Resident Evil 6 Is The Final Chapter, Script On The Works
By Tanya Diente | June 19, 2014 12:06 PM EST
The script is on the works for the sixth installment of the "Resident Evil" movie series tentatively entitled "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter."
Actress Milla Jovovich arrives for amfAR's Cinema Against AIDS 2014 event in Antibes during the 67th Cannes Film Festival May 22, 2014.
Speaking with Collider, "Resident Evil" franchise director, producer, and writer Paul W.S. Anderson gave an update on the status of the delayed production.
"'Resident Evil: The Final Chapter' is the working title. It may end up being the final title, but that's what's written on the front page of my script... I'm right in the middle of [the first draft]," Anderson said
"Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" may have been given the greenlight, however Paul Anderson said that there are no set dates for the shooting yet. As soon as they have the first draft of the screenplay then they would go from there.
As for the cinema release date of "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter," admittedly Paul Anderson said it depends on how fast he writes but he is hopeful that they will have the announcement soon.
Paul Anderson also confirmed that he is writing the draft for "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" as if it's the last movie.
"That's what's on the title page, it's Resident Evil: The Final Chapter, so absolutely."
As for plot details, Anderson was mum on the matter however he did confirm that he's writing the script for "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter" with 3D in mind.
"I firmly believe that you have to start thinking about the 3D even in the writing process," he said.
Paul Anderson added that when writing for 3D, he approaches his films right from inception.
"I kind of write action scenes and pick out locations that I think and know-because I've done so much of it-will translate very well into 3D. Then when we build the sets, we build sets that I know will shoot well in 3D. It's really, even from this point, 3D is something I'm definitely thinking about," he said.
Milla Jovovich may be reprising her role as Alice in "Resident Evil: The Final Chapter." The sixth installment may pick up its scene right from the last time Alice was seen in 'Resident Evil: Final Retribution" at the White House where she was seen facing down a threat with Weskers beside her.
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince Charles’ Wife Camilla Parker-Bowles In Drug Scandal - Reports
- Prince Harry Kissing Mystery Blond, Cressida Bonas & Camilla Thurlow Are Distant Memory
- St. Louis Rams 28, Seattle Seahawks 26 [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- ‘The Walking Dead’ Season 5, Episode 2 Major Spoilers, Air Date: Where To Watch Online, Live Stream ‘Strangers’
- ‘The X Factor Australia’ Grand Final Sing-Off: Marlisa Punzalan, Dean Ray and Brothers 3 [VIDEOS]
- 'Vampire Diaries' Season 6 Spoilers: Stefan Proposes To 'Elena Williams' In Promo Trailer For Episode 4 Titled 'Black Hole Sun' [WATCH VIDEO]
- ‘The Bachelor Australia’: Blake And Louise Tell The True Story
- ‘Days Of Our Lives’ (DOOL) Oct. 20-24 Spoilers: An ‘Unexpected Visitor’ Changes Everything For Sami Plus Updates On Salemites
- Galaxy Note 4 vs Redmi Note 2 vs iPhone 6: Samsung in Danger with Depressing Q3
- Apple Inc. (AAPL) Stock Set to Soar Beyond $100 Despite Decline After New iPad Launch
- iPhone 6 vs Nexus 6 vs Galaxy Note 4: Performance and User Interface Comparison
- Fappening: Message Board Posters Belittle Nude Photo Leakers As D-Listers Seeking Publicity
- U.S. Missile Shield In Europe Opens In Romania: Russia's Reservations Ignored