Sony Xperia T2 Ultra vs. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 19, 2014 11:50 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra or the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/Files
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra comes with a 6-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a 5.25-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Grand 2 has an edge in this category with a pixel density of 280 ppi compared to the 245 ppi pixel density of the T2 Ultra.
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra comes with 165.2 x 83.8 x 7.7 mm dimensions and weighs 171.7 grams. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with 146.8 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 163 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra is equipped with a 1.4 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra has 1 GB of RAM whereas the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 has 1.5 GB of RAM. In terms of sheer computing power there isn't a lot of difference between the two devices with one have a slightly better processor while the other has a slightly better RAM.
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.1 MP. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP.
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows a talk time of about 24 hours on 3G. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $379.95 and the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos is priced at around AU $359.95 in Australia.
Sony Xperia Z2: Top 5 Features review [Read]
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Brawl-Marred Game in NFL Week 3: Philadelphia Eagles 37, Washington Redskins 34 [PHOTOS]
- NFL Monday Night Football Recap: Chicago Bears 27, New York Jets 19
- Kate Middleton, Kelly Brook Have 'Most Perfect Breasts' While Kim Kardashian, Rihanna Have 'Least Desirable' Breasts, New Survey Finds [SEE PHOTOS]
- Jeremy Lin, Kobe Bryant Among The Top 5 Overpaid Players In The NBA (Part 1 - Western Conference)
Join the Conversation
- Nexus 6 Release Date is Nov 1 Following Android L, Nexus 8 Intro on October 16 – Report
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4’s Release Date Shifted; 15 Million Units Targeted At Price $919 Equivalent
- Analysis Site Confirms iPhone 6 Model Is The Best
- Apple Spends $200 To Build 16 GB iPhone 6 And Sell It For $649 And Earning Huge Profits
- Samsung News: Galaxy Note 4 Expected To Sell Millions As Samsung Teases New Galaxy Power Charger
- Nexus 6, 8 Release Date is Halloween 2014 as Android L Intro Set for October 16
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6 Plus: Better Performing Display and Best Overall Screen
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Samsung Galaxy S5: Battle of the Samsung Flagship Smartphones
- Apple iPad Air 2, OS X Yosemite Release Date Set For October, While iPad Mini 3 With Retina Headed For 2015 Release
- Moto G 2014 v Asus Zenfone 5 – Specification Comparison Shows Zenfone 5 Is A Good Alternative for Moto G
- Android 5.0 L Nexus 4, Nexus 5, Nexus 7 Release in October, Google Employees Offer Hint
- Galaxy Note 4 vs iPhone 6: Performance, Sales, iOS 8 and Android 5.0 L