Resident Evil 6 Is The Final Chapter, Script On The Works
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 12:06 PM EST
The script is on the works for the sixth installment of the "Resident Evil" movie series tentatively entitled "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter."
Actress Milla Jovovich arrives for amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2014 event in Antibes during the 67th Cannes Film Festival May 22, 2014.
Speaking with Collider, "Resident Evil" franchise director, producer, and writer Paul W.S. Anderson gave an update on the status of the delayed production.
"'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' is the working title. It may end up being the final title, but that's what's written on the front page of my script... I'm right in the middle of [the first draft]," Anderson said
"Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" may have been given the greenlight, however Paul Anderson said that there are no set dates for the shooting yet. As soon as they have the first draft of the screenplay then they would go from there.
As for the cinema release date of "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter," admittedly Paul Anderson said it depends on how fast he writes but he is hopeful that they will have the announcement soon.
Paul Anderson also confirmed that he is writing the draft for "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" as if it's the last movie.
"That's what's on the title page, it's Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, so absolutely."
As for plot details, Anderson was mum on the matter however he did confirm that he's writing the script for "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" with 3D in mind.
"I firmly believe that you have to start thinking about the 3D even in the writing process," he said.
Paul Anderson added that when writing for 3D, he approaches his films right from inception.
"I kind of write action scenes and pick out locations that I think and know-because I've done so much of it-will translate very well into 3D. Then when we build the sets, we build sets that I know will shoot well in 3D. It's really, even from this point, 3D is something I'm definitely thinking about," he said.
Milla Jovovich may be reprising her role as Alice in "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter." The sixth installment may pick up its scene right from the last time Alice was seen in 'Resident Evil: Final Retribution" at the White House where she was seen facing down a threat with Weskers beside her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
- 2014 US Open: Hottest Female Tennis Athletes [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Celebrities’ Leaked Nude Photos: Master-List Printed, Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, Kate Upton, Jennifer Lawrence, Kaley Cuoco, Rihanna, More Names On It
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn Of Justice’ First Photo Of Lex Luthor Leaked, Jesse Eisenberg On Villain’s Role And Plot Details Revealed
- Nick Cannon–Mariah Carey Divorce Reports: Nick Dating Younger Woman
- Nude Photos Leaked: Mary Elizabeth Winstead Says Nude Photos Hers, Faces Backlash, Takes Twitter Break
- ‘Bachelor In Paradise’ Spoilers: Find Out Whether AshLee Frazier And Graham Bunn Last Till The End; Meet The New Arrivals Of Episode 6
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones