Sony Xperia Z2: Sony Releases Live on YouTube App for Android Smartphone
By Jenalyn Villamarin | June 19, 2014 11:27 AM EST
The Sony Xperia Z2 Live on YouTube app will allow the users to broadcast up to 15 minutes of 480 pixel resolution video directly from the smartphone camera to their YouTube account or channel in order for the viewers to watch. Additionally, the live broadcast feature in the account must be enabled.
The CNET report noted down that the new Sony app is not available in all markets mostly where Google does not permit live streaming. The Sony Xperia Z2 smartphone users will be able to broadcast everything with the Live on YouTube app from video blogs to important moments or celebrations in life.
As the users live stream their everyday life, a live number of views, likes and even likes can be seen updated in real time. Furthermore, the Sony Xperia Z2 live streamers can control which broadcast to go up and set schedule reminders for their online video feed.
According to the Tech Radar report, Sony describes the Live on YouTube app as an evolution of Social Live that allows the smartphone owners to film and upload videos to YouTube from the device. The Japanese technology giant has been attempting as well to apply the live streaming sharing option to the other platforms such as the PS4 that had a short video broadcasting capacity.
Aside from the Sony Xperia Z2, the Narrative Clip and Giroptic's 360cam are the other live streaming devices to choose from. The Sony Xperia Z2 sports a 5.2-inch IPS LCD capacitive touch screen display with 1920 x 1080 pixel resolution, a quad-core 2.3 GHz Qualcomm Snapdragon 801 processor, 3 GB of RAM, Android 4.4.2 KitKat operating system, Adreno 330 GPU, 20.7 MP primary camera, 2.2 MP secondary camera and 16 GB internal storage capacity that is expandable up to 128 GB through the microSD card slot.
Other impressive features and specs include shatterproof and scratch-resistant glass protection, Triluminos display, X-Reality Engine, Wi-Fi 802.11 a/b/g/n/ac, Wi-Fi hotspot, Bluetooth 4.0, NFC, microUSB 2.0, 3200 mAh non-removable Li-Ion battery and IP58 certification for dust- and water-resistant feature over 1 meter and 30 minutes.
More Articles to Read:
Nokia Lumia 530: T-Mobile USA to Offer Windows Phone Handset with the Codename 'Nokia Rise' - [READ]
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Most Popular Slideshows
- Prince William & Kate Middleton Caught Flirting In A Countryside Dinner Date [PHOTOS]
- Kate Middleton’s Mom Accused Of Being A Social Climber, Prince George Not Seen By Relatives
Join the Conversation
- Xbox’s September Games with Gold Features Halo Reach As Halo 5: Guardians And Master Chief Collection Get Details
- ‘Minecraft Xbox One Edition’ Updates From Devs Plus More On Minecraft On The Xbox Platform
- ‘Assassin’s Creed Unity’ Delayed To November As ‘Rogue’ Gets More Story Details
- 'World Of Warcraft’ Brings Back The ‘Gaze Of The Black Prince’ Buff From Sept. 2-16, 2014 After ‘Warlords Of Draenor' Patch 6.0.1 Beta Notes Update [WATCH VIDEO]
- 'Dragon Age: Inquisition': Romancing Solas, Morrigan's Human Side And Dragon Age Keep User Interface
- 5.5-Inch iPhone 6 is iPhone Air on Sept 19 Release Date: 5 Things to Consider Before Buying
- Nexus 6 Release Date Update: Moto X+1 Look Leaked, Nexus X or Shamu Moved to Demo Phase
- HTC One M8 for Windows Vs. Nokia Lumia Icon, The Battle Of Windows Phones