iPhone 6 Confirmed Release with Ultra-Thin Metal Build than S5, Tim Cook the “Right Man for the Time”
By Precious Silva | June 19, 2014 12:50 PM EST
Tim Cook's succession after Steve Jobs left the market wondering if he can maintain the company's growth. The late CEO was best known for his ideas and industry analysts worry if Cook can replicate a similar success taking over Apple. In fact some have criticized Cook saying that the company lost its "innovative edge" with Apple releasing only upgraded versions of devices software updates. Nonetheless, one analyst maintains Cook is the "right man for the time" with the iPhone 6 as a potential hit this year.
A woman holds her new Apple iPhone 5S after buying it at an Apple Store at Tokyo's Ginza shopping district September 20, 2013.
Despite observations saying that Cook's tenure under Apple can also be associated with iPhone market share decline, new predictions remain positive for the iPhone 6 series. According to research firm IDC, Apple will see a surge of iPhone 6 sales especially with the bigger screen. UBS analyst Steven Milunovich appears to agree including on Cook's potential. According to Milunovich (via Barron's), Cook remains to be the "right man for the time" to head over Apple.
"We think Cook-doubters will be proven wrong," Milunovich argued in his note.
More importantly, more details of the iPhone 6 flagship surface. New shots of the device suggest that upcoming iPhone 6 variants will have ultra-thin metal build. The leaked images were uploaded on French website nowhereelse.fr. According to the images, the upcoming iPhone 6 variants will be slimmer than their predecessors. The devices featured also appear to have rounded edges looking more closely like the HTC One.
To see the photos leaked, click here.
Additionally, the iPhone 6 models will reportedly have a metal build for upcoming sizes: 4.7 inches and 5.5 inches. The larger version is slightly bigger than the Galaxy S5. According to the images, Apple will be changing the position of buttons. The power button will no longer be on the top of the handset but on the side. Lock and volume buttons will remain on their usual places. According to the Daily Mail, Apple may also go as far to label it as iPhone Air because of its thin build. Other reported features include an A8 processor and x 960 resolution display.
German company Deutsche Telekom has started notifying customers of the iPhone 6 release on September 19 according to apfelpage.de. Apple has not released any official announcements yet.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL Recap - Week 4: Green Bay Packers 38, Chicago Bears 17 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Recap: New York Giants 45, Washington Redskins 14 [PHOTOS]
- Photos Of George Clooney And Amal Alamuddin, They Get Married Again On Monday [Slideshow]
Join the Conversation
- 3 Reasons to Get the Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Instead of the iPhone 6
- iPhone 6 vs Moto G 2014: Motorola’s Budget Smartphone Takes On Apple’s Premium Smartphone
- Google HTC Nexus 9 Tablet October 24 Launch Date Benefits Many
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Nexus 6: Which Smartphone Dominates
- MH 370 Search In Ocean To Intensify With Hi Tech Ships Joining The Plane Hunt From October
- Nexus 7 Tips and Tricks
- New Windows OS Is Not Windows 9, Microsoft To Launch Windows 10 As New OS Build