "Dom Hemingway" with Jude Law and Demian Bechir. For her Broadway debut last year, she appeared as Holly Golightly in the revival of "Breakfast at Tiffany's."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Jennifer Lawrence’s Nude Photos and Videos Leaked by 4Chan Hacker; Ariana Grande, Lea Michele, Mary Elizabeth Winstead, Kate Upton’s Also Included
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- ‘The Leftovers’: Episode 10 On Hold, Renewed For Season 2, Season 1 Finale Synopsis And Preview [VIDEO]
- Apple iPhone 6 Actual Release Date after September 9 Confirmed 128GB Variant with New Resolution
- Moto G2 Release Roundup: Specs, Pricing, and Release Date Details
- PlayStation 4 Killing Xbox One Costing Microsoft Millions But It's Fine
- Nexus 6 on Release Date Confirmed with Phablet-Size Display as FCC Filing Hints of 5.9-Inch Screen