Sony Xperia T2 Ultra vs. Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia
By Sachin Trivedi | June 19, 2014 11:50 AM EST
For readers who are considering buying the Sony Xperia T2 Ultra or the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2. Here is a specs and price comparison between the two devices in Australia. The comparison could help readers make an informed decision.
A receptionist speaks on a phone under a Sony Corp logo at the company's headquarters in Tokyo, in this file picture taken February 6, 2014. Sponsors Adidas, Sony, Visa and Coca-Cola on June 8, 2014 called on soccer's rulers to deal thoroughly with allegations of bribery to secure the 2022 World Cup for Qatar, an issue overshadowing this week's kickoff in Brazil. REUTERS/Toru Hanai/Files
Display and Design
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra comes with a 6-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a 5.25-inch TFT capacitive touch screen, rendering 720 x 1280 pixels resolution.
The Grand 2 has an edge in this category with a pixel density of 280 ppi compared to the 245 ppi pixel density of the T2 Ultra.
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra comes with 165.2 x 83.8 x 7.7 mm dimensions and weighs 171.7 grams. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with 146.8 x 75.3 x 8.9 mm dimensions and weighs 163 grams.
Hardware and Operating System
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra is equipped with a 1.4 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8928 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 32 GB using a Micro SD card.
The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 is equipped with a 1.2 GHz quad core cortex A7 processor and Qualcomm MSM8226 Snapdragon 400 chipset. It comes with 8 GB of internal memory, which can be expanded by up to 64 GB using a Micro SD card.
Both the devices run on the Android Jelly Bean operating system. The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra has 1 GB of RAM whereas the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 has 1.5 GB of RAM. In terms of sheer computing power there isn't a lot of difference between the two devices with one have a slightly better processor while the other has a slightly better RAM.
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra sports a 13 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.1 MP. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 sports an 8 MP primary camera with autofocus and LED flash. The secondary camera on the device is 1.9 MP.
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra comes with a non-removable Li-Ion 3000 mAh battery, which allows a talk time of about 24 hours on 3G. The Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 comes with a Li-Ion 2600 mAh battery, which allows for a talk time of about 17 hours on 3G.
Price in Australia
The Sony Xperia T2 Ultra 4G LTE variant is priced at around AU $379.95 and the Samsung Galaxy Grand 2 Duos is priced at around AU $359.95 in Australia.
Sony Xperia Z2: Top 5 Features review [Read]
Motorola Moto E vs. Nokia Lumia 520 Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Neo vs. Galaxy S4 Active Specs and Price Comparison in Australia [Read]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
Join the Conversation
- 'Dragon Age Keep' Guide: How To Use And Set Up Background Story For 'Dragon Age Inquisition'
- Google Nexus 6 Sold-Out Inventory: Android 5.0, Motorola-Nexus Branding, Network Carriers, Competitive Price
- ‘Destiny': Apocalypse-Themed Sparrows, Pumpkin Head Weapons As Contents For Halloween
- The Xperia Z3: A Review On Sony’s New Flagship
- Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Developer Edition Now Available At $699.99, Without Instalment Plan Options
- Nokia Lumia 730 v. Sharp Aquos Crystal – Specifications, Features And Price Showdown
- NATO: Russia's Been Conducting Too Many Military Flights Over Europe
- Apple iPhone 6 Plus vs Motorola Droid Turbo: Comparsion On Processor, Software And Battery
- Australia Special Forces Await 'Delayed' Iraqi Visas Before Joining ISIS Fight
- ISIS Has Been Equipped With Advanced Anti-Aircraft Missiles
- Samsung Galaxy Note 4 vs Motorola Droid Turbo – S-Pen Is Note’s 4 USP But Droid Turbo Can Outshine With Larger Battery
- 8 Important Things to Consider Before Buying or Upgrading to iPad Air 2