Issues Spotted on Android 4.4.3 Kitkat Update for the Nexus 7; Nexus 6 Confirmed Not from LG
By Gel Galang | June 19, 2014 11:24 AM EST
Nexus users were among the earliest to receive their Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update, but until now, the devices are still receiving the latest from Google's OS improvements.
The latest of the lineup to get it is the 2012 Nexus 7 Wi-Fi and the Nexus 7 Wi-Fi and 3G, where the update is already out for Over the Air download. According to Android Police, expect the Nexus 7 Wi-fi Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update to be around 67.6 MB while the Wi-fi + 3G model is at 67.9 MB, considerably both small updates.
As far as updates for other Nexus devices are concerned, Gotta Be Mobile has spotted a statement from a Google representative that they are already working on bringing "this update to Nexus 7 2013 LTE" though a specific release date or timeframe window was not given.
Issues Spotted for the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat
The Android 4.4.3 Kitkat system update is pretty much all about improving performances, strengthening stability and fixing a couple of bugs. However, it reels in a couple of issues experienced by users of Nexus devices that have already been upgraded to the latest update.
According to IT Pro, some of these issues include wi-fi problems, crashes and reboots and bugs found in apps. Google has not yet given any statement about how to deal with these issues nor has there been any word if these issues are only experienced by a handful.
For now, the Android 4.4.3 Kitkat update is still being steadily rolled out to many Android devices, though rumours of the Android 4.4.4 or Android 5 are already being hinted as well.
LG Won't Be Making the Nexus 6
Despite reports of the Nexus 6 finding its inspiration in the LG G3, the upcoming Nexus device may not have any hint of LG at all. A new report found by Phone Arena reports on LG executive Ken Hong, stating that they may not be the company to create the device.
"I know at least not yet. Normally we were informed. That can mean two things. Either I got ignored, or we simply won't be making [the Nexus 6]," he said in an interview quoted by Phone Arena.
There are no candidates as of yet on who will be taking over the job should LG really not be tasked to create the Nexus 6. But the statement from Hong is by no means hinting that a Nexus 6 won't be making its appearance.
Read more gaming and tech news:
To contact the editor, e-mail:
Join the Conversation
- LG G4: Speculations About The Next Big Thing For 2015
- ‘Halo: The Master Chief Collection' Xbox One Fixes And Free Gifts, Bonnie Ross Apologises For Issues
- PS4 vs. Xbox One Black Friday Sale 2014, Cyber Monday Deals: Walmart’s PS4 Bundles And Discounted Games With Gold
- ‘GTA V:' 1.19 Patch, Heists DLC Release With ‘Next Major Update’ Possible—Report
- ‘GTA 5 Online’ Gets Errors Despite Patches; Devs Update Fans On Online Heists
- Russia Is Ready for Shooting War, Will Likely Win Looming Nuclear Showdown with U.S. – Report
- Microsoft Band Runs Out Of Stock, But Offers $10 Gift Voucher To Wait-Listed Customers
- Black Friday And Cyber Monday Sale 2014: AT&T's Cricket Wireless Offers Discounts On Lumia 1320, Galaxy S5, S4 And HTC Desire 510
- Google Joins Forces with GoPro Inc with New Google Maps Focusing on Destination
- Target Early Black Friday 2014 Sale Ad Released For Nov. 26, 2014 Includes Deals On Toys, HDTVs And Video Games Such As ‘FIFA 15’ And ‘NHL 15’ For Xbox 360 [WATCH VIDEO]
- 16GB iPhone 6 for $99 at Sam’s Club is the Best 2014 Black Friday Deal Around
- Lumia Update Will Come Soon Confirms Microsoft