Battlefield Hardline vs. Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare: New Trailer and Resolutions Revealed, PC Beta Out
By Gel Galang | June 19, 2014 12:01 PM EST
A new trailer has come out for "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" and this time, it focuses on the story-telling aspect of the game.
Gamers line up under a "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" game display during the 2014 Electronic Entertainment Expo, known as E3, in Los Angeles, California June 11, 2014. REUTERS/Jonathan Alcorn
Sledgehammer Games tells the story of how the tried to "bring a level of authenticity" for the story of the newest installment as seen in the trailer. All of the weapons, uniforms and vehicles went through thorough planning, with the backdrop of compelling characters and story line that banked on reality as imagined for the future.
The production of "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" actually brings up the idea of realism, in as far as the actors are even depicted in the game as they look and move--just check out Kevin Spacey in all his villainous glory.
The developer has also brought up the fact that "Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare" is focused on just one protagonist, which is aimed towards making the story seem to also zoom in on just the player.
Talk About Resolution Comparisons for Ghosts and Advanced Warfare
"Call of Duty: Ghosts" has a mixed reception overall, and though there will surely be a lot of comparisons in many aspects of the two games, the developer has stated that "Advanced Warfare" has its share of progress compared to its predecessor.
"The fact that we've had three years to develop our new tech, three years to learn the console has been really exciting," said Sledgehammer Games' Michael Condrey to Total Xbox. "So we're still optimising, but what I can tell you is that we're definitely ahead of where the franchise was last year."
Given just how much realism Sledgehammer Games is trying to put into the game, this may contribute to the slight shift in focus and presentation of the game, coupled with the time that they had improving the title.
"Battlefield Hardline" Beta Access Now Available for the PC
Following the PS4 beta, PC players looking forward to "Battlefield Hardline" can now gain instant access to the title just by signing up to the official beta page for instant access.
Battlefield Blog has also announced that signing up will already grant players a few rewards:
- Instant Access into the Battlefield Hardline beta for PC (when selecting PC as your platform)
- Weapon camo/skin in Battlefield Hardline
- Weapon sight in Battlefield Hardline
- Additional Battlefield Hardline content
- Unique dog tag in Battlefield 4
Note that the "Battlefield Hardline" gear will be out when the game releases in October, while the dog tag for "Battlefield 4" will be out next month.
Joining the beta access to "Battlefield Hardline" will also enable PC players to join beta challenges, which have been ongoing for their PS4 counterparts. There are two available, which are "Reach Rank 10" for a special Battlepack at launch of the game, and "Enable Facebook Sharing" to get $1K in-game cash.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Pope Francis Meets Sudanese Woman Who Was Spared Death for Apostasy (PHOTOS)
- Malaysia Airlines Flight MH17: King Williem-Alexander, Queen Maxima Hold Solemn Reception Ceremony for Victims
- Jennifer Lawrence & Nicholas Hoult Allegedly Split: Mad Max Actor Cheats with Kristen Stewart & Riley Keough - Reports
- Transfer News: FC Barcelona Shockingly Sign Valencia Defender [PHOTOS]
Join the Conversation
- Samsung Galaxy Note 3 N9005 Official Android 4.4.2 KitKat XXUFNF4 Firmware Manual Installation
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Games: The Last of Us Remastered Photo Mode Leaked Shots; Halo: Master Chief Collection Detailed
- The SIMS 4 Official System Requirements Reveal Low Spec Demands; Release Date on September 2
- Dragon Age 3 Inquisition Romance: Cassandra Pentaghast, Dorian, Cullen, Sera, Iron Bull and Josephine Montilyet
- Minecraft 1.8 Snapshot 14w30c Released; Partnership with Lego to Reveal Toys This Fall
- Apple iPhone 6 on Two Confirmed Release Dates, New Parts Leaked Suggesting Bigger iPhone to Come
- Xiaomi Mi4 vs OnePlusOne vs Nexus 5: Mi4 is the ‘Perfect’ Phone
- Google Nexus 6, 8 with Android L on Release Date Promises Killer Mobile Device Experience
- Israeli Women Stripping Naked for IDF Soldiers
- HTC One M8 Android 4.4.3 KitKat Update Roll Out, Introducing the HTC One Remix
- Shocking Video of Pedigree Dog Culling in Bali Emerges [Video]
- Sony Xperia Z3 Specs Leaked with More Killer Features Ahead of Samsung Galaxy Note 4, iPhone 6