Motorola Moto E vs. Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 19, 2014 11:51 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Motorola Moto E or the Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2, here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
An employee of Samsung Electronics walks past the company main office in Seoul in this April 6, 2010 file photo. Samsung Electronics Co Ltd is emerging as a major player in its local debt market, buying more South Korean-issued bonds as it juggles a $60 billion cash pile. Samsung's push into private bank debt and government bonds underscores the challenges faced by the electronics giant in managing its massive cash holdings, with local banks reluctant to overload on short-term deposits from Samsung. REUTERS/Lee Jae-Won
Display and Design
The Motorola Moto E comes with a 4.3-inch capacitive touch screen, rendering 540 x 960 pixels resolution. The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 comes with a 4-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 480 x 800 pixels resolution.
The Moto E has a slight edge in this category, delivering 256 ppi pixel density compared to the 233 ppi pixel density of the Galaxy S Duos 2.
The Motorola Moto E comes with 124.8 x 64.8 x 12.3 mm dimensions and weighs 142 grams. The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 comes with 121.5 x 63.1 x 10.6 mm dimensions and weighs 118 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Motorola Moto E is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm Snapdragon 200 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz dual core cortex A9 processor and BCM 28145/28155 chipset. It comes with 4 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Motorola Moto E runs on the Android KitKat operating system and has 1 GB of RAM. The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 runs on the Android Jelly Bean operating system and has 768 MB of RAM. The Moto E again has a slight advantage with a slightly better RAM and the most recent operating system.
The Motorola Moto E sports a 5 MP camera and does not have a secondary camera. The Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 sports 5 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is a VGA camera.
The Motorola Moto E comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 1980 mAh battery and the Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 comes with a Li-Ion 1500 mAh battery.
Price in Australia
The Motorola Moto E is priced at around AU $249.95 and the Samsung Galaxy S Duos 2 is priced at around AU $209.95 in Australia.
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Taylor Swift Named Forbes' Second Highest Paid Country Musician [PHOTOS]
- Celebrities Who Got Pregnant Using IVF: Busting the Myths About IVF
- Global Aviation Accidents: UN to Form Safety Task Force, Gov'ts Should Share Intelligence Info to Avert Future Incidents on Flying Over Warzones (PHOTOS)
- PageSix: Beyonce & Jay Z Union is Not About Love, All About Business & the Brand
Join the Conversation
- GTA V Online: Money-Glitch Ban Goes After Cheaters as a New Zombie DLC Leak is Spotted
- Sony Xperia Z2 Tablet 17.1.2.A.0.314 Firmware Update to Improve Touch Screen and Charging Speed
- Nokia Lumia 630 vs. Sony Xperia M Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Sony Xperia T3 vs. HTC Desire 816 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- OnePlus One vs. iPhone 5S Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
- Freshly Leaked Apple iPad Air 2 Cases Confirm Touch ID Sensor; Release Date, Limited Specs and Price Listed
- Moto X Android 4.4.4 KitKat Update Guide: Schedule and How to Install
- Top 4 Reasons Why iPhone 6 Will Hit Big Soon After its Sept 2014 Release Date
- Top Surprising Features Of iOS 8
- Twin Malaysia Airlines MH370, MH17 Aviation Disasters Create Phobia Among Travellers
- OnePlus One vs. Moto X+1 – Early Specifications, Release Date and Price Faceoff
- 2014 Ebola Outbreak: ‘Out of control… and Can Get Worse'; Asky Airline Stops Flying to Liberia, Sierra Leone; Liberia Closes Schools