Resident Evil 6 Is The Final Chapter, Script On The Works
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 12:06 PM EST
The script is on the works for the sixth installment of the "Resident Evil" movie series tentatively entitled "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter."
Actress Milla Jovovich arrives for amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2014 event in Antibes during the 67th Cannes Film Festival May 22, 2014.
Speaking with Collider, "Resident Evil" franchise director, producer, and writer Paul W.S. Anderson gave an update on the status of the delayed production.
"'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' is the working title. It may end up being the final title, but that's what's written on the front page of my script... I'm right in the middle of [the first draft]," Anderson said
"Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" may have been given the greenlight, however Paul Anderson said that there are no set dates for the shooting yet. As soon as they have the first draft of the screenplay then they would go from there.
As for the cinema release date of "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter," admittedly Paul Anderson said it depends on how fast he writes but he is hopeful that they will have the announcement soon.
Paul Anderson also confirmed that he is writing the draft for "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" as if it's the last movie.
"That's what's on the title page, it's Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, so absolutely."
As for plot details, Anderson was mum on the matter however he did confirm that he's writing the script for "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" with 3D in mind.
"I firmly believe that you have to start thinking about the 3D even in the writing process," he said.
Paul Anderson added that when writing for 3D, he approaches his films right from inception.
"I kind of write action scenes and pick out locations that I think and know-because I've done so much of it-will translate very well into 3D. Then when we build the sets, we build sets that I know will shoot well in 3D. It's really, even from this point, 3D is something I'm definitely thinking about," he said.
Milla Jovovich may be reprising her role as Alice in "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter." The sixth installment may pick up its scene right from the last time Alice was seen in 'Resident Evil: Final Retribution" at the White House where she was seen facing down a threat with Weskers beside her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- NFL MNF: Pittsburgh Steelers 30, Houston Texans 23 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series Game 1: San Francisco Giants 7, Kansas City Royals 1 [PHOTOS]
- 2014 MLB World Series - Game 2: Kansas City Royals 7, San Francisco Giants 2 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Thursday Recap - Denver Broncos 35, San Diego Chargers 21: Peyton Manning Has 3 TDs In Easy Win [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Brad Pitt Forced To Talk About Ex-Wife Jennifer Aniston: Asked to Compare Wife Angelina Jolie With Rachel From 'Friends'
- Ian Somerhalder Girlfriend: 'Twilight' Actress Nikki Reed Heads Back To Los Angeles Solo, Spotted Partying With Michelle Rodriguez At A Fashion Event
- ‘Big Brother Australia’ Evictee Jason Rose Opens Up About His Family’s Acceptance of His Sexuality, Cat and Lawson’s Illicit Love Affair [VIDEO]
- 'The Bold And The Beautiful' Spoilers For Oct. 24, 2014: Katie Spills Ridge's Secret Plan While Eric's Announcement Causes A Huge Furor [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 3 Major Spoilers: Death Count, The Terminus Residents’ Fate Plus Father Gabriel's Past
- Xiaomi Redmi 1S vs. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- ASUS Releases A Teaser Indicating The Arrival of New Zenfone and ZenWatch On October 28
- Boy Stoned To Death For Alleged Rape, Victim Receives Dowry From Militants
- Three Dual SIM Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Duos Variants Comes To China
- Russia is Creating Underwater Combat Robots to Protect its Arctic Territories
- ‘Lone Wolf’ Attack on Canada Parliament Hill Could be ISIS-Related
- Update HTC One M7 with LG G2 with Android 4.4.2 as Sprint OTA: Fixes and Installation