The Expendables 3 New Trailer Released; Steven Seagal Explains Why He Will Never Be in the Movie
By Alyssa Ashley Lucas | June 19, 2014 1:13 PM EST
Steven Seagal has not been cast in the action-packed, star-studded and highly-anticipated movie "The Expendables 3" as it appears that Seagal didn't want to be in the Patrick Hughes thriller.
With Seagal's background in acting and roles that he usually plays, fans have started rooting for the actor to appear in "The Expendables" series, but apparently even though the production team of the movie offered him a deal Seagal would still refuse because of personal reasons that he recently revealed.
(L-R) Cast members Harrison Ford, Mel Gibson and Wesley Snipes pose during a photocall on the Croisette to promote the film "The Expendables 3" during the 67th Cannes Film Festival in Cannes May 18, 2014.
In an interview with The Big Issue, the 62-year-old actor revealed why fans would never see him appear in an "Expendables" film. Seagal said that he "didn't like some of the people involved."
"Life is too short to work with funny people," Steven Seagal told The Big Issue's Steven Mackenzie.
Seagal clarified that there may be some people in "The Expendables" film that he didn't like whom the action movie veteran refused to name. But apparently there are still people cast in the movie that he like. Among the people the action movie veteran mentioned are Jason Statham and Jet Li whom Seagal mentioned could be part of his "dream action team."
According to the actor's official Web site stevenseagal.com, Seagal is the first foreigner to open an Aikido training place in Japan. With a 7th dan degree and Shihan in Aikido, a Japanese martial art said to have been developed during the late 1920s, Steven Seagal has always been popularly known for his roles in action movies.
It is said that Seagal's martial arts skills was what captured the Hollywood's attention. In 1988, the actor started his martial arts scenes for Warner Bros in a film titled "Above the Law," and since then Seagal has starred in various action movies.
Though Steven Seagal is not appearing in the upcoming "The Expendables 3" movie, starring Sylvester Stallone, Jason Statham and Jet Li, the American action movie veteran is said to appear in "A Good Man," "Gutshot Straight," "Absolution" and "Cyborg Nemesis."
And aside from acting, Seagal is said to be also into blues music. Capital Gazette reported that the actor is ready to tour Europe for his "European Blues Tour" starting on Saturday, June 21 and ending with a concert in London on July 25.
WATCH: "The Expendables 3" New Trailer
CREDIT: YouTube/Lionsgate Movies
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Flight MH17 Attack: Russians Claim 'Putin A Terrorist,' Memorial at Dutch Embassy Overflows [PHOTOS]
- Typhoon Rammasun Claims 18 Lives in China, Incurs $4.32B Losses (PHOTOS)
- Ellen DeGeneres Caught Cheating with Mutual Friend Before Portia de Rossi’s Rehab – Reports [PHOTOS]
- Selena Gomez Turns 22 Today, Celebrates Early without Justin Bieber: Top 12 Interesting Facts About the Singer [SEE PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Star Wars Episode VII: Jedi Master's Search, Luke's Lightsaber From the Sky
- Avengers 2: Ultron's First Attack On The Avengers, More Details on the Avengers Tower Party
- Avengers 2: Capt.America Dances With Peggy Carter, First Love Returns
- Kim Kardashian and Kanye West Break-Up Furor Ceased: West Gets Turned on by Kim, Puts Rest to Marriage Trouble Reports
- Selena Gomez & Andre Hamann Update: Andre Calls Selena Stunning, Admits Crush on Singer
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Apps Leak Online, Five Fresh Features to Expect from the Android Smartphone
- Moto 360 Price Speculations, Key Features, Strategic Release Date, Design: A Watch That is More Than Just Time
- Windows Phone 8.1 Update Rollout: 20 Nokia Lumia Phones Eligible and 13 New Features to be Added
- Google Nexus 8 Release Date Soon Along with 2 More HTC Android Tablets – Reports
- Three New Moto G Successors Spotted in FCC Document Dubbed Moto G2, Moto M and More --Reports
- iPad Air 2 Release Date Will Skip IGZO Panel; To Rollout with Super-Slim iPad Mini Air
- Upcoming iPad Mini 3 Could be 30% Thinner and Likely be Called iPad Mini Air; Apple Q3 Results Show 9% Decrease in iPad Sales