The Expendables 3 New Trailer Released; Steven Seagal Explains Why He Will Never Be in the Movie
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 19, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Steven Seagal has not been cast in the action-packed, star-studded and highly-anticipated movie "The Expendables 3" as it appears that Seagal didn't want to be in the Patrick Hughes thriller.
With Seagal's background in acting and roles that he usually plays, fans have started rooting for the actor to appear in "The Expendables" series, but apparently even though the production team of the movie offered him a deal Seagal would still refuse because of personal reasons that he recently revealed.
(L-R) Cast members Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson and Wesley Snipes pose during a photocall on the Croisette to promote the film "The Expendables 3" during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 18, 2014.
In an interview with The Big Issue, the 62-year-old actor revealed why fans would never see him appear in an "Expendables" film. Seagal said that he "didn't like some of the people involved."
"Life is too short to work with funny people," Steven Seagal told The Big Issue's Steven Mackenzie.
Seagal clarified that there may be some people in "The Expendables" film that he didn't like whom the action movie veteran refused to name. But apparently there are still people cast in the movie that he like. Among the people the action movie veteran mentioned are Jason Statham and Jet Li whom Seagal mentioned could be part of his "dream action team."
According to the actor's official Web site stevenseagal.com, Seagal is the first foreigner to open an Aikido training place in Japan. With a 7th dan degree and Shihan in Aikido, a Japanese martial art said to have been developed during the late 1920s, Steven Seagal has always been popularly known for his roles in action movies.
It is said that Seagal's martial arts skills was what captured the Hollywood's attention. In 1988, the actor started his martial arts scenes for Warner Bros in a film titled "Above the Law," and since then Seagal has starred in various action movies.
Though Steven Seagal is not appearing in the upcoming "The Expendables 3" movie, starring Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham and Jet Li, the American action movie veteran is said to appear in "A Good Man," "Gutshot Straight," "Absolution" and "Cyborg Nemesis."
And aside from acting, Seagal is said to be also into blues music. Capital Gazette reported that the actor is ready to tour Europe for his "European Blues Tour" starting on Saturday, June 21 and ending with a concert in London on July 25.
WATCH: "The Expendables 3" New Trailer
CREDIT: YouTube/Lionsgate Movies
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Cries As She Listens To A Moving Tale Of A Mother Who Lost Her Infant Daughter
- ‘Dancing With The Stars’ (DWTS) Season 19 (2014) Finale Recap: And The Winner Is…[Spoilers]
- Kris Jenner Shocks Boyfriend Corey Gamble In The Bedroom With Her Tricks And Fabulous Sex Life
- 'American Horror Story' Season 4 Episode 8 Spoilers: Big Twist Features Dandy In Blood Bath
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Nov. 26, 2014, The Forrester Mansion Is All Decked Out For Thanksgiving With Family And Friends [WATCH VIDEO]
- T-Mobile’s Black Friday 2014 Deals On Apple iPhone 6, Samsung Galaxy Note 4/Edge, Nexus 6, HTC One M8, LG G3, iPad Air 2 And Mini 3
- 5 Proofs Russia is Geared-Up for Shooting War with U.S. and Can Win Future Nuclear Showdown
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- ISIS Kidnaps Iraqi Defence Minister’s Family, Executes Female Parliament Candidates
- ISIS Drug Transit From Afghanistan To Europe Confirmed By Russia: Money Goes Into Terror Funding And In New Recruitments