Resident Evil 6 Is The Final Chapter, Script On The Works
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 12:06 PM EST
The script is on the works for the sixth installment of the "Resident Evil" movie series tentatively entitled "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter."
Actress Milla Jovovich arrives for amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2014 event in Antibes during the 67th Cannes Film Festival May 22, 2014.
Speaking with Collider, "Resident Evil" franchise director, producer, and writer Paul W.S. Anderson gave an update on the status of the delayed production.
"'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' is the working title. It may end up being the final title, but that's what's written on the front page of my script... I'm right in the middle of [the first draft]," Anderson said
"Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" may have been given the greenlight, however Paul Anderson said that there are no set dates for the shooting yet. As soon as they have the first draft of the screenplay then they would go from there.
As for the cinema release date of "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter," admittedly Paul Anderson said it depends on how fast he writes but he is hopeful that they will have the announcement soon.
Paul Anderson also confirmed that he is writing the draft for "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" as if it's the last movie.
"That's what's on the title page, it's Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, so absolutely."
As for plot details, Anderson was mum on the matter however he did confirm that he's writing the script for "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" with 3D in mind.
"I firmly believe that you have to start thinking about the 3D even in the writing process," he said.
Paul Anderson added that when writing for 3D, he approaches his films right from inception.
"I kind of write action scenes and pick out locations that I think and know-because I've done so much of it-will translate very well into 3D. Then when we build the sets, we build sets that I know will shoot well in 3D. It's really, even from this point, 3D is something I'm definitely thinking about," he said.
Milla Jovovich may be reprising her role as Alice in "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter." The sixth installment may pick up its scene right from the last time Alice was seen in 'Resident Evil: Final Retribution" at the White House where she was seen facing down a threat with Weskers beside her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Still The World Champions: Team USA Overpowers Serbia, 129-92 To Win 2014 FIBA World Cup [PHOTOS]
- Pope Francis: World War III Has Started On Piecemeal
- After Win Over Maidana, Mayweather Says He Is Prepared To Negotiate A Fight With Pacquiao
- From Fat To Fit: Celebrities Who Were Overweight Before They Became The Beauties That They Are
Join the Conversation
- 'Star Wars 7': Luke Skywalker Exiled, Turns Into Powerful Wizard
- ‘Batman V Superman: Dawn of Justice’: Leaked Videos Show Batmobile In Motion; Vehicle Reportedly 'Stolen'
- ‘Avengers: Age of Ultron’: Black Panther Powerful Than Ultron, Can Be New Iron Man
- The Pirate Bay Founder Gottfrid Svartholm Trial’s Second Week: TPB Founder’s Co-Defendant Answers Questions Plus Jacob Appelbaum Appears
- Miley Cyrus Naked Picture In Bathroom: 'Bangerz' Singer Shares The Racy Picture With Fans
- iPhone 6 vs iPhone 6 Plus vs Galaxy S5 and HTC One M8: Performance, CPU and Health
- Google Release Roundup: Nexus 5 2014, Nexus 6, Nexus 8 and Android L Killer Features
- Samsung Attacks iPhone 6 Plus Through New Galaxy Note 4 Commercial: Apple Claims Imitating Galaxy Note Phablets
- iPhone 6 And IPhone 6 Plus Sold Out, New Stocks To Arrive In October
- Moto G (Gen 2) vs. Xiaomi Redmi 1S—Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Dates Imminent as Moto X Pre-Order Begins & Nexus 7 Deals Ramp Up
- iPhone 6 And iPhone 6 Plus Shipping Has Begun, Expected To Reach Customers’ Doorstep On Sept 19 Launch Date