Rodon Biologics Ties a Knot With Celllmid as 'Manufacturing Partner'
By Afza Fathima | June 19, 2014 1:14 PM EST
In a recent press release, Cellmid Ltd. has announced Rodon Biologics will be Cellmid's manufacturing partner for its latest "antibody" project. This will be the third project between the two firms as this partnership is set to save six months in "time for clinic" for CAB102 antibody.
Carboplatin was selected as the chemotherapy of choice as it is standard therapy in lung cancer.
Manufacturability studies of the drug has been completed by Rodon. Having Rodon in the team was seen as a huge step for Cellmid toward the success of the clinical trial of its humanized anti-midkine antibody, CAB102.
Maria Halasz, chief executive officer of Cellmid, said, "Contracting Rodon Biologics to manufacture CAB102 makes sense for many reasons. Cellmid and Rodon/ Biotecnol have collaborated closely during the humanization of CAB102 and establishing a very productive working relationship. Also critical was their deep understanding of the specific manufacturing requirements for our planned clinical trial notification scheme based on clinical studies."
Under the agreement, Rodon will engineer a high-yielding cho cell line expressing CAB102, along with the processes necessary to manufacture and formulate the drug for the first in-human trials.
CAB102 is Cellmid's lead oncology drug, following antibody humanization and antibody testing. It is shown to significantly reduce chemotherpay resistance in a preclinical model of lung cancer in combination with carboplatin. It has produced strong in vitro functionality in specifically designed MK migration assays.
Based on the analysis by Proactive Investors on CAB102, an assessment showed six promising candidates that were secreted at commercially viable concentrations during cell culture. The candidates were readily purified and confirmed as structurally stable and aggregate free. The candidates, later, were tested for functional activity using an in vitro cell migration inhibition assay and an in vivo tumor xenograft model in combination with carboplatin.
Carboplatin was selected as the chemotherapy of choice as it is standard therapy in lung cancer. As expected and seen consistent with clinical experience, carboplatin did not significantly reduce tumor volume or mass when used alone compared to untreated controls in the NCI-H460 model.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Manny Pacquiao Vs. Chris Algieri World Tour Kick Off Press Conference In Macau [PHOTOS]
- Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt Heads to Malta For New Movie After A Whirlwind French Wedding [PHOTOS]
- 2014 US Open Update (Day 4 - Men's Singles): Murray, Djokovic, Raonic and Isner Advance to 3rd Round [PHOTOS]
- Prince Harry & Camilla Thurlow Getting Serious, St. Tropez Holiday Before The Prince’s 30th Birthday [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Ice Bucket Challenge Toddler Scarlett-Rose Davis Who Uses F-Word Apologises - Watch Original Video
- Papua New Guinea’s Mount Tavurvur Erupts, Qantas Reroutes Flights
- New Nail Polish Changes Colour When Exposed to Date-Rape Drugs: Helps Women Safety
- Underground Eruption of A Volcano Noticed As Powerful Earthquakes Rock Iceland
- A Fish That Walks; Scientists Find A Fish That Does Better On Land Than Water[Video]
- Sept 19 iPhone 6 Release Date Confirmed as Apple Sets Sept 9 iWatch, 2 iPhones Intro - Report
- iPhone 6 Release Date Update: 4.7-Inch Model Scores 65.8% In Screen-To-Size Ratio; A Surprise Entry Scales Top Spot [List Attached]
- Product Recall Alert: Hewlett-Packard Pulls Out 6M Power Cords from US, Canada Over Fire Hazard Concerns, Australia Also Affected
- ISIS Wants $6.6M and Release of Aafia Siddiqui in Exchange of Head of Female US Humanitarian Aid Worker, 1st American Fighting for Jihadis Dead
- Ukraine Ceasefire Looks Remote As Putin Talks Tough At Meeting With Poroshenko
- Google Nexus 6 Release May Be the New Google Nexus X Smartphone as New Details Emerge
- Canada Vs Russia War Erupts Via Twitter on Russia-Not Russia Maps