Resident Evil 6 Is The Final Chapter, Script On The Works
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 12:06 PM EST
The script is on the works for the sixth installment of the "Resident Evil" movie series tentatively entitled "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter."
Actress Milla Jovovich arrives for amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2014 event in Antibes during the 67th Cannes Film Festival May 22, 2014.
Speaking with Collider, "Resident Evil" franchise director, producer, and writer Paul W.S. Anderson gave an update on the status of the delayed production.
"'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' is the working title. It may end up being the final title, but that's what's written on the front page of my script... I'm right in the middle of [the first draft]," Anderson said
"Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" may have been given the greenlight, however Paul Anderson said that there are no set dates for the shooting yet. As soon as they have the first draft of the screenplay then they would go from there.
As for the cinema release date of "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter," admittedly Paul Anderson said it depends on how fast he writes but he is hopeful that they will have the announcement soon.
Paul Anderson also confirmed that he is writing the draft for "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" as if it's the last movie.
"That's what's on the title page, it's Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, so absolutely."
As for plot details, Anderson was mum on the matter however he did confirm that he's writing the script for "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" with 3D in mind.
"I firmly believe that you have to start thinking about the 3D even in the writing process," he said.
Paul Anderson added that when writing for 3D, he approaches his films right from inception.
"I kind of write action scenes and pick out locations that I think and know-because I've done so much of it-will translate very well into 3D. Then when we build the sets, we build sets that I know will shoot well in 3D. It's really, even from this point, 3D is something I'm definitely thinking about," he said.
Milla Jovovich may be reprising her role as Alice in "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter." The sixth installment may pick up its scene right from the last time Alice was seen in 'Resident Evil: Final Retribution" at the White House where she was seen facing down a threat with Weskers beside her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
Join the Conversation
- Kate Middleton Pregnancy Reports: The Truth Behind the Duchess Miscarriage
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Remembering the Betrayal of the Freys
- Young and the Restless July 28- August 1 Spoilers, Cast News: Updates on Devon, Hilary, Chelsea, Billy, Jack, Phyllis Plus Criminal Minds Actor Returns
- Game of Thrones Season 5 Spoilers: Daenerys Targaryen vs Yezzan, Nymeria Sand Actress Announced at Comic Con 2014
- Harry Styles-Paige Reifler Dating, Couple Back Together
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Fresh Samsung Galaxy S5 Alpha Images Leaked: 4.8-Inch Metallic Body Could Give Competition to 4.7-Inch iPhone 6
- Nexus 5 and Nexus 7 Android 5.0 L Material Design Coming with More Interface Changes
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- OnePlus One Android 4.4.4 KitKat and Android L Update Guide