Game of Thrones Emilia Clarke Possessed By Evil Spirit In Voice From The Stone
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 1:17 PM EST
Emilia Clarke is set to appear in a psychological thriller entitled "Voice From the Stone" where she is possessed by an evil spirit.
Actress Maggie Gyllenhaal poses at the Women In Film Los Angeles 2014 Crystal + Lucy Awards in Century City, California June 11, 2014.
According to Geektyrant, "Voice From the Stone" is set in 1950's Tuscany, Italy. Emilia Clarke takes on the major role of a nurse who aids a boy through the trauma of losing his mother in a sudden death.
As Emilia Clarke works with the troubled child, she becomes ensnared by an evil force inside the family's castle.
In a previous report from Variety, "Voice From the Stone" was given the synopsis on the story of a young female psychologist who takes on the case of a young boy. The boy made a promise to his dying mother to remain silent until her spirit returns. The psychologist begins to realize that the boy's dead mother has manipulated her in order to take possession of her body so she can be reunited with her son.
"Voice From the Stone" is a movie adaptation of the 1997 Italian novel called "La voce della Pietra," written by Silvio Raffo.
According to Variety, the movie adaptation of "Voice From the Stone" was announced in 2009 with Japanese cult movie director Hideo Nakata (Ring) initially set to direct until Eric Howell took over the film. Also Mark Wheaton (Friday the 13th) was reported to have been the script writer instead of Andrew Shaw.
Maggie Gyllenhaal is reportedly also part of the cast of "Voice From the Stone."
"Voice From the Stone" is produced by Italian-born film producer Stefano Gallini-Durante and also under the production of Zanuck Independent with its executive producer Dean Zanuck.
Dean Zanuck is known for his movies "Road to Perdition," "Get Low" and the upcoming "The Zero Theorem" starring Matt Damon and Tilda Swinton.
According to Variety "Voice From the Stone" is Emilia Clarke's second feature film.
From taming dragons in "Game of Thrones," Emilia Clarke will battle cyborgs in the "Terminator: Genesis." Clarke has signed on for the role of Sarah Conner in "Terminator: Genesis" back in December. Her involvement in the "Terminator" reboot marks as her first big screen introduction.
Emilia Clarke was the early favourite to play Sarah Connor according to Variety. The other star who tested for the role was "Spectacular Now" actress Brie Larson.
Movie plot details and further character information on Emilia Clarke's Sarah Connor have not been revealed, other than "Terminator: Genesis" is reportedly confirmed as the first movie in a stand-alone trilogy.
Emilia Clarke was most recently seen in a minor role as Evelyn in "Dom Hemingway" with Jude Law and Demian Bechir. For her Broadway debut last year, she appeared as Holly Golightly in the revival of "Breakfast at Tiffany's."
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Derek Jeter With The New York Yankees Through The Years [IN PICTURES]
- George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin's Wedding In Venice: Photos Of Groom And His Family, Friends [Slideshow]
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- Melanoma Could Be Caused By Ageing Genes; Best Diet For Anti-Ageing; Celebrities Who Have Aged Gracefully
Join the Conversation
- Nina Dobrev To Quit 'The Vampire Diaries' As She Feels 'Uneasy' Working With Ex Ian Somerhalder In Nikki Reed's Presence- Reports
- 'Once Upon A Time' Season 4 Premiere Questions: 'Frozen' Story Kicks Off, Queen Elsa vs Emma Swan vs The Evil Queen - New Story Unfolds [SPOILERS]
- ‘Batman vs. Superman’ Bruce Wayne May Be In Trouble In Leaked Video [Spoilers]
- Season 4 ‘American Horror Story-Freak Show’ Update: Introduction Of Twisty The Clown Is ‘Brutal’ [VIDEO]
- Robert Pattinson Is Not Proposing FKA Twigs Plus What Kristen Stewart Thinks About RPatz's New Romance- Reports
- Forget Nexus 6 Release Date, Android Phones Will Soon Showcase Pure Google Apps & Features
- Galaxy Note 4 Pre Order Starts in the US, Get Samsung Note Ahead of October 14 Release
- $249.99 Motorola Moto 360 Smartwatch's First Promo Out; 'Stone Leather' Replaces 'Gray Leather' - Available In BestBuy [Watch Video]
- BlackBerry Passport Sold Out As Preorders Reached 200,000
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- iOS 8 And iOS 8.0.2 Security Flaw Revealed, Anyone Can Easily Bypass Touch ID And Passcode Security Features
- Australia Cracks Down On International Money Laundering Syndicate